make xconfig documentation ?

Hello,

I'm learning Linux and I have tried to recompile the kernel of a Fedora
distribution. I have used "make xconfig". Although I could get a lot of
information by pressing the help buttons, I wish I had a detailed, printed
documentation of each of the options that one can chose.

Are there some documents which describe all these options ?

Thanks by advance,
Vincent

0
Vincent
4/29/2004 7:38:12 PM
comp.os.linux.setup 9104 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:38:12 +0200, Vincent Schmid wrote:

> I'm learning Linux and I have tried to recompile the kernel of a Fedora
> distribution. I have used "make xconfig". Although I could get a lot of
> information by pressing the help buttons, I wish I had a detailed, printed
> documentation of each of the options that one can chose.

> Are there some documents which describe all these options ?

Yes!

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help

:-)
--
Now with more Penguin
Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg

I have played a bit with too much with the kernel compilation ! Now the
machine does not boot anymore. As soon as I have reinstalled the whole
system I will have a look at this file.

Sincerely,
Vincent

"Ron Gibson" <rsgibson@verizon.net> a �crit dans le message de
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:38:12 +0200, Vincent Schmid wrote:
>
> > I'm learning Linux and I have tried to recompile the kernel of a Fedora
> > distribution. I have used "make xconfig". Although I could get a lot of
> > information by pressing the help buttons, I wish I had a detailed,
printed
> > documentation of each of the options that one can chose.
>
> > Are there some documents which describe all these options ?
>
> Yes!
>
> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Configure.help
>
> :-)
> --
> Now with more Penguin
> Email - rsgibson@verizon.borg