Anyone using Canon i-series printers?

I think I already know the answer, but thought I'd ask just in case I
missed something simple....

Anyone successfully using any of the Canon i-series of printers with
linux?  More specifically, is anyone using a Canon i860 printer?

It appears that Canon's typically aren't well supported for linux.
But after few searches, it doesn't look like anyone has even tried any
of the i-series printers.  Are they perhaps known under a different
name?  BJC, LBP, etc?

Thanks for any help.

-Michael
0
reply2 (1)
12/2/2003 1:39:55 AM
comp.os.linux.hardware 9621 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I'm using Red Hat 9.0 and I chose the BJC-7004 Photo.  It works well
with Open Office and jEdit.  Gimp images won't print so far - I'm
going to keep experimenting.

reply2@phantom.homelinux.net (Michael Knight) wrote in message news:<90e332cb.0312011739.ade7ba6@posting.google.com>...
> I think I already know the answer, but thought I'd ask just in case I
> missed something simple....
>
> Anyone successfully using any of the Canon i-series of printers with
> linux?  More specifically, is anyone using a Canon i860 printer?
>
> It appears that Canon's typically aren't well supported for linux.
> But after few searches, it doesn't look like anyone has even tried any
> of the i-series printers.  Are they perhaps known under a different
> name?  BJC, LBP, etc?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> -Michael
reply2@phantom.homelinux.net (Michael Knight) wrote in message news:<90e332cb.0312011739.ade7ba6@posting.google.com>...
> I think I already know the answer, but thought I'd ask just in case I
> missed something simple....
>
> Anyone successfully using any of the Canon i-series of printers with
> linux?  More specifically, is anyone using a Canon i860 printer?
>
> It appears that Canon's typically aren't well supported for linux.
> But after few searches, it doesn't look like anyone has even tried any
> of the i-series printers.  Are they perhaps known under a different
> name?  BJC, LBP, etc?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> -Michael

I have the i950 and it works fine.  As usual howeverr all that free
software only works in windows.
Brian
0
brian5499 (3)