Canon Printer Won't Stalls On Graphics

The is a Multipass 2500 unit [similar to BJ 4100 engine].  I thought I
solved this a few weeks ago but problem returned.

Units prints characters fine.

Demo page print [firmware in unit - not software] includes a graphic element
which causes print head to lose its place or "skip", i.e., head parks on the
right side while paper advances jerkily.

This problem came clear while cleaning in the past.  Most recently, I
thought it was a slight misalignment of the "wiper" pad but I see no joy
now.

Again, prints character based pages perfectly.  Graphics glitch limits
usefulness as fax machine.

Any idea what causes this?

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

0
John

I'd check to see if the head is binding on the rails. Sometimes the friction
is great enough to cause a problem.
"John Keiser" <john.keiser2@verizon.net> wrote in message

> The is a Multipass 2500 unit [similar to BJ 4100 engine].  I thought I
> solved this a few weeks ago but problem returned.
>
> Units prints characters fine.
>
> Demo page print [firmware in unit - not software] includes a graphic
element
> which causes print head to lose its place or "skip", i.e., head parks on
the
> right side while paper advances jerkily.
>
> This problem came clear while cleaning in the past.  Most recently, I
> thought it was a slight misalignment of the "wiper" pad but I see no joy
> now.
>
> Again, prints character based pages perfectly.  Graphics glitch limits
> usefulness as fax machine.
>
> Any idea what causes this?
>
> --
> Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.