How to override the ink expiration date, HP OfficeJet L7500/7600/7700 series?

I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from
my HP
all-in-one.  I'm exploring three options, and option two is overriding
the
expiration date.
- According to the official HP information at
http://www.hp.com/pageyield/articles/us/en/InkExpiration.html , the
HP88
cartridge is "Able to continue after override."
- According to the footnote on that official webpage, override
instructions are
either "on the printer, in the user manual, or in the ink cartridge
expiration
message on the computer screen."

Three swings and a miss, HP.  The override instructions are not to be
found
in any of those places, or on the web.  Can someone else tell me (or
point
me to a website that shows) how to do this magic "override" trick?
Remember,
it has to be for an OJ L7500/7600/7700 series.

--
Regards
Ray

"rayd" <rdgoogle@uniqeng.com> wrote in message

> I want to eliminate the "ink cartridge missing or damaged" error from
> my HP all-in-one.  I'm exploring three options, and option two is
> overriding the expiration date.

I think you are barking up the wrong tree here.  The message for an
expiration date issue is different, it would say the ink supply is
expired.

What is the exact message?  If it is actually "printhead missing or
damaged" the following would help:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01446637&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=2512010

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging