Re: OT - running IE in Windows (was:Re: Thoughts on the book: DEC is dead, long live DEC) dead, long live DEC) dead, long live DEC)

On 9/5/06, Bart Z. Lederman
<lederman@star.enet.dec.disable-junk-email.com> wrote:
> In article <FA60F2C4B72A584DBFC6091F6A2B8684019BCAC9@tayexc19.americas.cpqcorp.net>, "Main, Kerry" <Kerry.Main@hp.com> writes:
> >>
> >> What about DELETE EXPLORER.EXE or whatever executable is invoked when
> >> you start that Microsoft thing that does HTTP ?
> >>

> >Try it and see what happens on your Windows system.
> >

> If some recent news reports are true, this may be possible
> in Korea, and some other countries now or soon.  To settle
> government legal actions, Microsoft is apparently unbundling
> the browser from the OS.
>
> Please notice I started this message off with the word "IF".
>
> Bart.

But what happens there won't necessarily happen here.

Are you willing to use the Chinese or Korean versions of Windows in
order to avoid IE?

WWWebb
comp.os.vms 21904 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow