GridSim 2.1 Toolkit Release

Dear Colleagues:

On behalf of the Gridbus Project at the University of Melbourne,
Australia, I am pleased to inform you that we have released the
next-version of Grid simulation software, the GridSim 2.1 toolkit.

The new version of GridSim has been substantially improved. They include:
- provides comprehensive GridSim, GridBroker and VisualModeler API
- resolves identified bugs
- incorporates examples of how to use GridSim and GridBroker
- groups the relevant Class files into jar files.
     Hence, the user only need to include relevant jar file
- uses Java's code convention. As a result, increase code readability.

All components developed as part of the GridSim Toolkit are released as "open
source" under the GPL license to encourage innovation and pass full
freedom to our users.

The early version of our GridSim toolkit has been used/dowloaded by several academic
and commercial organizations around the world including: California Institute of
Technology, Argonne National Labs, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,
Manchester University, CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research),
National University of Singapore, Tsinghua University, Sun Microsystems,
IBM, Unisys, HP, British Telecom, and EMC Corporation.

The GridSim software has been used for modeling and simulating many
interesting systems. For example, one of the users from Unisys said that
they are exploring its use in data centre modeling. Our own usages include
simulating economic Grid scheduler in a competitive economy
model; economic based cluster scheduler.

The contributors to the GridSim software (early/new version) are:
GridSim base platform also broker:
* Rajkumar Buyya, GRIDS Lab @ University of Melbourne
* Manzur Murshed, GSCIT @ Monash University
* Anthony Sulistio, GRIDS Lab @ The U. of Melbourne.

GridSim visual modeller by:
* Anthony Sulistio, GRIDS Lab @ The U. of Melbourne.
* Chee Shin Yeo, GRIDS Lab @ The U. of Melbourne.

To download the GridSim software, please visit the Gridbus Project website:
http://www.gridbus.org/gridsim/

The GridSim 2.1 Toolkit Release notes can be found at:
     http://www.gridbus.org/gridsim/gridsim2.1/

We hope that the users of GridSim will find this new version useful.

Thank you very much for your support.

Cheers
Raj
Dr. Rajkumar Buyya
Grid Computing and Distributed Systems (GRIDS) Lab: http://gridbus.org
Dept. of Computer Science and Software Engineering
The University of Melbourne
ICT Building, 111, Barry Street,
Carlton, Melbourne, VIC 3053, Australia
Phone: +61-3-8344 1344 (office); +61-3-9569 8004 (home)
Fax: +61-3-9348 1184; eFax: +1-413-845-2525
Email: rajkumar@buyya.com | raj@cs.mu.oz.au

raj1142 (4)
7/3/2003 6:43:56 AM
comp.parallel 2866 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow