HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge...

Hello.

Tonight, my very old HP Photosmart 8450 printer lost the fairly new HP
Tri-Color Print Cartridge 97 cartridge (2014/08/24 Z; 1782606105249600)
after I printed out a three/3 pages of B&W PDF application form after
turning on the printer for a few minutes.

The printer showed a blinking red print button border and its screen
says "Color cartridge failed. Replace it, or ... remove it to print
using ink-backup printing mode."

I tried removing and reinserting the cartridge, turning off and on
including unplugging its power cable, cleaning cartridge and printer's
cartridge holder connection, etc. Nothing fixed it.

What happened? I didn't even use much of this year old cartridge (think
it had 3/4th of ink left). I don't have its original packaging and
papers. Can I RMA it back to HP for free since I ordered it online
through Amazon?

I had to print without this color (thanks God it lets me print even
without colors). Thank you in advance. :)
--
"What I fear most from the stars is not aliens for they have
intelligence, but I fear social creatures like ants, that can overrun

> What happened? I didn't even use much of this year old cartridge (think
> it had 3/4th of ink left). I don't have its original packaging and
> papers. Can I RMA it back to HP for free since I ordered it online
> through Amazon?

I ordered it on 11/26/2012 from http://amazon.com/gp/product/B0006BB6Z6/
web page (Amazon LLC, not the other resellers). It is not returnable
after a month. :(
--
Quote of the Week: "Everyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree
plant." --Motto of FTL Foundation (in Isaac Asimov book)