For RMAIL in EMACS how do you setup a probationary file of the spam messages when your system has spamassassin headers?...

For RMAIL in EMACS how do you setup a probationary file for the spam
messages when your system has spamassassin headers?...

0
Don
12/2/2007 2:10:26 AM
comp.os.linux.setup 9104 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Dec 2, 2:10 am, Don Saklad <dsak...@nestle.csail.mit.edu> wrote:
> For RMAIL in EMACS how do you setup a probationary file for the spam
> messages when your system has spamassassin headers?...

You don't. You throw RMAIL the hell out, because it's not suitable for
modern mail clients for a whole stack of reasons, and switch to the
Emacs "gnus" utilities with the keys remapped to the old RMAIL
settings if you insist.

Then you switch to a mail client that was written in this millennium
and can speak IMAP, and run procmail on the server side or preprocess
them locally into Maildir based folders.
0
Nico
12/4/2007 8:24:01 PM
I'm trying to setup gnus. What free server is there?

          You don't. You throw RMAIL the hell out, because it's not
          suitable for modern mail clients for a whole stack of
          reasons, and switch to the Emacs "gnus" utilities with the
          keys remapped to the old RMAIL settings if you insist.

          Then you switch to a mail client that was written in this
          millennium and can speak IMAP, and run procmail on the
          server side or preprocess them locally into Maildir based
          folders.

For RMAIL in EMACS how do you setup a probationary file for the spam
messages when your system has spamassassin headers?...
0
Don
12/5/2007 5:28:06 AM
On 5 Dec, 05:28, Don Saklad <dsak...@nestle.csail.mit.edu> wrote:
> I'm trying to setup gnus. What free server is there?
>
>           You don't. You throw RMAIL the hell out, because it's not
>           suitable for modern mail clients for a whole stack of
>           reasons, and switch to the Emacs "gnus" utilities with the
>           keys remapped to the old RMAIL settings if you insist.
>
>           Then you switch to a mail client that was written in this
>           millennium and can speak IMAP, and run procmail on the
>           server side or preprocess them locally into Maildir based
>           folders.
>
> For RMAIL in EMACS how do you setup a probationary file for the spam
> messages when your system has spamassassin headers?...

Whoa, whoa. I didn't say use gnus for NNTP, I meant use it for IMAP.
For a free IMAP server, there's gmail, which now supports IMAP.
Migrating your RMAIL file to gmail is.... going to take a bit of
cleverness. It's doable by passing the RMAIL mailbox into a POP
server, and doing an online transfer from the POP to the IMAP server
as desired.
0
Nico
12/5/2007 11:22:47 PM
Anything else that doesn't require knowing all about what are
represented by those acronyms?

Regrettably someone with greater expertise would be needed to figure
this stuff...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
For RMAIL in EMACS how do you setup a probationary file for the spam
messages when your system has spamassassin headers?...

          | You don't. You throw RMAIL the hell out, because it's not
          | suitable for modern mail clients for a whole stack of
          | reasons, and switch to the Emacs "gnus" utilities with the
          | keys remapped to the old RMAIL settings if you insist.
          |
          | Then you switch to a mail client that was written in this
          | millennium and can speak IMAP, and run procmail on the
          | server side or preprocess them locally into Maildir based
          | folders.

I'm trying to setup gnus. What free server is there?

          | Whoa, whoa. I didn't say use gnus for NNTP, I meant use it
          | for IMAP.  For a free IMAP server, there's gmail, which
          | now supports IMAP.  Migrating your RMAIL file to gmail
          | is.... going to take a bit of cleverness. It's doable by
          | passing the RMAIL mailbox into a POP server, and doing an
          | online transfer from the POP to the IMAP server as
          | desired.
0
Don