NTP answers on only 1 interface

Hi,
I have a server Unix ( sol.9 ) with many interfaces and ntpd version 4.1.1.
I'd like that it answers  NTP requests only when the question come on the
specific interface.
I'd like that it doesn't answer on the other interfaces.
How do I configure that ?
Thanks in advance
regards
Daniel

RE: [ntp:questions] Re: Ntp-4.1.2: tinker step 0;always slew andkernel time discipline
Have you considered: 1. Getting a better network connection to reduce or eliminate=20 asymmetric delays, or Yes, this is being done. 2. Getting a hardware reference clock; e.g. a GPS timing receiver? We are using GPS. But we can not conect a GPS to every server. There will always be a network between GPS and a server. Regards, Sergey The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. This e-mail is in= tended only for the stated addressee. If you are not an addressee, you mus= t not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the i...

RE: [ntp:questions] Re: Ntp-4.1.2: tinker step 0; always slew andkernel time discipline
Dave, Not running NTP is not an option. At least on one type of Sun systems we had this problem where a system clock would jump 2 seconds. After long efforts of talking to Sun support, this explanation was given by Sun. The system has 2 clocks: TOD (hardware) and the system clock (hardware/software combination).=20 If the 2 clocks drift to 2 seconds apart, the system clock is set to the time of the TOD.=20 Actually, according to my tests, this correction is done over span of 30 seconds at a rate of 70ms/s. This "jump" was freaking out one of our time sensitive applications. When the...

RE: [ntp:questions] Re: Ntp-4.1.2: tinker step 0;always slew and kernel time discipline
The "-x" option sets "tinker step 600". The description of the "-x" option includes a note about the fact that the kernel time discipline is disabled with this option. However, I tested it and "ntpdc -c sysinfo" still shows the "kernel" flag. So, my question applies to the "-x" option as well. Sergey -----Original Message----- From: questions-bounces@lists.ntp.isc.org [mailto:questions-bounces@lists.ntp.isc.org] On Behalf Of Tom Smith Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:52 PM To: questions@lists.ntp.isc.org Subject: [ntp:questions]...

RE: [ntp:questions] Re: Ntp-4.1.2: tinker step 0;always slew and kernel time discipline #2
Dave, Thanks for your replies. Actually, I have just got data from my tests and this is what I am observing. If "tinker step 0" but the "kernel" is not disabled explicitly, a 20-second offset=20 (set manually via the date command) is corrected at a rate of about 0.5 millisecond/s as expected,=20 but overshoots the right time by about the same absolute value of offset. This happens repeatedly.=20 For example, from -20 sec it goes all the way to 20 sec offset and then back to -20 and so on many times.=20 I did not wait for it to settle down.=20 When the "kernel" i...

[ntp:questions] Cross-Compile for ARM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --MIMEStream=_0+280314_697926511444_118909551879 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Content-Disposition: inline Spam detection software, running on the system "maccarony.ntp.org", has identified this incoming email as possible spam. The original message has been attached to this so you can view it (if it isn't spam) or block similar future email. If you have any questions, see the administrator of that system for details. Content preview: I have the same problem to cross-compile for PPC the NTP 4.2.0. Beca...

Cross-Compile for ARM
I'm cross-compiling NTP on a Red Hat 7.3 Linux box, targeted at an Arcom ARM-based embedded board, with the Acrom Embedded Linux (AEL) 3.7 (kernel 2.4.26) host environment installed. With NTP 4.1.1 (original included in Arcom's AEL package, no known diffs from core NTP dist), all it takes is './configure --host=arm-linux' and 'make' to get a clean compile. With ntp-stable-4.2.0a-20040617 and ntp-dev-4.2.0a-20040914, the './configure --host=arm-linux' and 'make' routine gets me a nearly immediate screen full of errors ... ... in directory libntp ...

