Can't delete printer from Printers Folder

When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I
need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes.  This
happens as soon as I click on the printer icon.  I have other printers
installed that work fine.  But any time I change printers in a program
like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and
have to restart.

Thanks,
Patrick
0
patrick_sdc

Les Moore wrote:
> When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I
> need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes.  This
> happens as soon as I click on the printer icon.  I have other printers
> installed that work fine.  But any time I change printers in a program
> like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and
> have to restart.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick
Did you try deleting it in safe mode?
0
tomcas
5/5/2004 9:49:57 PM
On 5 May 2004 08:57:59 -0700, patrick_sdc@hotmail.com (Les Moore)
wrote:

>When I open my Start/Settings/Printer folder and select the printer I
>need to delete, I get a Spool error and the computer freezes.  This
>happens as soon as I click on the printer icon.  I have other printers
>installed that work fine.  But any time I change printers in a program
>like Word and I scroll past the bad printer I get the spool error and
>have to restart.
>
>Thanks,
>Patrick

Try Control Panel/Add/Remove Hardware.