Problem with booting vxworks standalone binary image

Hello all,
I am trying to boot a Vxworks standalone binary image from ROM without
using a bootrom.

The kernel comes up ok but reports 'Adding 0 symbols for standalone'.
I checked the symTbl.c file and standTblSize has a reasonable value. I
can't find out
why or where standTblSize is being reset back to zero.

Does the utility objcopyppc removes symbols when it makes a binary ?
How can I retain symbols in binary images ?

Thanks for your suggestions.
-shru

comp.os.vxworks 5962 articles. 4 followers. motamedi24 (67) is leader. Post Follow

On Jun 15, 4:31 pm, "psgrshru...@gmail.com" <psgrshru...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am trying to boot a Vxworks standalone binary image from ROM without
> using a bootrom.
>
> The kernel comes up ok but reports 'Adding 0 symbols for standalone'.
> I checked the symTbl.c file and standTblSize has a reasonable value. I
> can't find out
> why or where standTblSize is being reset back to zero.
>
> Does the utility objcopyppc removes symbols when it makes a binary ?
> How can I retain symbols in binary images ?
>
> Thanks for your suggestions.
> -shru

Hi,
I am not sure whether this will help you resolve the problem.But worth
giving a try:
Try including the following macros in your build:
INCLUDE_SYM_TBL, INCLUDE_SYM_TBL_INIT, INCLUDE_STANDALONE_SYM_TBL

Regards,
s.subbarayan

0
ssubba (241)
6/18/2007 5:27:41 AM
What command are you using to build the standalone image? If you
aren't already, try using "make vxWorks.st", where the st stands for
symbol table, and thus includes it.

regards
Gavin Nottage
Harmonic Software Systems