Crontab entries for time synchronization in NTP clients for solaris

Hi,

I want to update my NTP server time in my NTP clients machines for
every 30 min.I can use  crontab file in clients machies or any other
method is there.I am using "ntpdate -q <server ip address>.This
command will update my client machine time.This is the correct
procedure or not.

We have to use any other command for time time synchronization

Thanks in advance
0
gsridhar78

Sridhar wrote:

> I want to update my NTP server time in my NTP clients machines
> for every 30 min.I can use  crontab file in clients machies or
> any other method is there.I am using "ntpdate -q <server ip
> address>.

Why don't you install ntpd on the client machines?  Ntpd will take
care of polling the NTP server in due time.

  // Klaus

--
 ><> 	unselfish actions pay back better
0
Klaus
7/1/2003 6:04:58 AM
In article <9b27068c.0306301930.670b01b4@posting.google.com>,
	gsridhar78@yahoo.com (sridhar) writes:

> I want to update my NTP server time in my NTP clients machines for
> every 30 min.I can use  crontab file in clients machies or any other
> method is there.I am using "ntpdate -q <server ip address>.This
> command will update my client machine time.This is the correct
> procedure or not.

No, not at all. "ntpdate -q" only queries the time, and doesn't
update. Best to just run "ntpd".

--
Frederick
0