setup a home network with win-xp laptop and win 2K desktop

hi,
i have a windows-XP laptop and a windows-2000 desktop both connected to
internet through a belkin router. can anyone tell me how to setup these
computers onto a local network and access the files of each computer
from the other???

- i did put both computers onto same workname
- desktop is able to see the laptop but is not able to connect to it
- laptop is not even seeing anything, it complains abt not having
permissions to connect to that workname

ur help is appreciated

thanks

0
ganeshsaripalli
3/5/2005 2:09:30 AM
comp.os.ms-windows.networking 1761 articles. 1 followers. thegezza (2) is leader. Post Follow

Go into Network properties -> TCPIP -> Advanced -> WINS and enable
NetBios over TCPIP.

Make sure that both workstations have the a common User/Password
created. Use that User/Password to logon.

--

= www.oyamaphotogrphy.com =