mariana trench
0
flatfish

On 2016-12-21, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> Anyone notice the Santa hat on VLC player?
> I think they did the same thing last year.

That is always as I remember.

Melzzzzz
12/21/2016 11:19:45 PM
On 2016-12-21 6:10 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> Anyone notice the Santa hat on VLC player?
> I think they did the same thing last year.

They do it every year, even if you don't upgrade the version. I think
that it is enabled once the date on the computer reaches something like
December 18th.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7

Proud bigot.
0
Silver
12/21/2016 11:33:22 PM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 18:33:22 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:

> On 2016-12-21 6:10 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> Anyone notice the Santa hat on VLC player?
>> I think they did the same thing last year.
>
> They do it every year, even if you don't upgrade the version. I think
> that it is enabled once the date on the computer reaches something like
> December 18th.

I guess I'm a few days slow then :)

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 4:33:23 PM UTC-7, Silver Slimer wrote:
> On 2016-12-21 6:10 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> > Anyone notice the Santa hat on VLC player?
> > I think they did the same thing last year.
>
> They do it every year, even if you don't upgrade the version. I think
> that it is enabled once the date on the computer reaches something like
> December 18th.

If the Snit-ish anti-Christmas grinch in you gets to be too much you can just swap it out.
filename: vlc-xmas.png

Snit already sent me a copy of his:
<http://imgur.com/a/a0om0>
0
Steve
12/21/2016 11:50:26 PM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 15:50:26 -0800 (PST), Steve Carroll wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 4:33:23 PM UTC-7, Silver Slimer wrote:
>> On 2016-12-21 6:10 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>> Anyone notice the Santa hat on VLC player?
>>> I think they did the same thing last year.
>>
>> They do it every year, even if you don't upgrade the version. I think
>> that it is enabled once the date on the computer reaches something like
>> December 18th.
>
> If the Snit-ish anti-Christmas grinch in you gets to be too much you can just swap it out.
> filename: vlc-xmas.png
>
> Snit already sent me a copy of his:
> <http://imgur.com/a/a0om0>

I like it!
It's cute!

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
On 2016-12-21 6:50 PM, Steve Carroll wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 4:33:23 PM UTC-7, Silver Slimer wrote:
>> On 2016-12-21 6:10 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>>> Anyone notice the Santa hat on VLC player?
>>> I think they did the same thing last year.
>>
>> They do it every year, even if you don't upgrade the version. I think
>> that it is enabled once the date on the computer reaches something like
>> December 18th.
>
> If the Snit-ish anti-Christmas grinch in you gets to be too much you can just swap it out.
> filename: vlc-xmas.png
>
> Snit already sent me a copy of his:
> <http://imgur.com/a/a0om0>

Speaking of the guy, I find it striking that of all of the people he
would choose to filter, you're it. You must have truly beaten him to a
pulp for him to be too afraid to talk to you. I can't imagine the amount
of trauma you must have caused him over the years that he's not even
able to face you.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7
Gab.ai: @silverslimer

Proud bigot.
0
Silver
12/22/2016 2:05:07 AM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:05:07 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:

> On 2016-12-21 6:50 PM, Steve Carroll wrote:
>>>
>>> They do it every year, even if you don't upgrade the version. I think
>>> that it is enabled once the date on the computer reaches something like
>>> December 18th.
>>
>> If the Snit-ish anti-Christmas grinch in you gets to be too much you can just swap it out.
>> filename: vlc-xmas.png
>>
>> Snit already sent me a copy of his:
>> <http://imgur.com/a/a0om0>
>
> Speaking of the guy, I find it striking that of all of the people he
> would choose to filter, you're it. You must have truly beaten him to a
> pulp for him to be too afraid to talk to you. I can't imagine the amount
> of trauma you must have caused him over the years that he's not even
> able to face you.

Snit doesn't filter Steve Carroll. Snit engages him via his sock
puppets like tmelmosfire or thermos bottle as we know him.
That's how snit is able to respond to Carroll.

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> Snit doesn't filter Steve Carroll. Snit engages him via his sock
> puppets like tmelmosfire or thermos bottle as we know him.
> That's how snit is able to respond to Carroll.

And it is so obvious, and yet Snit does it anyway.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 2:17:05 AM
On 2016-12-21 9:13 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:05:07 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:

>>> If the Snit-ish anti-Christmas grinch in you gets to be too much you can just swap it out.
>>> filename: vlc-xmas.png
>>>
>>> Snit already sent me a copy of his:
>>> <http://imgur.com/a/a0om0>
>>
>> Speaking of the guy, I find it striking that of all of the people he
>> would choose to filter, you're it. You must have truly beaten him to a
>> pulp for him to be too afraid to talk to you. I can't imagine the amount
>> of trauma you must have caused him over the years that he's not even
>> able to face you.
>
> Snit doesn't filter Steve Carroll. Snit engages him via his sock
> puppets like tmelmosfire or thermos bottle as we know him.
> That's how snit is able to respond to Carroll.

Admittedly, that's a lot more plausible than anything Snot Glasser said.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7
Gab.ai: @silverslimer

Proud bigot.
0
Silver
12/22/2016 2:24:36 AM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 20:17:05 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

> On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
>> Snit doesn't filter Steve Carroll. Snit engages him via his sock
>> puppets like tmelmosfire or thermos bottle as we know him.
>> That's how snit is able to respond to Carroll.
>
> And it is so obvious, and yet Snit does it anyway.

Yep.
BTW I owe you an apology.
I apologize for the graphic I posted in that Maui screenshot.
I think our little debate just got out of hand.
Apologies from me to you....

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
"flatfish+++" <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 20:17:05 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:
>
>> On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
>>> Snit doesn't filter Steve Carroll. Snit engages him via his sock
>>> puppets like tmelmosfire or thermos bottle as we know him.
>>> That's how snit is able to respond to Carroll.
>>
>> And it is so obvious, and yet Snit does it anyway.
>
> Yep.
> BTW I owe you an apology.
> I apologize for the graphic I posted in that Maui screenshot.
> I think our little debate just got out of hand.
> Apologies from me to you....

Wow. An apology. Now see if you will apologize for your trolling of me.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them

0
Snit
12/22/2016 2:42:06 AM
On 12/21/16, 7:13 PM, in article ec0r6uF8nfdU1@mid.individual.net,
"flatfish+++" <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:05:07 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:

>>> If the Snit-ish anti-Christmas grinch in you gets to be too much you can
>>> just swap it out.
>>> filename: vlc-xmas.png
>>>
>>> Snit already sent me a copy of his:
>>> <http://imgur.com/a/a0om0>
>>
>> Speaking of the guy, I find it striking that of all of the people he
>> would choose to filter, you're it. You must have truly beaten him to a
>> pulp for him to be too afraid to talk to you. I can't imagine the amount
>> of trauma you must have caused him over the years that he's not even
>> able to face you.
>
> Snit doesn't filter Steve Carroll. Snit engages him via his sock
> puppets like tmelmosfire or thermos bottle as we know him.
> That's how snit is able to respond to Carroll.

And more lies from you.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 2:42:24 AM
On 12/21/16, 7:17 PM, in article
fr-dnVV2fIo8qsbFnZ2dnUU7-cGdnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
>> Snit doesn't filter Steve Carroll. Snit engages him via his sock
>> puppets like tmelmosfire or thermos bottle as we know him.
>> That's how snit is able to respond to Carroll.
>
> And it is so obvious, and yet Snit does it anyway.

<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.os.linux.advocacy/8dIgNXvTjUE>

Wow... you used the first bulleted item in your trolling. How original of
you!

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 2:44:29 AM
On 12/21/16, 7:05 PM, in article o3fc9r$vge$1@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer"
<.m@nsn.s> wrote:

> On 2016-12-21 6:50 PM, Steve Carroll wrote:
>>>
>>> They do it every year, even if you don't upgrade the version. I think
>>> that it is enabled once the date on the computer reaches something like
>>> December 18th.
>>
>> If the Snit-ish anti-Christmas grinch in you gets to be too much you can just
>> swap it out.
>> filename: vlc-xmas.png
>>
>> Snit already sent me a copy of his:
>> <http://imgur.com/a/a0om0>
>
> Speaking of the guy, I find it striking that of all of the people he
> would choose to filter, you're it. You must have truly beaten him to a
> pulp for him to be too afraid to talk to you. I can't imagine the amount
> of trauma you must have caused him over the years that he's not even
> able to face you.

<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.os.linux.advocacy/8dIgNXvTjUE>

Damn... I should have listed making up BS stories in that.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 2:45:19 AM
On 12/21/16, 7:24 PM, in article o3fdec$1da$4@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer"
<.m@nsn.s> wrote:

> On 2016-12-21 9:13 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> Speaking of the guy, I find it striking that of all of the people he
>>> would choose to filter, you're it. You must have truly beaten him to a
>>> pulp for him to be too afraid to talk to you. I can't imagine the amount
>>> of trauma you must have caused him over the years that he's not even
>>> able to face you.
>>
>> Snit doesn't filter Steve Carroll. Snit engages him via his sock
>> puppets like tmelmosfire or thermos bottle as we know him.
>> That's how snit is able to respond to Carroll.
>
> Admittedly, that's a lot more plausible than anything Snot Glasser said.

<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.os.linux.advocacy/8dIgNXvTjUE>

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 2:46:45 AM
On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 20:17:05 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:
>
>> On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
>>> Snit doesn't filter Steve Carroll. Snit engages him via his sock
>>> puppets like tmelmosfire or thermos bottle as we know him.
>>> That's how snit is able to respond to Carroll.
>>
>> And it is so obvious, and yet Snit does it anyway.
>
> Yep.
> BTW I owe you an apology.
> I apologize for the graphic I posted in that Maui screenshot.
> I think our little debate just got out of hand.
> Apologies from me to you....

I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 2:56:37 AM
On 12/21/16, 7:56 PM, in article
1vidne_fJIZ43cbFnZ2dnUU7-cPNnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> And it is so obvious, and yet Snit does it anyway.
>>
>> Yep.
>> BTW I owe you an apology.
>> I apologize for the graphic I posted in that Maui screenshot.
>> I think our little debate just got out of hand.
>> Apologies from me to you....
>
> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.

You better be able to... you sure as hell dish them out. :)

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 2:59:41 AM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 20:56:37 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

> On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> And it is so obvious, and yet Snit does it anyway.
>>
>> Yep.
>> BTW I owe you an apology.
>> I apologize for the graphic I posted in that Maui screenshot.
>> I think our little debate just got out of hand.
>> Apologies from me to you....
>
> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.

It was stupid.
http://imgur.com/a/bKfo7

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
On 2016-12-21 9:56 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:
> On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> And it is so obvious, and yet Snit does it anyway.
>>
>> Yep.
>> BTW I owe you an apology.
>> I apologize for the graphic I posted in that Maui screenshot.
>> I think our little debate just got out of hand.
>> Apologies from me to you....
>
> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.

Hurray for all of us getting along! Now if only someone could take that
barbed-wired baseball bat out of chrisv's ass so that we could all get
along with him/her/zir.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7
Gab.ai: @silverslimer

Proud bigot.
0
Silver
12/22/2016 3:02:17 AM
On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 7:05:07 PM UTC-7, Silver Slimer wrote:
> On 2016-12-21 6:50 PM, Steve Carroll wrote:
> >>
> >> They do it every year, even if you don't upgrade the version. I think
> >> that it is enabled once the date on the computer reaches something like
> >> December 18th.
> >
> > If the Snit-ish anti-Christmas grinch in you gets to be too much you can just swap it out.
> > filename: vlc-xmas.png
> >
> > Snit already sent me a copy of his:
> > <http://imgur.com/a/a0om0>
>
> Speaking of the guy, I find it striking that of all of the people he
> would choose to filter, you're it. You must have truly beaten him to a
> pulp for him to be too afraid to talk to you. I can't imagine the amount
> of trauma you must have caused him over the years that he's not even
> able to face you.

Yes, the 'trauma' of him having to face the reality of his own BS was too much for him to bear.
0
Steve
12/22/2016 3:08:02 AM
On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 20:56:37 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> Yep.
>>> BTW I owe you an apology.
>>> I apologize for the graphic I posted in that Maui screenshot.
>>> I think our little debate just got out of hand.
>>> Apologies from me to you....
>>
>> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>
> It was stupid.
> http://imgur.com/a/bKfo7

And what is this? I get that it is Maui, but is that KDE? Looks really
flat if it is. Is this Plasma?

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 3:08:15 AM
On 2016-12-22, Silver Slimer <> wrote:
> On 2016-12-21 9:56 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> Yep.
>>> BTW I owe you an apology.
>>> I apologize for the graphic I posted in that Maui screenshot.
>>> I think our little debate just got out of hand.
>>> Apologies from me to you....
>>
>> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>
> Hurray for all of us getting along! Now if only someone could take that
> barbed-wired baseball bat out of chrisv's ass so that we could all get
> along with him/her/zir.

We should all get on skype one of these days and you can can ask
anything and insult all you like.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 3:10:11 AM
On 12/21/16, 8:08 PM, in article
A6ednUsU4pwC3sbFnZ2dnUU7-QOdnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>>> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>>
>> It was stupid.
>> http://imgur.com/a/bKfo7
>
> And what is this? I get that it is Maui, but is that KDE? Looks really
> flat if it is. Is this Plasma?

The look is very flat... but I am in awe of how much KDE has grown. Truly
amazing to me.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 3:12:35 AM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:08:15 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

> On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>>> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>>
>> It was stupid.
>> http://imgur.com/a/bKfo7
>
> And what is this? I get that it is Maui, but is that KDE? Looks really
> flat if it is. Is this Plasma?

I think it's plasma?
It's Maui default whatever that is.
Looks great to me especially compared to LinuxMint.

I'm a sucker for eye candy but it has to be usable at the same time.
This one is, IMHO.

Some of the docker themes are more of a problem than a solution IMHO.

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
<marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2016-12-22, Silver Slimer <> wrote:

>>> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>>> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>>
>> Hurray for all of us getting along! Now if only someone could take that
>> barbed-wired baseball bat out of chrisv's ass so that we could all get
>> along with him/her/zir.
>
> We should all get on skype one of these days and you can can ask
> anything and insult all you like.

I have Skyped with people from COLA.

Did not stop people in COLA from insisting the others on the Skype were my
socks. Really. Flatfish went WAY into la-la crazy land to try to explain how
I had tried to "fool" everyone.

Most extreme example of the "Everyone is Snit" gag every pushed into COLA.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 3:14:04 AM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:10:11 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

> On 2016-12-22, Silver Slimer <> wrote:

>>> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>>> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>>
>> Hurray for all of us getting along! Now if only someone could take that
>> barbed-wired baseball bat out of chrisv's ass so that we could all get
>> along with him/her/zir.
>
> We should all get on skype one of these days and you can can ask
> anything and insult all you like.

I suspect some of us have more in common than we realize but it gets
buried due to walls being set up and everyone trying to out do the
other person.

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:08:15 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

> And what is this? I get that it is Maui, but is that KDE? Looks really
> flat if it is. Is this Plasma?

Yep. KDE Plasma 5.8.6 (or 5.8.3?).

--
Testing Linux Mint KDE 18
0
"flatfish+++" <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 20:56:37 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> Yep.
>>> BTW I owe you an apology.
>>> I apologize for the graphic I posted in that Maui screenshot.
>>> I think our little debate just got out of hand.
>>> Apologies from me to you....
>>
>> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>
> It was stupid.
> http://imgur.com/a/bKfo7

I made this for Marek at one point: <https://youtu.be/1J1k7gQQ3oo>.

Don't even remember the details why... something about him saying I could
not do real 3D stuff. Or use keyframes. Or whatever. Cannot keep track of
all his trolling.

Certainly not an expert but what I show there did not take me that long.
Also nothing to make Pixar worry about competition. :)

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 3:18:09 AM
On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:08:15 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> It was stupid.
>>> http://imgur.com/a/bKfo7
>>
>> And what is this? I get that it is Maui, but is that KDE? Looks really
>> flat if it is. Is this Plasma?
>
> I think it's plasma?
> It's Maui default whatever that is.
> Looks great to me especially compared to LinuxMint.
>
> I'm a sucker for eye candy but it has to be usable at the same time.
> This one is, IMHO.
>
> Some of the docker themes are more of a problem than a solution IMHO.

you might give elementary a try. I've not tried it. I used rhel for
three years straight and only recently started using manjaro on my
lenovo. likely i'll just stick with rhel on everything else. I don't
recommend rhel to anyone. most will opine that it is a difficult system
to use.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 3:18:24 AM
On 12/21/16, 8:12 PM, in article ec0ulqF9djaU1@mid.individual.net,
"flatfish+++" <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:08:15 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> It was stupid.
>>> http://imgur.com/a/bKfo7
>>
>> And what is this? I get that it is Maui, but is that KDE? Looks really
>> flat if it is. Is this Plasma?
>
> I think it's plasma?
> It's Maui default whatever that is.
> Looks great to me especially compared to LinuxMint.

I prefer the look of Mint. Heck, might even still prefer Mint in general...
but, damn, KDE developers are working to get a clue. Still in shock. :)

> I'm a sucker for eye candy but it has to be usable at the same time.
> This one is, IMHO.
>
> Some of the docker themes are more of a problem than a solution IMHO.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 3:24:19 AM
On 12/21/16, 8:14 PM, in article ec0uo2F9eltU1@mid.individual.net,
"flatfish+++" <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:10:11 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> Hurray for all of us getting along! Now if only someone could take that
>>> barbed-wired baseball bat out of chrisv's ass so that we could all get
>>> along with him/her/zir.
>>
>> We should all get on skype one of these days and you can can ask
>> anything and insult all you like.
>
> I suspect some of us have more in common than we realize but it gets
> buried due to walls being set up and everyone trying to out do the
> other person.

Agreed... and in my case I do not really even get the need to outdo others.
Just share what you know. But, yes, there is a lot of posturing among many
of the regulars.

Hmmmm, I guess I "out do others" in not even trying to "out do other." Ha!

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 3:25:39 AM
On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:10:11 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> Hurray for all of us getting along! Now if only someone could take that
>>> barbed-wired baseball bat out of chrisv's ass so that we could all get
>>> along with him/her/zir.
>>
>> We should all get on skype one of these days and you can can ask
>> anything and insult all you like.
>
> I suspect some of us have more in common than we realize but it gets
> buried due to walls being set up and everyone trying to out do the
> other person.

i would bet people are a lot nicer on skype than in text. not all linux
users agree with other. one of the guys from the group that is perhaps
one of my best friends on usenet doesn't agree with much of anything
linux-wise with me. he hates red hat. i love red hat. he hates systemd.
i embrace it. i love rpm and yum. i think i'm the only one on that
score. the difference is we don't go back and forth about it.

i've said it before but i'll say it again. i don't care what other
people use. if you happen to like linux then we'd have something in
common. if you prefer windows, we'd have less in common. when i opine
that windows and the mac sucks ass, don't take it personally. it's not a
big deal.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 3:25:40 AM
On 2016-12-22, RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:08:15 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:
>
>> And what is this? I get that it is Maui, but is that KDE? Looks really
>> flat if it is. Is this Plasma?
>
> Yep. KDE Plasma 5.8.6 (or 5.8.3?).

you're using this one right now, correct? Is this rolling or what's it
based on?

