can't sync in LAN

I have a LAN with a box running ntp. I want to sync all boxes in the lAN
to this one box. This shouldn't be anything complicated, but the clients
do not accept the time they get from the server. Here's the output I get
from ntptimeset when executed on the client.

# ntptimeset -vuS1 -ddd
  9 Jul 20:20:08 ntptimeset[2069]: ntpdate 4.1.1@1.786 Mon Apr  8
06:30:53 EDT 2002 (1)
1 servers responding but none have valid time
192.168.0.3     6/6 077 v4 s16 offset -26.195060 delay 0.02591 disp 1.5041
No servers available to sync time with

If I interprete the output correctly this also means, that the server
box is stratum 16. The documentation claims that the values for the
strata are between 0 and 15. Currently the server is to five different
external ntp-servers with stratum 1 or 2 with an estimate error of about
0.02s. That completely ok for my purposes so in future I will change to
stratum 4 or 5 servers. But a running server would be fine first.

There is no firewall on any machine in LAN.

Any ideas where I fail?

	thanks in advance
		Robert...

0
Robert

Robert wrote:
> I have a LAN with a box running ntp. I want to sync all boxes in the lAN
> to this one box. This shouldn't be anything complicated, but the clients
> do not accept the time they get from the server. Here's the output I get
> from ntptimeset when executed on the client.
>
> # ntptimeset -vuS1 -ddd
>   9 Jul 20:20:08 ntptimeset[2069]: ntpdate 4.1.1@1.786 Mon Apr  8
> 06:30:53 EDT 2002 (1)
> 1 servers responding but none have valid time
> 192.168.0.3     6/6 077 v4 s16 offset -26.195060 delay 0.02591 disp 1.5041
> No servers available to sync time with

ntpq -p 192.168.0.3

--
  _ _    Marc A. Donges                      +49 721 6904-2130
  'v'    Klosterweg 28 / E110

--

         Robert...

0