Compile c/c++ code on a pocket pc?

Hi, my name is Sean and I was wondering if it's possible to compile
c/c++ code on a pocket pc running windows ce.  Is it possible?

comp.os.ms-windows.ce 959 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 25 Apr 2005 07:56:34 -0700, "twoeyedhuman1111"
<twoeyedhuman1111@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi, my name is Sean and I was wondering if it's possible to compile
>c/c++ code on a pocket pc running windows ce.  Is it possible?

The closest I know about is PocketC:
http://www.orbworks.com/wince/index.html
I've never tried it, so I can't say more.

The only other C/C++ compilers I know about require cross-compilation
(develop and build on desktop, run on handheld). I _think_ gnu has
some support. Microsoft provides eVC, which is available free (_large_
download); I don't know the web location offhand, but your can
probably find it by going to www.microsoft.com and searching for evc
(search box in top right corner).

For some other possibilities, see:
http://www.cewindows.net/developer/languages.htm

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
Boston, MA 02118
www.penfact.com
0
r_z_aret (241)
4/26/2005 8:13:29 PM
"twoeyedhuman1111" <twoeyedhuman1111@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, my name is Sean and I was wondering if it's possible to compile
> c/c++ code on a pocket pc running windows ce.  Is it possible?

there is a port of gcc called pgcc that runs on the pocket pc (I use it).

I think the URL is.
http://mamaich.kasone.com/fr_pocket.htm

There is also another port I think at:
http://mifki.ru