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 3:26:55 AM
On 2016-12-22, Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
> On 12/21/16, 8:02 PM, in article ec0u1gF991dU1@mid.individual.net,
> "flatfish+++" <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

>>> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>>> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>>
>> It was stupid.
>> http://imgur.com/a/bKfo7
>
> I made this for Marek at one point: <https://youtu.be/1J1k7gQQ3oo>.
>
> Don't even remember the details why... something about him saying I could
> not do real 3D stuff. Or use keyframes. Or whatever. Cannot keep track of
> all his trolling.
>
> Certainly not an expert but what I show there did not take me that long.
> Also nothing to make Pixar worry about competition. :)

You didn't show what was used to make this. Could you show the app and
the canvas running?

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 3:28:43 AM
On 12/21/16, 4:10 PM, in article ec0gf4F6emjU1@mid.individual.net,
"flatfish+++" <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:

> Anyone notice the Santa hat on VLC player?
> I think they did the same thing last year.

Mine was not updated. Quit and relaunched and it was. It is just the dock
icon and not the Finder icon.

Yes, they have done it every year for some time.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 3:31:50 AM
On 12/21/16, 4:33 PM, in article o3f3da$6qd$2@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer"
<.m@nsn.s> wrote:

> On 2016-12-21 6:10 PM, flatfish+++ wrote:
>> Anyone notice the Santa hat on VLC player?
>> I think they did the same thing last year.
>
> They do it every year, even if you don't upgrade the version. I think
> that it is enabled once the date on the computer reaches something like
> December 18th.

At least on macOS it only happens on re-launch of the app.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 3:32:28 AM
On 12/21/16, 8:25 PM, in article
WKadnXKEb6op2sbFnZ2dnUU7-LfNnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"

>>> We should all get on skype one of these days and you can can ask
>>> anything and insult all you like.
>>
>> I suspect some of us have more in common than we realize but it gets
>> buried due to walls being set up and everyone trying to out do the
>> other person.
>
> i would bet people are a lot nicer on skype than in text.

I remain nice on both. I simply refuse to sink to the level of those who
troll COLA.

> not all linux users agree with other. one of the guys from the group that is
> perhaps one of my best friends on usenet doesn't agree with much of anything
> linux-wise with me. he hates red hat. i love red hat. he hates systemd. i
> embrace it. i love rpm and yum. i think i'm the only one on that score. the
> difference is we don't go back and forth about it.
>
> i've said it before but i'll say it again. i don't care what other people use.
> if you happen to like linux then we'd have something in common. if you prefer
> windows, we'd have less in common. when i opine that windows and the mac sucks
> ass, don't take it personally. it's not a big deal.

Agreed. What I do not understand about many in COLA -- including you -- is
why you seem to tie your ego to tech and OS choice. It is bizarre to me. If
you are sincere in no longer doing this I welcome it.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 3:41:35 AM
On 12/21/16, 8:28 PM, in article
WKadnWyEb6r21cbFnZ2dnUU7-LednZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2016-12-22, Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> On 12/21/16, 8:02 PM, in article ec0u1gF991dU1@mid.individual.net,

>>> It was stupid.
>>> http://imgur.com/a/bKfo7
>>
>> I made this for Marek at one point: <https://youtu.be/1J1k7gQQ3oo>.
>>
>> Don't even remember the details why... something about him saying I could
>> not do real 3D stuff. Or use keyframes. Or whatever. Cannot keep track of
>> all his trolling.
>>
>> Certainly not an expert but what I show there did not take me that long.
>> Also nothing to make Pixar worry about competition. :)
>
> You didn't show what was used to make this.

You never asked.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 3:41:56 AM
On 12/21/16, 8:28 PM, in article
WKadnWyEb6r21cbFnZ2dnUU7-LednZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
<marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:

> On 2016-12-22, Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:
>> On 12/21/16, 8:02 PM, in article ec0u1gF991dU1@mid.individual.net,

>>> It was stupid.
>>> http://imgur.com/a/bKfo7
>>
>> I made this for Marek at one point: <https://youtu.be/1J1k7gQQ3oo>.
>>
>> Don't even remember the details why... something about him saying I could
>> not do real 3D stuff. Or use keyframes. Or whatever. Cannot keep track of
>> all his trolling.
>>
>> Certainly not an expert but what I show there did not take me that long.
>> Also nothing to make Pixar worry about competition. :)
>
> You didn't show what was used to make this. Could you show the app and
> the canvas running?

Sorry... hit the send button before finishing my reply.

Happy to give you all the details I remember from my making of it... but
would appreciate it you would first answer the questions I keep asking you
about your claims of your script:

1) Do you admit my tasks were generally easy (and you stated so)?

2) Do you admit you worked on one (the animated bar graph)?

3) Do you deny you failed to offer a completed example of the task?

4) Do you deny you brought up your VPN bas script?

5) Do you deny I failed to replicate it or its functionality?

6) Did you ever say it would fail on macOS (I do not think you did!)

7) Do you deny you started your script a months before the challenge?

8) Do you deny you posted it publicly and got feedback?

9) Do you deny you spoke of the Mac community failing your task?

I was going to set that as a condition for my answering... but, as you know,
my honest and open nature leads me to generally answer anyway. So just call
it a gentle request... a sign you are not just still playing games.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 3:45:39 AM
On 12/21/16, 8:45 PM, in article
D4809A73.85AB0%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com, "Snit"
<usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> On 12/21/16, 8:28 PM, in article
> WKadnWyEb6r21cbFnZ2dnUU7-LednZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
> <marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2016-12-22, Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

>>> I made this for Marek at one point: <https://youtu.be/1J1k7gQQ3oo>.
>>>
>>> Don't even remember the details why... something about him saying I could
>>> not do real 3D stuff. Or use keyframes. Or whatever. Cannot keep track of
>>> all his trolling.
>>>
>>> Certainly not an expert but what I show there did not take me that long.
>>> Also nothing to make Pixar worry about competition. :)
>>
>> You didn't show what was used to make this. Could you show the app and
>> the canvas running?
>
> Sorry... hit the send button before finishing my reply.
>
> Happy to give you all the details I remember from my making of it... but
> would appreciate it you would first answer the questions I keep asking you
> about your claims of your script:
>
> 1) Do you admit my tasks were generally easy (and you stated so)?
>
> 2) Do you admit you worked on one (the animated bar graph)?
>
> 3) Do you deny you failed to offer a completed example of the task?
>
> 4) Do you deny you brought up your VPN bas script?
>
> 5) Do you deny I failed to replicate it or its functionality?
>
> 6) Did you ever say it would fail on macOS (I do not think you did!)
>
> 7) Do you deny you started your script a months before the challenge?
>
> 8) Do you deny you posted it publicly and got feedback?
>
> 9) Do you deny you spoke of the Mac community failing your task?
>
> I was going to set that as a condition for my answering... but, as you know,
> my honest and open nature leads me to generally answer anyway. So just call
> it a gentle request... a sign you are not just still playing games.

OK, sorry... third reply -- bad form.

Curious also as to your guess as to what I used. I will say it was all done
with OS X (now macOS). Also used non-open software.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 3:49:50 AM
On Wednesday, 21 December 2016 20:45:53 UTC-7, Snit  wrote:
> On 12/21/16, 8:28 PM, in article
> WKadnWyEb6r21cbFnZ2dnUU7-LednZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"
> <marek.novotny@marspolar.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2016-12-22, Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> wrote:

> >> I made this for Marek at one point: <https://youtu.be/1J1k7gQQ3oo>.
> >>
> >> Don't even remember the details why... something about him saying I could
> >> not do real 3D stuff. Or use keyframes. Or whatever. Cannot keep track of
> >> all his trolling.
> >>
> >> Certainly not an expert but what I show there did not take me that long.
> >> Also nothing to make Pixar worry about competition. :)
> >
> > You didn't show what was used to make this. Could you show the app and
> > the canvas running?
>
> Sorry... hit the send button before finishing my reply.
>
> Happy to give you all the details I remember from my making of it... but
> would appreciate it you would first answer the questions I keep asking you
> about your claims of your script:
>
> 1) Do you admit my tasks were generally easy (and you stated so)?
>
> 2) Do you admit you worked on one (the animated bar graph)?
>
> 3) Do you deny you failed to offer a completed example of the task?
>
> 4) Do you deny you brought up your VPN bas script?
>
> 5) Do you deny I failed to replicate it or its functionality?
>
> 6) Did you ever say it would fail on macOS (I do not think you did!)
>
> 7) Do you deny you started your script a months before the challenge?
>
> 8) Do you deny you posted it publicly and got feedback?
>
> 9) Do you deny you spoke of the Mac community failing your task?

Your questions are worded like multiple choice questions designed to trip up a student. As a teacher you either know better or are trying to trick him to contradicting himself.
0
tmelmosfire
12/22/2016 4:03:06 AM
On 12/21/16, 9:03 PM, in article
54e8639a-354a-4173-92b9-62497a14460f@googlegroups.com, "tmelmosfire"
<tmelmosfire@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> You didn't show what was used to make this. Could you show the app and
>>> the canvas running?
>>
>> Sorry... hit the send button before finishing my reply.
>>
>> Happy to give you all the details I remember from my making of it... but
>> would appreciate it you would first answer the questions I keep asking you
>> about your claims of your script:
>>
>> 1) Do you admit my tasks were generally easy (and you stated so)?
>>
>> 2) Do you admit you worked on one (the animated bar graph)?
>>
>> 3) Do you deny you failed to offer a completed example of the task?
>>
>> 4) Do you deny you brought up your VPN bas script?
>>
>> 5) Do you deny I failed to replicate it or its functionality?
>>
>> 6) Did you ever say it would fail on macOS (I do not think you did!)
>>
>> 7) Do you deny you started your script a months before the challenge?
>>
>> 8) Do you deny you posted it publicly and got feedback?
>>
>> 9) Do you deny you spoke of the Mac community failing your task?
>
> Your questions are worded like multiple choice questions designed to trip up a
> student. As a teacher you either know better or are trying to trick him to
> contradicting himself.

