warning: ISO C90 does not support `long long'

Hi,

I am porting an application to djgpp, in which i had to substitute a
data-type with 'long long'. On compilation, I get the warning:

warning: ISO C90 does not support `long long'

And because of this, my application does not compile correctly.

I have used 'long long' with djgpp before, and i know that it works.
Does that mean that this particular application is forcing ISO C90 in
its makefile or somewhere? Is there a way i can not use ISO C90, and in
place use newer definitions for which 'long long' works?

Grateful for any hints ..

Thanks a lot,
Ahmad

0
ahmadwaris (44)
9/28/2005 3:59:13 PM
comp.os.msdos.djgpp 3308 articles. 2 followers. tigrepotrazosalvaje (34) is leader. Post Follow

It's a portability warning.  Yes, djgpp has supported long long for
quite some time now, but gcc is warning you that if you use a
*different* compiler, you might have problems.

It looks like there's a -Wlong-long, or a -pedantic, somewhere in your
gcc command line.

0
dj (1321)
9/28/2005 4:10:46 PM
Oh, thanks. I do have -pedantic on the command line. So its just a
warning!

0
ahmadwaris (44)