gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': Invalid argument

--0-1807935669-1138200915=:58222

 Hello everybody,

I install djgpp on winXP and want to compile a program using

gcc -g -Ic:\djgpp\include -c myzip.cpp -o myzip.exe
but get this error message
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': Invalid argument

can anybody helpme ? what is wrong?

thanks in advance

---------------------------------
--0-1807935669-1138200915=:58222

<DIV id=RTEContent><!--StartFragment -->&nbsp;Hello everybody,<BR><BR>I install djgpp on winXP and want to compile a program using<BR><BR>gcc -g -Ic:\djgpp\include -c myzip.cpp -o myzip.exe<BR>but get this error message<BR>gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': Invalid argument<BR><BR>can anybody helpme ? what is wrong?<BR><BR>thanks in advance</DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Bring words and photos together (easily) with<br>
--0-1807935669-1138200915=:58222--
comp.os.msdos.djgpp 3308 articles. 2 followers. tigrepotrazosalvaje (34) is leader. Post Follow

Rafael Morales Castro <nabucodonosor78@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I install djgpp on winXP and want to compile a program using

> gcc -g -Ic:\djgpp\include -c myzip.cpp -o myzip.exe

That command line is blatantly wrong on one count, and questionable on
another:

*) options "-c" and "-o myzip.exe" contradict each other.  If you
   want an executable, you must not use -c.
*) -Ic:\djgpp\include is, or at least it *should* be, completely
   superfluous.  Get rid of it.

> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': Invalid argument

You don't supply enough details for anybody to be sure what went wrong
here.  The most likely reasons would be

1) you forgot to actually install the C++ compiler
2) you didn't read the README, causing you to unzip stuff
   in the wrong way
3) you didn't read the README, causing you to install in a
   badly chosen place.

broeker (2903)
1/25/2006 5:04:30 PM
"Hans-Bernhard Broeker" <broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote in message
> Rafael Morales Castro <nabucodonosor78@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I install djgpp on winXP and want to compile a program using
>
> > gcc -g -Ic:\djgpp\include -c myzip.cpp -o myzip.exe
>
> That command line is blatantly wrong on one count, and questionable on
> another:
>
> *) options "-c" and "-o myzip.exe" contradict each other.  If you
>    want an executable, you must not use -c.
> *) -Ic:\djgpp\include is, or at least it *should* be, completely
>    superfluous.  Get rid of it.
>
> > gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': Invalid argument
>
> You don't supply enough details for anybody to be sure what went wrong
> here.  The most likely reasons would be
>
> 1) you forgot to actually install the C++ compiler
> 2) you didn't read the README, causing you to unzip stuff
>    in the wrong way
> 3) you didn't read the README, causing you to install in a
>    badly chosen place.
>
> --
> Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@physik.rwth-aachen.de)
> Even if all the snow were burnt, ashes would remain.

I'm not running XP, but cc1plus should still be in the same directories.
This is where mine are:
C:\djgpp\lib\gcc-lib\djgpp\3.22
C:\djgpp\libexec\gcc\djgpp\3.41

'C:\djggp' is specific to your setup.  '3.22' or '3.41', etc., are version
dependent (over time, I've installed multiple versions...)  Since he
installed under XP which has long filename support, I doubt that his
'unziper' creating short filenames is the problem.  The cc1plus directories
all seem to be 8.3 filenames.

Rod Pemberton

0
dont_have (89)
1/25/2006 9:08:58 PM
Rafael Morales Castro wrote:

>    Part 1.1    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>            Encoding: 8bit

You are not reaching me, and many others, because you are using
html in mail.  We reject all such as potentially dangerous.

cbfalconer (19194)
1/25/2006 11:15:54 PM
Rafael Morales Castro escribi�:
>  Hello everybody,
>
> I install djgpp on winXP and want to compile a program using
>
> gcc -g -Ic:\djgpp\include -c myzip.cpp -o myzip.exe
> but get this error message
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': Invalid argument
>
> can anybody helpme ? what is wrong?

This error message usually appears if you have the GNAT Ada compiler
also installed on the same machine, and failed to properly set the PATH
for DJGPP.

--
To reply by e-mail, please remove the extra dot
in the given address:  m.collado -> mcollado

0
m.collado (99)
1/26/2006 9:56:41 AM
hi manuel,

2 problems you might have:

c++ package is not installed; or
you have not set the proper environment DJGPP and PATH.

alex

Manuel Collado wrote:
> Rafael Morales Castro escribi�:
>
>>  Hello everybody,
>>
>> I install djgpp on winXP and want to compile a program using
>>
>> gcc -g -Ic:\djgpp\include -c myzip.cpp -o myzip.exe
>> but get this error message
>> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': Invalid argument
>>
>> can anybody helpme ? what is wrong?
>

> This error message usually appears if you have the GNAT Ada compiler
> also installed on the same machine, and failed to properly set the PATH
> for DJGPP.

0
alex