OK, yes, poorly worded. And "bash" is spelled "bash" and not "bas"! Oops.

Here, these are better:

1) Do you admit my tasks were generally easy (and you stated so)?

2) Do you admit you worked on one (the animated bar graph)?

3) Do you admit you failed to offer a completed example of the task?

4) Do you admit you brought up your VPN bash script?

5) Do you admit I failed to replicate it or its functionality?

6) Did you ever say it would fail on macOS (I do not think you did!)

7) Do you admit you started your script a months before the challenge?

8) Do you admit you posted it publicly and got feedback?

9) Do you admit you claimed the Mac community failed your task?

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 4:07:37 AM
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:26:55 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

> On 2016-12-22, RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:08:15 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:
>>
>>> And what is this? I get that it is Maui, but is that KDE? Looks really
>>> flat if it is. Is this Plasma?
>>
>> Yep. KDE Plasma 5.8.6 (or 5.8.3?).
>
> you're using this one right now, correct? Is this rolling or what's it
> based on?

I'm currently using Linux Mint KDE 18, which is using is KDE Plasma
5.6.5.

Since I only used Maui from the thumb drive (which is how I'm running LM
18 KDE now) I don't know what would have rolled and what wouldn't
have ... Maui's website says ...

~~
Note to Maui 1 and Maui 2 users:

Due to Maui being a Part-Rolling distro on Xenial, updating to Maui 2.1
is not only not required nor technically correct anyway:

All versions of Maui share the same base (Xenial), so the Backports
channels is the common shared source where updated packages from Maui and
KDE Neon land after being tested for all Maui versions.

So if you installed from any Maui version so far and enable the Backports
Channels and Update, you should have the same updated system. It is just
that we release updated ISOs from time to time as a starting point, so
that new users don’t need to update too many packages right from the
start.

The only time you could perform a “real update” is when the base LTS
changes from current 16.04 Xenial to 18.04 in the future.
~~
https://mauilinux.org/maui-2-1-updated-iso/

So it looks like it's not a true rolling update distribution.

--
Testing Linux Mint KDE 18
0
On 2016-12-22, RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:26:55 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> Yep. KDE Plasma 5.8.6 (or 5.8.3?).
>>
>> you're using this one right now, correct? Is this rolling or what's it
>> based on?
>
> I'm currently using Linux Mint KDE 18, which is using is KDE Plasma
> 5.6.5.
>
> Since I only used Maui from the thumb drive (which is how I'm running LM
> 18 KDE now) I don't know what would have rolled and what wouldn't
> have ... Maui's website says ...
>
> ~~
> Note to Maui 1 and Maui 2 users:
>
> Due to Maui being a Part-Rolling distro on Xenial, updating to Maui 2.1
> is not only not required nor technically correct anyway:
>
> All versions of Maui share the same base (Xenial), so the Backports
> channels is the common shared source where updated packages from Maui and
> KDE Neon land after being tested for all Maui versions.
>
> So if you installed from any Maui version so far and enable the Backports
> Channels and Update, you should have the same updated system. It is just
> that we release updated ISOs from time to time as a starting point, so
> that new users don’t need to update too many packages right from the
> start.
>
> The only time you could perform a “real update” is when the base LTS
> changes from current 16.04 Xenial to 18.04 in the future.
> ~~
> https://mauilinux.org/maui-2-1-updated-iso/
>
> So it looks like it's not a true rolling update distribution.

Okay, I see what they're doing. I'm somewhat familiar with NEON and they
are using that. NEON is based on Ubuntu 16.04 but the KDE on Kubuntu is
typically a few months old. NEON uses Ubuntu base and adds the most up
to date KDE. But I think NEON is kind of sparse. Maui is based on NEON
with the added packages a user would want. So you get the latest and up
to date KDE plus modern packages.

Basically NEON feels like Kubuntu is too slow with KDE. And Maui thinks
NEON doesn't go far enough in the full feature department. It's amazing
how this works.

Debian > Ubuntu > NEON > Maui

I keep meaning to take a stab at creating RPMs from source.

So anyway, looks like a rolling until the next LTS comes out and then
they switch out the base provided by NEON.

What do you get on the command line for uname -r?? 4.4 or something?

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 6:49:33 AM
On 2016-12-22, RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:26:55 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> Yep. KDE Plasma 5.8.6 (or 5.8.3?).
>>
>> you're using this one right now, correct? Is this rolling or what's it
>> based on?
>
> I'm currently using Linux Mint KDE 18, which is using is KDE Plasma
> 5.6.5.
>
> Since I only used Maui from the thumb drive (which is how I'm running LM
> 18 KDE now) I don't know what would have rolled and what wouldn't
> have ... Maui's website says ...
>
> ~~
> Note to Maui 1 and Maui 2 users:
>
> Due to Maui being a Part-Rolling distro on Xenial, updating to Maui 2.1
> is not only not required nor technically correct anyway:
>
> All versions of Maui share the same base (Xenial), so the Backports
> channels is the common shared source where updated packages from Maui and
> KDE Neon land after being tested for all Maui versions.
>
> So if you installed from any Maui version so far and enable the Backports
> Channels and Update, you should have the same updated system. It is just
> that we release updated ISOs from time to time as a starting point, so
> that new users don’t need to update too many packages right from the
> start.
>
> The only time you could perform a “real update” is when the base LTS
> changes from current 16.04 Xenial to 18.04 in the future.
> ~~
> https://mauilinux.org/maui-2-1-updated-iso/
>
> So it looks like it's not a true rolling update distribution.

You should look into Krita. I contribute to their kickstarter to fund
its development. See if you on or past 3.0 on that app. It's a very nice
paint app.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 6:54:58 AM
On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 06:30:20 +0000, RonB wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:26:55 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> Yep. KDE Plasma 5.8.6 (or 5.8.3?).
>>
>> you're using this one right now, correct? Is this rolling or what's it
>> based on?
>
> I'm currently using Linux Mint KDE 18, which is using is KDE Plasma
> 5.6.5.
>
> Since I only used Maui from the thumb drive (which is how I'm running LM
> 18 KDE now) I don't know what would have rolled and what wouldn't have
> ... Maui's website says ...
>
> ~~
> Note to Maui 1 and Maui 2 users:
>
> Due to Maui being a Part-Rolling distro on Xenial, updating to Maui 2.1
> is not only not required nor technically correct anyway:
>
> All versions of Maui share the same base (Xenial), so the Backports
> channels is the common shared source where updated packages from Maui
> and KDE Neon land after being tested for all Maui versions.
>
> So if you installed from any Maui version so far and enable the
> Backports Channels and Update, you should have the same updated system.
> It is just that we release updated ISOs from time to time as a starting
> point, so that new users don’t need to update too many packages right
> from the start.
>
> The only time you could perform a “real update” is when the base LTS
> changes from current 16.04 Xenial to 18.04 in the future.
> ~~
> https://mauilinux.org/maui-2-1-updated-iso/
>
> So it looks like it's not a true rolling update distribution.

Then I find this ...

~~
What is Maui?

Maui will continue as the Ubuntu based version of the Netrunner desktop
line.

Maui as a new distro also marks the transition from Kubuntu to KDE Neon,
which itself is based exclusively on the LTS base, with the KDE software
parts receiving regular updates during the entire lifecycle (so called
“partially rolling”).

These parts are Plasma, Frameworks, KDE Applications and the Qt libraries.

This will allow Maui to frequently release updated ISOs shipping the
latest of KDE software on a stable Ubuntu LTS base.
~~
http://www.netrunner.com/netrunner-lts-becomes-maui/

So it looks like the KDE Desktop and components DO use rolling updates.

--
Testing Linux Mint KDE 18
0
<o3ftg3$3o1$1@dont-email.me>:

>On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 06:30:20 +0000, RonB wrote:

>>>you're using this one right now, correct? Is this rolling or what's it
>>>based on?
>>I'm currently using Linux Mint KDE 18, which is using is KDE Plasma
>>5.6.5. Since I only used Maui from the thumb drive (which is how I'm
>>running LM 18 KDE now) I don't know what would have rolled and what
>>wouldn't have ... Maui's website says ... ~~ Note to Maui 1 and Maui 2
>>users: Due to Maui being a Part-Rolling distro on Xenial, updating to
>>Maui 2.1 is not only not required nor technically correct anyway: All
>>versions of Maui share the same base (Xenial), so the Backports
>>channels is the common shared source where updated packages from Maui
>>and KDE Neon land after being tested for all Maui versions. So if you
>>installed from any Maui version so far and enable the Backports
>>Channels and Update, you should have the same updated system. It is
>>just that we release updated ISOs from time to time as a starting
>>point, so that new users don’t need to update too many packages right
>>from the start. The only time you could perform a “real update” is
>>when the base LTS changes from current 16.04 Xenial to 18.04 in the
>>future. ~~ https://mauilinux.org/maui-2-1-updated-iso/ So it looks like
>>it's not a true rolling update distribution.
>
>Then I find this ...
>
>~~ What is Maui?
>
>Maui will continue as the Ubuntu based version of the Netrunner desktop
>line.
>
>Maui as a new distro also marks the transition from Kubuntu to KDE Neon,
>which itself is based exclusively on the LTS base, with the KDE
>software parts receiving regular updates during the entire lifecycle
>(so called “partially rolling”).
>
>These parts are Plasma, Frameworks, KDE Applications and the Qt
>libraries.
>
>This will allow Maui to frequently release updated ISOs shipping the
>latest of KDE software on a stable Ubuntu LTS base. ~~
>http://www.netrunner.com/netrunner-lts-becomes-maui/
>
>So it looks like the KDE Desktop and components DO use rolling updates.

i've been using FVWM since 1995.  i still use it and i've tried all of the packaged bloatware in several distros.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FVWM

--
THIS SPACE FOR RENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

ga�ble
'gab?l/
noun
the part of a wall that encloses the end of a pitched roof.
a wall topped with a gable.
noun: gable end; plural noun: gable ends
a gable-shaped canopy over a window or door.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,1213138,00.html
Gable
Gabled roofs are the kind young children typically draw. They have two
sloping sides that come together at a ridge, creating end walls with a
*triangular extension*, called a gable, at the top. The house shown here
has two gable roofs and two dormers, each with gable roofs of their own.
The slant, or pitch, of the gables varies, an inconsistency that many
builders try to avoid.

