f



3570 Canon Networked Printer won't print

I'm trying to setup a 3570 Canon Printer on my network.   The printer
and workstations are all in the same subnet.  When trying to print a
test page to the printer's ip address I can see that the job goes into
the print queue (from a windows 2000 machine) for a second and has a
job status of "printing".  It then goes out of the queue as if the job
completed and was sent to the printer.  During this time the 3570
Canon Printer makes some noise as if the print job is going to print
(for about 1 to 2 seconds) and then stops.  Nothing comes out of the
printer.  I get no error messages on the workstation.  I can ping the
printer from this workstation.  I can even get into the Remote UI from
the workstation so I know it's unlikely a network related problem.
I'm using the following print driver version which is the latest on
Canon's website: "PCL5e-c6v8.0_v6.0_Setup.exe"  When looking at the
"Print Job" logs on the 3570 I get the following:

Job Number: XXXX
Result: NG
Job Name: Test Page
User: Jdoe
Start time: 04/26/2007 14:18:37
End Time: 04/26/2007 14:18:37
Sheet X Copies: 0X0
End Code: #853

Sometimes I will get the following:

Result: OK
Sheet X Copies: 0X0
End Code: OK

In either of these cases nothing comes out of the printer and I get
the same result as I described above.  I can't seem to find out what
these "end codes" mean.  Any help would be great.  If you need
firmware versions of the 3570 to help resolve this let me know.

0
b33gopher
4/26/2007 6:51:09 PM
comp.periphs.printers 18139 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

6 Replies
891 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 2

b33gopher <b33gopher@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a 3570 Canon Printer on my network.   The printer
> and workstations are all in the same subnet.  When trying to print a
> test page to the printer's ip address I can see that the job goes into
> the print queue (from a windows 2000 machine) for a second and has a
> job status of "printing".  It then goes out of the queue as if the job
> completed and was sent to the printer.  During this time the 3570
> Canon Printer makes some noise as if the print job is going to print
> (for about 1 to 2 seconds) and then stops.  Nothing comes out of the
> printer.  I get no error messages on the workstation.

That's a printer/copier, and it may be configured to keep print jobs in 
a "mailbox" until the user walks up to it and tells it to print them.  
That might be configurable in the driver.

Your supplier or servicing company ought to be happy to help get it 
working.

-- 
Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA
0
Warren
4/26/2007 7:08:39 PM
On Apr 26, 3:08 pm, Warren Block <wbl...@wonkity.com> wrote:
> b33gopher <b33gop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm trying to setup a 3570CanonPrinter on my network.   The printer
> > and workstations are all in the same subnet.  When trying to print a
> > test page to the printer's ip address I can see that the job goes into
> > the print queue (from a windows 2000 machine) for a second and has a
> > job status of "printing".  It then goes out of the queue as if the job
> > completed and was sent to the printer.  During this time the 3570
> >CanonPrinter makes some noise as if the print job is going to print
> > (for about 1 to 2 seconds) and then stops.  Nothing comes out of the
> > printer.  I get no error messages on the workstation.
>
> That's a printer/copier, and it may be configured to keep print jobs in
> a "mailbox" until the user walks up to it and tells it to print them.
> That might be configurable in the driver.
>
> Your supplier or servicing company ought to be happy to help get it
> working.
>
> --
> Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota * USA

Warren,

I did double check to make sure the printer properties had the "output
method" set to "Print" and not to "Secured Print" or "Store", but did
not include it in my original post.  At this time, we don't want to
get the supplier involved if we can help it.

0
b33gopher
4/30/2007 12:37:54 PM
 At this time, we don't want to
> get the supplier involved if we can help it.

why not?


0
eager
4/30/2007 1:54:35 PM
On Apr 30, 9:54 am, "eager" <e...@beaver.it> wrote:
>  At this time, we don't want to
>
> > get the supplier involved if we can help it.
>
> why not?

I've had issues with getting technical support in the past from this
vendor.  So, if I could solve this issue on my own it would less
hassle.

0
b33gopher
4/30/2007 5:38:53 PM
"b33gopher" <b33gopher@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1177954733.374832.323180@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
> On Apr 30, 9:54 am, "eager" <e...@beaver.it> wrote:
>>  At this time, we don't want to
>>
>> > get the supplier involved if we can help it.
>>
>> why not?
>
> I've had issues with getting technical support in the past from this
> vendor.  So, if I could solve this issue on my own it would less
> hassle.
>

There should be other canon dealers in your area ....
It's nice to do things on your own and save some money too, but at the end 
of the day, is it worth the time and frustration?
What about if your machine needs a firmware upgrade? 


0
eager
5/1/2007 1:55:29 PM
On May 1, 8:55 am, "eager" <e...@beaver.it> wrote:
> "b33gopher" <b33gop...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1177954733.374832.323180@y5g2000hsa.googlegroups.com...
>
> > On Apr 30, 9:54 am, "eager" <e...@beaver.it> wrote:
> >>  At this time, we don't want to
>
> >> > get the supplier involved if we can help it.
>
> >> why not?
>
> > I've had issues with getting technical support in the past from this
> > vendor.  So, if I could solve this issue on my own it would less
> > hassle.
>
> There should be other canon dealers in your area ....
> It's nice to do things on your own and save some money too, but at the end
> of the day, is it worth the time and frustration?
> What about if your machine needs a firmware upgrade?

My suggestion would be to find different drivers.  I had the exact
same error on a Canon IR C3220 Multifunction and I got the #853 end
code.  I had set this printer up before and it was successful in the
past, so I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working this time.  Well
after I ran through some troubleshooting steps I realized that instead
of using the bunk driver "Canon iR C3220 PCL5c", I used a variation of
it "Canon iR C3220-C1 PCL5c".  Notice the '-C1' difference.  If you
have a variation of the driver you're trying to use, try these as I'm
guessing you'll get the same results.

0
enigmafyv
6/7/2007 8:26:52 PM
Reply: