Epson C86 photo edition vs Canon IP3000 Pixima

Hi,
I am about a new printer but don't know which one to buy canon ip3000
or epson c86. I used to use epson but i have been through 3 epson
printers in the last 5 years. I know printers nowadays don't last long
but i would like it to last more than a 2 years. Are canon using a new
head system compared to old printers which last longer?
What i am looking for in a printer:

1) Long print life therefore most reliable
2) Cheap inks
3) Don't want to replace the head
4) Quality and quick printing

Any suggestion from printer experts or any users of the printers.
Thanks
shah
0
ali78600