What language does Canon Pixma printers use?

Many years ago, I wrote a program to print documents to my HP printer
filling up the page; it adjusted the font size so the document would be
inthe largest possible font.  This involved calculations, and
translating them into PCL language (the HP Printer Control Language) to
print the document.  I found my "Fullpage" program very useful over the
years.

Now I have bought a Canon printer and I'd like to be able to do the
same thing with it.  Can anyone tell me what print control language the
Canon recognizes?

0
Gary

On Nov 23, 8:56 am, Gary <gary...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Many years ago, I wrote a program to print documents to my HP printer
> filling up the page; it adjusted the font size so the document would be
> inthe largest possible font.  This involved calculations, and
> translating them into PCL language (the HP Printer Control Language) to
> print the document.  I found my "Fullpage" program very useful over the
> years.
>
> Now I have bought a Canon printer and I'd like to be able to do the
> same thing with it.  Can anyone tell me what print control language the
> Canon recognizes?

It should also support embedded PCL codes, I'm assuming are
standardized.  Never used them but worked plenty with proprietary
codes along the same principle for various dot matrix printers and
dial up modems.
0
Flasherly
11/23/2008 11:10:52 PM
Hi Gary,

That depends on the model. It might support PCL, PCL XL, CaPSL/LIPS,.... And
it is probably using CPCA to communicate with the printer.

If you are using Windows, I suggest that you use GDI from your application.
GDI will then use the printer driver to render the job. You can find more
information on GDI and GDI+ in the Windows Platform SDK, including examples.

--
Christoph Lindemann
Undocumented Printing

"Gary" <gary_w1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Many years ago, I wrote a program to print documents to my HP printer
> filling up the page; it adjusted the font size so the document would be
> inthe largest possible font.  This involved calculations, and translating
> them into PCL language (the HP Printer Control Language) to print the
> document.  I found my "Fullpage" program very useful over the years.
>
> Now I have bought a Canon printer and I'd like to be able to do the same
> thing with it.  Can anyone tell me what print control language the Canon
> recognizes?

0
Christoph