Epson RX500 vs Canon MP700/730 Multifunction Printers

Any thoughts or experience on these multifunction printers.  I am
leaning toward the Epson RX500 as it would replace my Epson 820
printer and 1660 scanner.  I want the ability to print quality photos
and scan negs and slides.

I see Canon has a MP700 and MP730, but I don't see the slide/neg
scanning capability of the Epson and cannot tell if the Canon is four
or six color.

Considering the Canon only because many in the group seem to like
them.

Any input is apreciated.

Jerry B
0