kadmin and other errors: "Master key does not match database while initializing ..."

My Kadmin daemon will no longer start.  It gives me:

[root@kdc3 root]# /etc/init.d/kadmin start
Starting Kerberos 5 Admin Server: kadmind: Master key does not match
database while initializing, aborting

I get a similar error when I do "krb5_util dump file.dump".

 From the Kerberos FAQ it sounds like a problem with my kerberos
database but I didn't find any references on how to fix it.  Can someone
point me in the right direction?

This is Fedora Core 1.  Let me know what other relevant information
might provide useful.

Thanks

Austin

godber> My Kadmin daemon will no longer start.  It gives me:
godber> [root@kdc3 root]# /etc/init.d/kadmin start
godber> Starting Kerberos 5 Admin Server: kadmind: Master key does not match
godber> database while initializing, aborting

godber> I get a similar error when I do "krb5_util dump file.dump".

godber>  From the Kerberos FAQ it sounds like a problem with my kerberos
godber> database but I didn't find any references on how to fix it.  Can
godber> someone point me in the right direction?

godber> This is Fedora Core 1.  Let me know what other relevant information
godber> might provide useful.

This is not really enough information to fully diagnose your problem.
What changes have you recently made?  The error message you quote
sometimes indicates master key stash file corruption, or database
corruption.

---Tom

tlyu (271)