LOL

-

Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Beaten by the queen of Pembroke each time
Have you heard about the lotusLoser
He's a loser, but he still keeps on tryin'

Oohoohooh oooh

Sit down, take a look at yourself
Don't you want to be somebody
Someday somebody's gonna see inside
You have to face up, you can't run and hide

Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Beaten by the queen of Pembroke each time
Have you heard about the lotusLoser
He's a loser, but he still keeps on tryin'

Unlucky in love, least that's what they say
He lost his head and he gabled his heart away
He still keeps posting though there's nothing left
Staked his heart and lost, now he has to pay the cost

Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Beaten by the queen of Pembroke each time
Have you heard about the lotusLoser
He's a loser, but he still keeps on cryin'

"Fag. LOL", he smiles and says
Though this RMS is driving him crazy
He don't show what goes on in his head
But if you watch very close you'll see it all

Sit down, take a look at yourself
Don't you want to be somebody
Someday somebody's gonna see inside
You have to face up, you can't run and hide

Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Beaten by the queen of Pembroke each time
Have you heard about the lotusLoser
He's a loser, but he still keeps on cryin'

Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Have you heard about the lotusLoser
Now tell me have you heard about the lotusLoser

-

LOL

well i guess if we went to:

http://mkweb.bcgsc.ca/color-summarizer/

and gave it the URL to the image THAT YOU POSTED IN POST:
<617072d3bd042b9634ebeb7c28503997@dizum.com>

<http://i.imgur.com/gchDiBs.png>

I took that on my way to eat lunch. I tried to make an index card with
backward writing so the SPANKY-SPANKY! reflection would show up with
frontward writing, but apparently I can't write backward legibly, so
you gets what you gets."

it would say "definitely not green", right???

http://i.imgur.com/1CkNIDC.png

D'OH!!!!

*SPNAKITY-SPNAKITY*

-

"People didn't cause the Great Depression, Liberal ko0kTarD. Governmental policy did." - Fakey in MID <7880b90ad2ecebe35ba01b4557597d80%40dizum.com>

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_the_Great_Depression
"The initial stock market crash triggered a "panic sell-off" that made the stock market go even lower."

so... so the "government" panicked, snickers?

funny that a bona-fide conservative horatio alger hero type would want the government stepping in to save the stock market.

"Current theories may be broadly classified into two main points of view and several heterodox points of view.

First, there are demand-driven theories, from Keynesian and institutional economists who argue that the depression was caused by a widespread loss of confidence that led to underconsumption. The demand-driven theories argue that the financial crisis following the 1929 crash led to a sudden and persistent reduction in consumption and investment spending.[1] Once panic and deflation set in, many people believed they could avoid further losses by keeping clear of the markets. Holding money therefore became profitable as prices dropped lower and a given amount of money bought ever more goods, exacerbating the drop in demand.

Second, there are the monetarists, who believe that the Great Depression started as an ordinary recession, but that significant policy mistakes by monetary authorities (especially the Federal Reserve), caused a shrinking of the money supply which greatly exacerbated the economic situation, causing a recession to descend into the Great Depression. Related to this explanation are those who point to debt deflation causing those who borrow to owe ever more in real terms."

wait?  what?  no major "third" konservative k0okTheory blaming the government for everything mentioned?

odd, that.  eh, lotusLoser?

-

the never-ending saga of fakey's "lotus"...
https://web.archive.org/web/20160408001051/http://i.imgur.com/e3OrQSq.png

-

"sines, sines, everywhere there's sines
blocking up the snickerTurds, breaking his mind"
http://i.imgur.com/Z4p1Z55.png

-

FNVWe attempts to rewrite physics texts in Message-ID: <3dcad3dd0a0d39727506717506883c26@dizum.com>

">>let's not forget that mine also had the correct applied mathematics
>> equations unlike fakey the supposed know-it-all:
>>
>> phase A: 120*sin(2*pi*60*x)
>> phase B: 120*sin(2*pi*60*x+pi)
>>
>> voltage difference between phase A and phase B at any point x in time:
>> 120*sin(2*pi*60*x) - 120*sin(2*pi*60*x+pi) = 240*sin(2*pi*60*x)

Wrong, as has already been proven. What does it say below, you fecking *moron*?

"The _sum_ E(θ) ≡ E(a) + E(b) can be written thusly:""

it says that you don't even know how to correctly apply mathematics to real-world AC electricity, snickerTurds.  it says that you're in denial about the inversion of your AC legs.

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/textbook/alternating-current/chpt-10/single-phase-power-systems/
http://sub.allaboutcircuits.com/images/02170.png
"To mathematically calculate voltage between �hot� wires, we must subtract voltages, because their polarity marks show them to be opposed to each other:"
http://sub.allaboutcircuits.com/images/12112.png

http://www.samlexamerica.com/support/documents/WhitePaper-120240VACSingleSplitPhaseandMultiWireBranchCircuits.pdf

on page 2:

** NOTE: The phase of Hot Leg 2 (Phase B) is in the
 opposite direction - i.e., 180� apart from the phase
 of Hot Leg L1 (Phase A)

*COUGH*
SPNAK!!

-

i know a guy on the internet who will draw a triangular sine wave in ASCII art if you ask nicely.</GROUCHO MARX>
see: Message-ID: <4ba4a50aaaebc7fb8a348293c5cf9f13@dizum.com>

-

snickerTurds can't seem to refute the following:

- begin snickerSinewaveStew.cpp --
/*
HOW TO RUN: download arbitrary precision libraries from:

http://www.hvks.com/Numerical/arbitrary_precision.html

place those files in a directory and save this file as snickerSinewaveStew.cpp inside that same directory.

compiles with:

gcc -Wall -I. precisioncore.cpp snickerSinewaveStew.cpp -lstdc++

run with:

./a.out

enjoy the LULZ ;)

*/
#include <fprecision.h>
#include <iostream.h>

using namespace std;

int main(){

  //float_precision MIN=float_precision(0);
  //float_precision MAX=float_precision(0);

  float_precision STEP=float_precision(.0001);
  float_precision t=float_precision(0);    // time variable
  float_precision sum=float_precision(0);  // sum of SnickerTurd's ridiculous sinewave mess
  float_precision snickerPrediction=float_precision(2550.25);  // snickerTurd's erroneous k0oK-k'lame Sum
  float_precision PI;
  PI =_float_table(_PI,25);

  // this while loop will run forever, but snickers doesn't understand why
  while(sum < snickerPrediction){

    // fakey's Sinewave Stew(TM) see: MID: <db672705e57e4932eba3632562e0a941@dizum.com>
    sum = (float_precision(150) * float_precision( sin(float_precision(120)*float_precision(2)*PI*t))) + (float_precision(20.25) * float_precision( sin(float_precision(33)*float_precision(2)*PI*t))) + (float_precision(1400)* float_precision( sin(float_precision(150)*float_precision(2)*PI*t))) +(float_precision(20)* float_precision(sin(float_precision(5013)*float_precision(2)*PI*t))) + (float_precision(600)*float_precision(sin(float_precision(13)*float_precision(2)*PI*t))) + (float_precision(360)*float_precision(sin(float_precision(1209)*float_precision(2)*PI*t)));

    // perhaps show a few values larger than +2300 to educate teh snickerTurds
    if(sum>float_precision(2300)){
      cout << "t=" << t << " sum=" << sum << std::endl;
    }
    t = t+STEP;
  }
/*

"Oh, yeah... it's 2550.25 volts... so why does your graph not even reach 2500 volts, given that eventually all the sinewaves will
constructively interfere (ie: *add* to each other) to *sum* to 2550.25 volts?"

Fakey, it doesn't reach 2500 volts because the summation of your sinewaves never reaches that.  They never reach their max values at the same time.  That's how stupid you are.

"I most certainly *did* prove otherwise. It can't even arrive at the correct sinewave summation voltage of 2550.25 volts"

Fakey, you only *proved* that you are too inept to graph the equations and notice a few things about the interactions of their frequencies when summed.

the next line of code is never executed, but snickers DEFINITELY can't figure out why it isn't and instead has a bunch of lame excuses while still having not produced a value for t where the sum=2550.25, as he has k0okily proklamed in many usenet messages that are archived FOREVER.

*/
  cout << "snickerTurds was right! the sum is " << sum << " at time t=" << t <<endl;
}
- end snickerSinewaveStew.cpp --

-

Fakey irrationally demands a theme song to foam to:
"all I really want your pathetic pwned ass to do is write me a classic rock song as tribute to your Usenet Lord and Master..." <f4f9193fa7d28b760a9de681e61427e7@dizum.com>

-

Somewhere Abouts Round Fri, 12 Feb 2016 17:25:03 -0500, Friendly Neighborhood Vote Wrangler Emeritus <FNVWe@altusenetkooks.xxx> wrote:

<snicker>

Fag. LOL
Idiot. LOL
Moron. LOL
Tranny. LOL
Libtard. LOL
Crackhead. LOL
GableTard. LOL
DildoRider. LOL
Bad Musician. LOL
Stick Figure. LOL
Terrible Liar. LOL
Sinewave Spammer. LOL
Outerfilthing Stalker. LOL
Talentless FrothMonkey. LOL
Math Challenged Halfwit. LOL
Klimate Katastrophe Kook. LOL
Defeated Tearful Spankard. LOL
Waster Of Time To Save $10. LOL
Worst Maker Of Sinewaves In The History Of Usenet. LOL

<the band strikes up a rousing version of "on top of old smokey">

on top of old snick-ers, all covered with Fag. LOL
is where my usenet lord and mas-ter
can go straight to hell*

*hell doesn't exist.  hope everybody is having a productive evening.

