Windows XP vs. Windows 2000

I use XP and I like one thing very much: fast user switching. Is there a way
to somehow install it and have this service on Windows 2000 Pro?

tf

0
Tomasz
8/7/2003 8:43:08 AM
comp.os.ms-windows.misc 2965 articles. 1 followers. vnagrik (21) is leader. Post Follow

Greetings --

    No.

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
having both at once. -- RAH

"Tomasz Frelik" <tomasz.frelik@enzo.pl> wrote in message
> I use XP and I like one thing very much: fast user switching. Is
there a way
> to somehow install it and have this service on Windows 2000 Pro?
>
> tf

0
Bruce
8/8/2003 1:29:37 PM
Well, it seems that such third-party tool exists:

NetExec by www.losoft.de

Thanks to Michal Kawecki on alt.pl.comp.os.windowsxp.

tf

0
Tomasz
8/12/2003 1:20:58 PM
What you need to remember is the MS official Statement (I was told by an
MCT)

Windows2000 was unfinished, and was rushed out by MS, because they ran out
of time to release the OS to Manufacturers, who needed to write device
drivers.

Windows XP is Officially the Finished Version of Windows 2000 Pro.

Blah - Blah - Blah.

Somehow, it does'nt supprise me!

"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@nospam.cableone.net> wrote in message
> Greetings --
>
>     No.
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> --
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
> having both at once. -- RAH
>

> "Tomasz Frelik" <tomasz.frelik@enzo.pl> wrote in message
> > I use XP and I like one thing very much: fast user switching. Is
> there a way
> > to somehow install it and have this service on Windows 2000 Pro?
> >
> > tf

0
unknown
9/2/2003 8:43:41 PM
ok .. maybe so .. so y is xp experiencing more problems than 2k ???
"unknown" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> What you need to remember is the MS official Statement (I was told by an
> MCT)
>
> Windows2000 was unfinished, and was rushed out by MS, because they ran out
> of time to release the OS to Manufacturers, who needed to write device
> drivers.
>
> Windows XP is Officially the Finished Version of Windows 2000 Pro.
>
> Blah - Blah - Blah.
>
> Somehow, it does'nt supprise me!
>

> "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@nospam.cableone.net> wrote in message
> > Greetings --
> >
> >     No.
> >
> > Bruce Chambers
> >
> > --
> > Help us help you:
> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >
> > You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
> > having both at once. -- RAH
> >

> > "Tomasz Frelik" <tomasz.frelik@enzo.pl> wrote in message
> > > I use XP and I like one thing very much: fast user switching. Is
> > there a way
> > > to somehow install it and have this service on Windows 2000 Pro?
> > >
> > > tf

0
me_here
9/27/2003 12:17:09 AM
"me_here" <hathcompnospam@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> ok .. maybe so .. so y is xp experiencing more problems than 2k ???

> "unknown" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
> > What you need to remember is the MS official Statement (I was told by an
> > MCT)
> >
> > Windows2000 was unfinished, and was rushed out by MS, because they ran
out
> > of time to release the OS to Manufacturers, who needed to write device
> > drivers.
> >
> > Windows XP is Officially the Finished Version of Windows 2000 Pro.
> >
> > Blah - Blah - Blah.
> >
> > Somehow, it does'nt supprise me!

because xp is the finished version... weren't you listening?

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:17:09 +1000, "me_here"
<hathcompnospam@tpg.com.au> wrote:
Yeah XP is having all kinds of problems especially if you do video
editing.

>ok .. maybe so .. so y is xp experiencing more problems than 2k ???
>"unknown" <noone@home.com> wrote in message
>> What you need to remember is the MS official Statement (I was told by an
>> MCT)
>>
>> Windows2000 was unfinished, and was rushed out by MS, because they ran out
>> of time to release the OS to Manufacturers, who needed to write device
>> drivers.
>>
>> Windows XP is Officially the Finished Version of Windows 2000 Pro.

That just means they didn't have time to install all the copyright
protection features that make the entire system run so slower.

Win2kpro is just fine the way it is.
Bill the Bastard doesn't like it because he can't have coming back to
him crying to be his bitch just to get your computer de-glitched.
>> Blah - Blah - Blah.
>>
>> Somehow, it does'nt supprise me!
>>

>> "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@nospam.cableone.net> wrote in message
>> > Greetings --
>> >
>> >     No.
>> >
>> > Bruce Chambers
>> >
>> > --
>> > Help us help you:
>> > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>> > http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>> >
>> > You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
>> > having both at once. -- RAH
>> >

>> > "Tomasz Frelik" <tomasz.frelik@enzo.pl> wrote in message
>> > there a way

0