HP cartridge with 2001 expiration date -- still ok?

There's someone on ebay selling an HP 51645A cartridge cheap,
turns out is has an expiration date of 10/2001. What are the
odds that it will still work ok? I read a post here:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9220 which claims that HP
cartridges have internal expiration dates, but I don't know that
applies to the 45A cartridge.

Bill
0
Bill

If it's stiill sealed in the factory box, it should be fine. Everytime
they send me a replacement 45A cartridge through our hardware support
unit in work for the K80on my desk,  they're atleast as old as 2001.
I've yet to get one that wasn't expired and they always work just
fine.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear our supplies buyers only buy
expired cartridges and thus get them real cheap.

TL

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:06:45 GMT, Bill Rubin <billrubin@prodigy.net>
wrote:

>There's someone on ebay selling an HP 51645A cartridge cheap,
>turns out is has an expiration date of 10/2001. What are the
>odds that it will still work ok? I read a post here:
>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9220 which claims that HP
>cartridges have internal expiration dates, but I don't know that
>applies to the 45A cartridge.
>
>Bill

0
TL
1/25/2004 9:18:30 AM
There are two cases:
1.. be an original outdated cartridge. In this case it will work fine.
2.. be a counterfeit (not original) cartridge. They are bad remanufactured
cartridges from China.

I suspect counterfeit, because 45 is a wide spread cartridge, and it's sold
in high quantities, someone to find an outdated (at least two years old)
one. Try it with cautiousness. To distinguish a counterfeit, observe the
electric contacts if they have marks from the previous using, see this
picture [ yianni.hypermart.net/temp/HP_UsedContacts.jpg ] -you may have to
add http:// before-.

--
Yianni
in9@mailbox.gr   (remove number nine to reply)

--
"TL" <tl@snip.net> wrote in message

> If it's stiill sealed in the factory box, it should be fine. Everytime
> they send me a replacement 45A cartridge through our hardware support
> unit in work for the K80on my desk,  they're atleast as old as 2001.
> I've yet to get one that wasn't expired and they always work just
> fine.
>
> If I didn't know better, I'd swear our supplies buyers only buy
> expired cartridges and thus get them real cheap.
>
> TL
>

> On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:06:45 GMT, Bill Rubin <billrubin@prodigy.net>
> wrote:
>
> >There's someone on ebay selling an HP 51645A cartridge cheap,
> >turns out is has an expiration date of 10/2001. What are the
> >odds that it will still work ok? I read a post here:
> >http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9220 which claims that HP
> >cartridges have internal expiration dates, but I don't know that
> >applies to the 45A cartridge.
> >
> >Bill

0
Yianni
1/25/2004 12:35:38 PM
"Yianni" <in9@mailbox.gr> wrote:

> There are two cases:
> 1.. be an original outdated cartridge. In this case it will work fine.
> 2.. be a counterfeit (not original) cartridge. They are bad =
remanufactured
> cartridges from China.

	Do they really ship the emptied cartridge to China to be remanufactured?
Also, China makes many original parts or the whole thing why the =
cartridges
are bad but not others?

	Or are you just making thing up to say?  just wondering!

> I suspect counterfeit, because 45 is a wide spread cartridge, and it's =
sold
> in high quantities, someone to find an outdated (at least two years =
old)
> one. Try it with cautiousness. To distinguish a counterfeit, observe =
the
> electric contacts if they have marks from the previous using, see this
> picture [ yianni.hypermart.net/temp/HP_UsedContacts.jpg ] -you may have=
> add http:// before-.

	Hmmm you have web page about this too?
0
Joel
1/25/2004 6:59:59 PM
> Do they really ship the emptied cartridge to China to be remanufactured?

There is no need to send each empty cartridge to China!  There are lot of
empties which are sold for that reason, for remanufacturing, as it is done
everywhere else.

Also, China makes many original parts or the whole thing why the cartridges
are bad but not others?

I didn't compare the quality of cartridges and other things. I said that
there are counterfeits, that means remanufactured cartridges that are sold
in "original" package as originals. And of course you pay them as much as
the original or a little bit less.

> Or are you just making thing up to say?  just wondering!
> Hmmm you have web page about this too?

And I don't a dedicated web page about this, as you can see there are few
pictures in the temp(orary) folder...

0
Yianni