-

http://i.imgur.com/2tH6zVB.jpg

http://cafepress.com/kooktown

http://i.imgur.com/pnWqhSG.jpg

-

If my poasts are offensive to you, you can always block all From: headers containing "root@127.0.0.1", unless you are an idiot who would like to yammer about "morphing" and maybe try to lodge some frivolous complaints to my news provider, then please be sure to ignore this helpful information and have fun making an ass of yourself in public.  :)

if that route of silencing those horrid opinions of mine that you downloaded to your computer under duress doesn't work you can always try: http://i.imgur.com/jlsN9JX.png?2

-

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Gish_Gallop
The Gish Gallop is often used as an indirect argument from authority � as it appears to paint the galloper as an expert in a broad range of subjects or with an extensive knowledge of an individual one. Simultaneously it presents opponents (in spoken debates) or refuters (in written, Internet-based ones) as incompetent bumblers who didn't do their homework before the debate. Such emphasis on style over substance is the reason many scientists disdain public debates as a forum for disseminating opinions. - Page #1 from the Gospel of SnickerTurd

-

Coming soon!  To a newsgroup near you!:

$ perl fakeyBot.pl
FakeyBot>       I'm FakeyBot. What's your name so I can Google-stalk you, look you up on Radaris, and hurl invective and probably-illegal harrassing bile from behind an anonymous dizum account?  <snicker>
You>    Robert Michael Wolfe
FakeyBot>       Oh look, you're back again to polish my size 16 steel-toed boot with your colon and listen to me talk about bestiality and cocks, Robert. <snicker>
Robert> you talk about cocks a lot.
FakeyBot>       Oh, I talk about sex a lot?
Robert> gay sex, mostly...
FakeyBot>       Fag!

(just as useful as the original!)

-

snickers the wonderturd describes how he alerted lots of his kiddie pr0n friends to the ensuing FBI sting in message <b5e7da79a455d0c9227b1b50e25e7ea1@dizum.com>:
"That's easy enough to do... how do you think my crew uncovered the largest CP ring using Tor and I2P, which we promptly turned over to the FBI? I discovered a way to uncover the IP addresses the I2P users were using, and a way of tracking Eepsites back to their IP addresses, then we figured out that we could DDOS a Tor IP address and modify Tor headers while checking whether a Tor hidden service was still up, then using process of elimination to pinpoint the IP address hosting that hidden service. It's not rocket science.

_The I2P community got all up in arms when I discussed on their forum how I was doing it, and that it'd be a good way of cleaning up I2P so it can get on with being a platform to research anonymous communication... my distinct impression was that the "anonymity research platform" story was just a cover story to allow pervs to trade CP._  (NOTE: admits to participating in what he "suspected" was a kiddie pr0n network.)

That Silk Road 2.0 was taken offline in the ensuing FBI Operation Onymous was just icing on the cake."

-

Golden Killfile, June 2005
KOTM, November 2006
Busted Urinal Award, April 2007
Tinfoil Sombrero, February 2007
AUK Mascot, September 2007

Fakey
12/22/2016 7:01:50 AM
On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 00:49:33 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

> On 2016-12-22, RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> you're using this one right now, correct? Is this rolling or what's it
>>> based on?
>>
>> I'm currently using Linux Mint KDE 18, which is using is KDE Plasma
>> 5.6.5.
>>
>> Since I only used Maui from the thumb drive (which is how I'm running
>> LM 18 KDE now) I don't know what would have rolled and what wouldn't
>> have ... Maui's website says ...
>>
>> ~~
>> Note to Maui 1 and Maui 2 users:
>>
>> Due to Maui being a Part-Rolling distro on Xenial, updating to Maui 2.1
>> is not only not required nor technically correct anyway:
>>
>> All versions of Maui share the same base (Xenial), so the Backports
>> channels is the common shared source where updated packages from Maui
>> and KDE Neon land after being tested for all Maui versions.
>>
>> So if you installed from any Maui version so far and enable the
>> Backports Channels and Update, you should have the same updated system.
>> It is just that we release updated ISOs from time to time as a starting
>> point, so that new users don’t need to update too many packages right
>> from the start.
>>
>> The only time you could perform a “real update” is when the base LTS
>> changes from current 16.04 Xenial to 18.04 in the future.
>> ~~
>> https://mauilinux.org/maui-2-1-updated-iso/
>>
>> So it looks like it's not a true rolling update distribution.
>
> Okay, I see what they're doing. I'm somewhat familiar with NEON and they
> are using that. NEON is based on Ubuntu 16.04 but the KDE on Kubuntu is
> typically a few months old. NEON uses Ubuntu base and adds the most up
> to date KDE. But I think NEON is kind of sparse. Maui is based on NEON
> with the added packages a user would want. So you get the latest and up
> to date KDE plus modern packages.
>
> Basically NEON feels like Kubuntu is too slow with KDE. And Maui thinks
> NEON doesn't go far enough in the full feature department. It's amazing
> how this works.
>
> Debian > Ubuntu > NEON > Maui
>
> I keep meaning to take a stab at creating RPMs from source.
>
> So anyway, looks like a rolling until the next LTS comes out and then
> they switch out the base provided by NEON.
>
> What do you get on the command line for uname -r?? 4.4 or something?

Well, in Mint KDE 18, it's 4.4.0-21-generic, but I would have to reboot
Maui to find which kernel it uses.

I find it interesting that the KDE is making their own distribution, but
it looks like it's more geared toward developers -- which I guess
explains how Maui fits in.

Looks like Kubuntu, Maui, Netrunner and even Linux Mint KDE are (or were)
all heavily dependent on Blue Systems.

~~
Blue Systems became first known as creator of Ubuntu/Kubuntu-based Linux
distribution Netrunner whose first release was in March 2010.[9]

In February 2012, Clement Lefebvre of Ubuntu/Kubuntu-based Linux Mint
announced that Blue Systems would become a sponsor to help Mint's KDE
edition.[10][11]

After Canonical Ltd. stepped down as the main sponsor of Kubuntu in
February 2012,[12] Blue Systems stepped into that role in April 2012.[13]

In 2012, Blue Systems gained more attention by hiring at least nine KDE
developers.[14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22] Among the hired KDE
developers are former Canonical employees Jonathan Riddell and Aurélien
Gâteau, who joined in April 2012,[22] as well as long-time KWin developer
Martin Grässlin who announced in October 2012 to switch to Blue Systems
to work full-time on KWin beginning January 2013.[23]
~~
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Systems

A whole new world.

--
Testing Linux Mint KDE 18
0
On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 00:54:58 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

> You should look into Krita. I contribute to their kickstarter to fund
> its development. See if you on or past 3.0 on that app. It's a very nice
> paint app.

I'll have to pass this information on to my kids. Somehow they developed
some artistic talent -- they sure didn't get it from me.

--
Testing Linux Mint KDE 18
0

   http://www.davidrevoy.com/categorie5/tutorials

--
You'll wish that you had done some of the hard things when they were easier
to do.
On Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 3:02:17 AM UTC, Silver Slimer wrote:
> On 2016-12-21 9:56 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:

> >> Yep.
> >> BTW I owe you an apology.
> >> I apologize for the graphic I posted in that Maui screenshot.
> >> I think our little debate just got out of hand.
> >> Apologies from me to you....
> >
> > I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
> > you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>
> Hurray for all of us getting along! Now if only someone could take that
> barbed-wired baseball bat out of chrisv's ass so that we could all get
> along with him/her/zir.

Ask Negan nicely and maybe he'll pull Lucille out slowly with minimal fuss and take a few swings at Snit instead.  She's probably thirsty by now.
0
Incubus
12/22/2016 11:58:01 AM
On 2016-12-21 10:10 PM, Marek Novotny wrote:
> On 2016-12-22, Silver Slimer <> wrote:

>>> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>>> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>>
>> Hurray for all of us getting along! Now if only someone could take that
>> barbed-wired baseball bat out of chrisv's ass so that we could all get
>> along with him/her/zir.
>
> We should all get on skype one of these days and you can can ask
> anything and insult all you like.

I don't want to use Skype. I had accounts on there on a regular basis
but deleted them all since. It has a lot to do with the fact that the
interface sucks, the ads are annoying and the service has no encryption
whatsoever to protect us. I would rather use _anything_ than Skype.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7
Gab.ai: @silverslimer

Proud bigot.
0
Silver
12/22/2016 1:05:11 PM
Marek Novotny wrote:

> mentally-ill troll wrote:
>>
>> Yep.
>> BTW I owe you an apology.
>> I apologize for the graphic I posted in that Maui screenshot.
>> I think our little debate just got out of hand.
>> Apologies from me to you....
>
>I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.

This is Flathead's MO.  Intersperse sane postings with shitty,
dishonest attacks.  He'll stab you in the back again.  I guarantee it.

Check-out Flathead's shitty pal "DFS" claiming that people can be
bribed by giving them Free software.  A shamless jackasshole, he is,
but  Flathead likes him.

--
"Linux users accept free suckware and in return give it bogus good
reviews way out of line with the kualitee of the junk."  -  DumFSck
On 2016-12-22 1:54 AM, Marek Novotny wrote:
> On 2016-12-22, RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> you're using this one right now, correct? Is this rolling or what's it
>>> based on?
>>
>> I'm currently using Linux Mint KDE 18, which is using is KDE Plasma
>> 5.6.5.
>>
>> Since I only used Maui from the thumb drive (which is how I'm running LM
>> 18 KDE now) I don't know what would have rolled and what wouldn't
>> have ... Maui's website says ...
>>
>> ~~
>> Note to Maui 1 and Maui 2 users:
>>
>> Due to Maui being a Part-Rolling distro on Xenial, updating to Maui 2.1
>> is not only not required nor technically correct anyway:
>>
>> All versions of Maui share the same base (Xenial), so the Backports
>> channels is the common shared source where updated packages from Maui and
>> KDE Neon land after being tested for all Maui versions.
>>
>> So if you installed from any Maui version so far and enable the Backports
>> Channels and Update, you should have the same updated system. It is just
>> that we release updated ISOs from time to time as a starting point, so
>> that new users don’t need to update too many packages right from the
>> start.
>>
>> The only time you could perform a “real update” is when the base LTS
>> changes from current 16.04 Xenial to 18.04 in the future.
>> ~~
>> https://mauilinux.org/maui-2-1-updated-iso/
>>
>> So it looks like it's not a true rolling update distribution.
>
> You should look into Krita. I contribute to their kickstarter to fund
> its development. See if you on or past 3.0 on that app. It's a very nice
> paint app.

How does it compare to GIMP nowadays? GIMP is still the go-to
application as far as I know but its development seems to have stagnated
while Krita's has exploded. The only reason I have so little knowledge
of Krita is because it is mostly a KDE application and I don't like to
venture into that camp.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7
Gab.ai: @silverslimer

Proud bigot.
0
Silver
12/22/2016 1:14:34 PM
On 2016-12-22 6:58 AM, Incubus wrote:
> On Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 3:02:17 AM UTC, Silver Slimer wrote:

>>> I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>>> you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>>
>> Hurray for all of us getting along! Now if only someone could take that
>> barbed-wired baseball bat out of chrisv's ass so that we could all get
>> along with him/her/zir.
>
> Ask Negan nicely and maybe he'll pull Lucille out slowly with minimal fuss and take a few swings at Snit instead.  She's probably thirsty by now.

I know nothing of the Walking Dead comic, but the choice of Jeffrey Dean
Morgan to play Negan was pure genius. That guy _made_ Watchmen for me as
The Comedian so I'm happy to see the guy again, on a regular basis, on TV.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7
Gab.ai: @silverslimer

Proud bigot.
0
Silver
12/22/2016 1:23:50 PM
On 22/12/2016 13:08 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, chrisv posted:

> Marek Novotny wrote:
>
>> mentally-ill troll wrote:
>>>
>>> Yep.
>>> BTW I owe you an apology.
>>> I apologize for the graphic I posted in that Maui screenshot.
>>> I think our little debate just got out of hand.
>>> Apologies from me to you....
>>
>>I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>>you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>
> This is Flathead's MO.  Intersperse sane postings with shitty,
> dishonest attacks.  He'll stab you in the back again.  I guarantee it.

+1
Yup. Seen the same routine, time after time.
Then will come teh crossposting into unrelated groups.....

--
Now, let's get out there & do it to them before they do it to us!
Sergeant Jablonski - Hill Street Blues

0
William
12/22/2016 1:59:43 PM
On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 07:08:39 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 00:49:33 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> I'm currently using Linux Mint KDE 18, which is using is KDE Plasma
>>> 5.6.5.
>>>
>>> Since I only used Maui from the thumb drive (which is how I'm running
>>> LM 18 KDE now) I don't know what would have rolled and what wouldn't
>>> have ... Maui's website says ...
>>>
>>> ~~
>>> Note to Maui 1 and Maui 2 users:
>>>
>>> Due to Maui being a Part-Rolling distro on Xenial, updating to Maui 2.1
>>> is not only not required nor technically correct anyway:
>>>
>>> All versions of Maui share the same base (Xenial), so the Backports
>>> channels is the common shared source where updated packages from Maui
>>> and KDE Neon land after being tested for all Maui versions.
>>>
>>> So if you installed from any Maui version so far and enable the
>>> Backports Channels and Update, you should have the same updated system.
>>> It is just that we release updated ISOs from time to time as a starting
>>> point, so that new users don�t need to update too many packages right
>>> from the start.
>>>
>>> The only time you could perform a �real update� is when the base LTS
>>> changes from current 16.04 Xenial to 18.04 in the future.
>>> ~~
>>> https://mauilinux.org/maui-2-1-updated-iso/
>>>
>>> So it looks like it's not a true rolling update distribution.
>>
>> Okay, I see what they're doing. I'm somewhat familiar with NEON and they
>> are using that. NEON is based on Ubuntu 16.04 but the KDE on Kubuntu is
>> typically a few months old. NEON uses Ubuntu base and adds the most up
>> to date KDE. But I think NEON is kind of sparse. Maui is based on NEON
>> with the added packages a user would want. So you get the latest and up
>> to date KDE plus modern packages.
>>
>> Basically NEON feels like Kubuntu is too slow with KDE. And Maui thinks
>> NEON doesn't go far enough in the full feature department. It's amazing
>> how this works.
>>
>> Debian > Ubuntu > NEON > Maui
>>
>> I keep meaning to take a stab at creating RPMs from source.
>>
>> So anyway, looks like a rolling until the next LTS comes out and then
>> they switch out the base provided by NEON.
>>
>> What do you get on the command line for uname -r?? 4.4 or something?
>
> Well, in Mint KDE 18, it's 4.4.0-21-generic, but I would have to reboot
> Maui to find which kernel it uses.

On my Maui system it is 4.4.0-53-generic

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 08:14:34 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:

> On 2016-12-22 1:54 AM, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> I'm currently using Linux Mint KDE 18, which is using is KDE Plasma
>>> 5.6.5.
>>>
>>> Since I only used Maui from the thumb drive (which is how I'm running LM
>>> 18 KDE now) I don't know what would have rolled and what wouldn't
>>> have ... Maui's website says ...
>>>
>>> ~~
>>> Note to Maui 1 and Maui 2 users:
>>>
>>> Due to Maui being a Part-Rolling distro on Xenial, updating to Maui 2.1
>>> is not only not required nor technically correct anyway:
>>>
>>> All versions of Maui share the same base (Xenial), so the Backports
>>> channels is the common shared source where updated packages from Maui and
>>> KDE Neon land after being tested for all Maui versions.
>>>
>>> So if you installed from any Maui version so far and enable the Backports
>>> Channels and Update, you should have the same updated system. It is just
>>> that we release updated ISOs from time to time as a starting point, so
>>> that new users don�t need to update too many packages right from the
>>> start.
>>>
>>> The only time you could perform a �real update� is when the base LTS
>>> changes from current 16.04 Xenial to 18.04 in the future.
>>> ~~
>>> https://mauilinux.org/maui-2-1-updated-iso/
>>>
>>> So it looks like it's not a true rolling update distribution.
>>
>> You should look into Krita. I contribute to their kickstarter to fund
>> its development. See if you on or past 3.0 on that app. It's a very nice
>> paint app.
>
> How does it compare to GIMP nowadays? GIMP is still the go-to
> application as far as I know but its development seems to have stagnated
> while Krita's has exploded. The only reason I have so little knowledge
> of Krita is because it is mostly a KDE application and I don't like to
> venture into that camp.

Krita's interface is much more user friendly for someone like me who
has no clue how to draw, edit etc.
Gimp is overwhelming.
So is Photoshop for that matter.
The krita handbook is well written and a good tutorial.

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
On 2016-12-22, flatfish+++ <flatfish@linuxmail.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 07:08:39 -0000 (UTC), RonB wrote:

>>> Okay, I see what they're doing. I'm somewhat familiar with NEON and they
>>> are using that. NEON is based on Ubuntu 16.04 but the KDE on Kubuntu is
>>> typically a few months old. NEON uses Ubuntu base and adds the most up
>>> to date KDE. But I think NEON is kind of sparse. Maui is based on NEON
>>> with the added packages a user would want. So you get the latest and up
>>> to date KDE plus modern packages.
>>>
>>> Basically NEON feels like Kubuntu is too slow with KDE. And Maui thinks
>>> NEON doesn't go far enough in the full feature department. It's amazing
>>> how this works.
>>>
>>> Debian > Ubuntu > NEON > Maui
>>>
>>> I keep meaning to take a stab at creating RPMs from source.
>>>
>>> So anyway, looks like a rolling until the next LTS comes out and then
>>> they switch out the base provided by NEON.
>>>
>>> What do you get on the command line for uname -r?? 4.4 or something?
>>
>> Well, in Mint KDE 18, it's 4.4.0-21-generic, but I would have to reboot
>> Maui to find which kernel it uses.
>
> On my Maui system it is 4.4.0-53-generic

Okay, sounds like they stick with whatever Ubuntu 16.04 is using.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 4:22:50 PM
On 2016-12-22, Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us> wrote:
> Marek Novotny wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> I'm currently using Linux Mint KDE 18, which is using is KDE Plasma
>>> 5.6.5.
>>>
>>> Since I only used Maui from the thumb drive (which is how I'm running LM
>>> 18 KDE now) I don't know what would have rolled and what wouldn't
>>> have ... Maui's website says ...
>>>
>>> ~~
>>> Note to Maui 1 and Maui 2 users:
>>>
>>> Due to Maui being a Part-Rolling distro on Xenial, updating to Maui 2.1
>>> is not only not required nor technically correct anyway:
>>>
>>> All versions of Maui share the same base (Xenial), so the Backports
>>> channels is the common shared source where updated packages from Maui and
>>> KDE Neon land after being tested for all Maui versions.
>>>
>>> So if you installed from any Maui version so far and enable the Backports
>>> Channels and Update, you should have the same updated system. It is just
>>> that we release updated ISOs from time to time as a starting point, so
>>> that new users don’t need to update too many packages right from the
>>> start.
>>>
>>> The only time you could perform a “real update” is when the base LTS
>>> changes from current 16.04 Xenial to 18.04 in the future.
>>> ~~
>>> https://mauilinux.org/maui-2-1-updated-iso/
>>>
>>> So it looks like it's not a true rolling update distribution.
>>
>> You should look into Krita. I contribute to their kickstarter to fund
>> its development. See if you on or past 3.0 on that app. It's a very nice
>> paint app.
>
>    http://www.davidrevoy.com/categorie5/tutorials

Very nice. You can see Krita 3 in action.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 4:26:04 PM
On 2016-12-22, William Poaster <wp@dev.null> wrote:
> On 22/12/2016 13:08 in comp.os.linux.advocacy, chrisv posted:
>
>> Marek Novotny wrote:

>>>I never did see it. I was being honest there. So now I am curious, would
>>>you post it again? Don't worry about the content of it. I can take a punch.
>>
>> This is Flathead's MO.  Intersperse sane postings with shitty,
>> dishonest attacks.  He'll stab you in the back again.  I guarantee it.
>
> +1
> Yup. Seen the same routine, time after time.
> Then will come teh crossposting into unrelated groups.....
>
>> Check-out Flathead's shitty pal "DFS" claiming that people can be
>> bribed by giving them Free software.  A shamless jackasshole, he is,
>> but  Flathead likes him.

No worries. :)

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 4:28:14 PM
On 2016-12-22, Silver Slimer <> wrote:
> On 2016-12-22 1:54 AM, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> I'm currently using Linux Mint KDE 18, which is using is KDE Plasma
>>> 5.6.5.
>>>
>>> Since I only used Maui from the thumb drive (which is how I'm running LM
>>> 18 KDE now) I don't know what would have rolled and what wouldn't
>>> have ... Maui's website says ...
>>>
>>> ~~
>>> Note to Maui 1 and Maui 2 users:
>>>
>>> Due to Maui being a Part-Rolling distro on Xenial, updating to Maui 2.1
>>> is not only not required nor technically correct anyway:
>>>
>>> All versions of Maui share the same base (Xenial), so the Backports
>>> channels is the common shared source where updated packages from Maui and
>>> KDE Neon land after being tested for all Maui versions.
>>>
>>> So if you installed from any Maui version so far and enable the Backports
>>> Channels and Update, you should have the same updated system. It is just
>>> that we release updated ISOs from time to time as a starting point, so
>>> that new users don’t need to update too many packages right from the
>>> start.
>>>
>>> The only time you could perform a “real update” is when the base LTS
>>> changes from current 16.04 Xenial to 18.04 in the future.
>>> ~~
>>> https://mauilinux.org/maui-2-1-updated-iso/
>>>
>>> So it looks like it's not a true rolling update distribution.
>>
>> You should look into Krita. I contribute to their kickstarter to fund
>> its development. See if you on or past 3.0 on that app. It's a very nice
>> paint app.
>
> How does it compare to GIMP nowadays? GIMP is still the go-to
> application as far as I know but its development seems to have stagnated
> while Krita's has exploded. The only reason I have so little knowledge
> of Krita is because it is mostly a KDE application and I don't like to
> venture into that camp.

It's a pro level paint app. Just YouTube it and watch it in action.

--
Marek Novotny
https://github.com/marek-novotny

0
Marek
12/22/2016 4:34:34 PM
On 2016-12-22 10:28 AM, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 08:14:34 -0500, Silver Slimer wrote:

>>> You should look into Krita. I contribute to their kickstarter to fund
>>> its development. See if you on or past 3.0 on that app. It's a very nice
>>> paint app.
>>
>> How does it compare to GIMP nowadays? GIMP is still the go-to
>> application as far as I know but its development seems to have stagnated
>> while Krita's has exploded. The only reason I have so little knowledge
>> of Krita is because it is mostly a KDE application and I don't like to
>> venture into that camp.
>
> Krita's interface is much more user friendly for someone like me who
> has no clue how to draw, edit etc.
> Gimp is overwhelming.
> So is Photoshop for that matter.
> The krita handbook is well written and a good tutorial.

I don't draw as much as I used to (despite having a natural talent) but
I guess if ever I decide to go back into it, I'll have to look at Krita.
I just don't like using QT apps in my choice of Gnome.

--
Silver Slimer
Fingerprint: e58428b2633833a3b0c9bb7e40819166642245b7
Gab.ai: @silverslimer

Proud bigot.
0
Silver
12/22/2016 5:05:02 PM
On 12/22/16, 9:34 AM, in article
n9qdndeyaKEHncHFnZ2dnUU7-YXNnZ2d@giganews.com, "Marek Novotny"

>>> You should look into Krita. I contribute to their kickstarter to fund
>>> its development. See if you on or past 3.0 on that app. It's a very nice
>>> paint app.
>>
>> How does it compare to GIMP nowadays? GIMP is still the go-to
>> application as far as I know but its development seems to have stagnated
>> while Krita's has exploded. The only reason I have so little knowledge
>> of Krita is because it is mostly a KDE application and I don't like to
>> venture into that camp.
>
> It's a pro level paint app. Just YouTube it and watch it in action.

GIMP is amazing as a free app. It handles layers reasonably well and has a
pretty large toolset. They have worked on the UI over the last few years to
make that better. Good to see.

It is not, as some say, a replacement for Photoshop... not even close... but
it is no-cost and works well for many purposes.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 7:20:04 PM
On 12/21/16 20:14, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2016 21:10:11 -0600, Marek Novotny wrote:

>>> Hurray for all of us getting along! Now if only someone could take that
>>> barbed-wired baseball bat out of chrisv's ass so that we could all get
>>> along with him/her/zir.
>>
>> We should all get on skype one of these days and you can can ask
>> anything and insult all you like.
>
> I suspect some of us have more in common than we realize but it gets
> buried due to walls being set up and everyone trying to out do the
> other person.

Looks good to me as well.

0
GreyCloud
12/22/2016 7:24:06 PM
On 12/22/16, 12:24 PM, in article o3h964$nqj$13@dont-email.me, "GreyCloud"
<mist@cumulus.com> wrote:

> On 12/21/16 20:14, flatfish+++ wrote:

>>> We should all get on skype one of these days and you can can ask
>>> anything and insult all you like.
>>
>> I suspect some of us have more in common than we realize but it gets
>> buried due to walls being set up and everyone trying to out do the
>> other person.
>>
> Looks good to me as well.

I do not get the ego-based I-am-better-than-you nonsense we see so often.
Well, I do... it comes from a place of insecurity. I wish people would just
drop that nonsense and treat each other better... then they could EARN
actually feeling better about themselves.

--
"When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The
foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them
as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God." --
Leviticus 19:33-34

0
Snit
12/22/2016 7:43:13 PM
On Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 1:23:52 PM UTC, Silver Slimer wrote:
> On 2016-12-22 6:58 AM, Incubus wrote:

> >> Hurray for all of us getting along! Now if only someone could take that
> >> barbed-wired baseball bat out of chrisv's ass so that we could all get
> >> along with him/her/zir.
> >
> > Ask Negan nicely and maybe he'll pull Lucille out slowly with minimal fuss and take a few swings at Snit instead.  She's probably thirsty by now.
>
> I know nothing of the Walking Dead comic, but the choice of Jeffrey Dean
> Morgan to play Negan was pure genius. That guy _made_ Watchmen for me as
> The Comedian so I'm happy to see the guy again, on a regular basis, on TV.

His acting on TWD is pure class.  I didn't really know anything of him as an actor beforehand.

Would you recommend Watchmen?
0
Incubus
12/23/2016 10:13:31 AM
Marek Novotny wrote:

>You should look into Krita. I contribute to their kickstarter to fund
>its development. See if you on or past 3.0 on that app. It's a very nice
>paint app.

Where is "DFS" to attack the developers because they solicit for
donations?

What filthy fsck thinks there's anything wrong with developing Fee
software, and asking for donations?  "DFS"

What filthy fsck attacks decent people for no reason at all?  "DFS"

"Flatfish" likes him, though.

--
"If it's *Free* crapware, why do they almost always solicit for
donations?"  -  Dumfsck
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 09:41:28 -0600, chrisv wrote:

> Marek Novotny wrote:
>
>>You should look into Krita. I contribute to their kickstarter to fund
>>its development. See if you on or past 3.0 on that app. It's a very nice
>>paint app.
>
> Where is "DFS" to attack the developers because they solicit for
> donations?
>
> What filthy fsck thinks there's anything wrong with developing Fee
> software, and asking for donations?  "DFS"
>
> What filthy fsck attacks decent people for no reason at all?  "DFS"
>
> "Flatfish" likes him, though.

In the past I've donated to Slackware, I'm a registered owner of
Harrison Mixbus 32C which is based on Ardour.

And you?

--
flatfish+++
mariana trench
On 12/23/16 08:46, flatfish+++ wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 09:41:28 -0600, chrisv wrote:
>
>> Marek Novotny wrote:
>>
>>> You should look into Krita. I contribute to their kickstarter to fund
>>> its development. See if you on or past 3.0 on that app. It's a very nice
>>> paint app.
>>
>> Where is "DFS" to attack the developers because they solicit for
>> donations?
>>
>> What filthy fsck thinks there's anything wrong with developing Fee
>> software, and asking for donations?  "DFS"
>>
>> What filthy fsck attacks decent people for no reason at all?  "DFS"
>>
>> "Flatfish" likes him, though.
>
> In the past I've donated to Slackware, I'm a registered owner of
> Harrison Mixbus 32C which is based on Ardour.
>
> And you?

She doesn't invest in anything or done anything.  Just spends other
peoples money.

0
GreyCloud