What's with the "MPI_RECV : Message truncated" error?

Hi there ,

I have been getting this MPI_RECV : Message truncated error message, and it
doesn't happen all the time too. What could have caused this?

                                                        Thanks

0
Wonderer
4/22/2004 12:00:03 AM
comp.parallel.mpi 1534 articles. 0 followers. kisitanggang (69) is leader. Post Follow

"Wonderer" <truth@here.com> wrote in message
> Hi there ,
>
> I have been getting this MPI_RECV : Message truncated error message, and
it
> doesn't happen all the time too. What could have caused this?

It means that you have received a message that was longer
than the receive buffer you provided.

That often is a hint that your receive matched not the
send you did expect but another. Or that you simply
calculated the message size incorrect on one or both
sides.

0
bisseling