Good clock from DSL

Has anybody investigated extracting a clock from a DSL link?

It wouldn't tell you the time of day, but it might be a stable
frequency source if it's derived from the telco master clock.

hmurray

hmurray@suespammers.org (Hal Murray) wrote in message news:<vfic29q751l517@corp.supernews.com>...
> Has anybody investigated extracting a clock from a DSL link?
>
> It wouldn't tell you the time of day, but it might be a stable
> frequency source if it's derived from the telco master clock.

I don't think it would necessarily be tied to the telco master clock.  It's
not as if the DSL signals are muxed and demuxed; AFAIK the concentration is
done through a technology more similar to a regular ethernet switch.

That said, it*might* be derived from a master clock.  Maybe I should measure
my SDSL clock with my Z3801A as a reference...

Tim.
0
shoppa