Implementation Version Name and Implementation Class UID values

Our application uses Dcm4Che to handle DICOM related features. When we set =
the values for Implementation Version Name and Implementation Class UID, sh=
ould we use Dcm4Che's version name and Class UID or use out application's v=
ersion name and our own Class UID?

Thanks,
Peter
0
peter
12/20/2016 2:06:27 AM
comp.protocols.dicom 4782 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

It is up to you if you want to create your own implementation class UID and=
 version, however you should realize that you should create your own DICOM =
conformance statement to match those values. It depends: if you feel it is =
important to hide the fact you use an open source core or if you want the w=
orld to know you do that.=20

Herman O.

On Monday, December 19, 2016 at 8:06:29 PM UTC-6, peter wrote:
> Our application uses Dcm4Che to handle DICOM related features. When we se=
t the values for Implementation Version Name and Implementation Class UID, =
should we use Dcm4Che's version name and Class UID or use out application's=
 version name and our own Class UID?
>=20
> Thanks,
> Peter

0
Herman
12/20/2016 3:55:41 AM
> Our application uses Dcm4Che to handle DICOM related features.
 > When we set the values for Implementation Version Name and Implementation Class UID,
 > should we use Dcm4Che's version name and Class UID or use out application's version name and our own Class UID?

One of the main purposes of the Implementation Class UID is to identify the
system (more precisely: the DICOM implementation used by that system)
one tries to communicate with in order to sort out communication problems.

If you use the DCM4CHE Implementation Version ID, then your system will
be identified as DCM4CHE. That is OK if you do not modify the implementation
(i.e. all errors in the DICOM module are indeed caused by bugs in DCM4CHE).
If you modify the code, it might be better to introduce your own UID to
avoid the situation where people are trying to find and solve a problem
in DCM4CHE that is actually not caused by DCM4CHE.

However, as Herman pointed out, there is no hard rule that would require
you to do so.

Best regards,
Marco Eichelberg

0