Re: [ntp:questions] Re: How application get precise time from Win NT/XP system time that synchronies to NTP
----- Original Message Follows ----- > Martin, > > If my application polls the system time once every tick, i.e. 10 > millisecond, can I get nanosecond resolution and accuracy that NTP can > provide? > The simple answer is no way. The more complicated answer is that you would need an real atomic clock directly connected on a machine running a realtime O/S with absolutely no other processes that the absolute essential ones. Windows wouldn't even be in the picture here, it's not designed for what you are asking. What exactly are you trying to do and why? A little ex...

ntp from ntp.org
I have loaded the Windows 2000 ntp server software port of the Unix code from NTP.org onto a server and I'm having trouble getting Cisco devices to accept time. On the Cisco device it will say that time is synchronized, however, the time shown is not the same time that is on the NTP server. Should I allow a certain amount of time to elapse for synchronization to occur or am I just missing something here? I have both Netware and other NT boxes getting time from this source. I don't think it should be this difficult. Please advise. Thanks, Scott Crabb Scott Crabb wrote: > I ha...

A ntp client is running ahead of time of our netowork ntp server.
Hi List I have an issue with a ntp client running Linux SuSE 9.3 Our Network ntp server is a Red Hat Linux Advanced Server release 2.1A. *I initialy had an* error regarding seeing* *"Bad file descriptor" errors in /var/log/ntp* *then made sure that only one instance of ntpd* *is running socklist command and ps -auxxx|egrep ntpd thus run * *kill -9 PID's and restart ntpd /etc/init.d/ntpd restart. This seemed to fix things and when I run date command volia I thought I fixed it So thus to test after weekend. * *Thus I have checked this morning using date command and I the ...

Re: [ntp:questions] Unable to get time from NTP server
----- Original Message Follows ----- > That worked. I had a number of peers who's access policy had changed. > Also, it seems that changing notrust to nopeer seems to have corrected > the problem. Thanks for your help. > You shouldn't use notrust unless you know what you are doing. Its meaning changed betweeen 4.1.x and 4.2.0 and almost certainly was the cause of your problems. Danny ...

NTP ( Network Time protocol ) With Ingres
Does somebody use NTP ( ntpdate or xntpd ) with Ingres. Officialy NTP is not compatible with Ingres. Thanks. Bruno. At 11:34 AM 7/18/2003 +0200, Bruno Wipier wrote: >Does somebody use NTP ( ntpdate or xntpd ) with Ingres. Officialy NTP is not >compatible with Ingres. > >Thanks. > >Bruno. Bruno, I guess I'm a bit flustered. Is there some list of UNIX utilities that are or are not "compatible" with Ingres? NTP merely keeps your clock in sync, usually within milliseconds of the 'master'. Is Ingres not compatible with the c...

M$Windows and ntp (and other time protocols)
Looking for timeserv to sync a M$nt4 machine, I found this doucment at MicroSoft: http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/docs/wintimeserv.doc. It nicely states (official?) details about M$Windows and time sync. Is there a faq or such where this pointer / information can be added? CBee CBee wrote: > Looking for timeserv to sync a M$nt4 machine, I found this doucment at > MicroSoft: http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/docs/wintimeserv.doc. > It nicely states (official?) details about M$Windows and time sync. > > Is there a faq or such where this pointer / information can be...

Network Time Protocol (NTP) for NonStop
Has anyone used ntp on NonStop? HP has ported this for the OSS target. I know Bowden systems sells NSK-NTP, but I am wondering if anyone has used the open-source version. Thanks in advance. NonStopForEver wrote: > Has anyone used ntp on NonStop? HP has ported this for the OSS target. > I know Bowden systems sells NSK-NTP, but I am wondering if anyone has > used the open-source version. > > Thanks in advance. We use a product written by a german guy. It only acts as a client but does the job. If you wany some details then PM me. Hi Mark. Is this the C code that gets...

Re: [ntp:questions] Re: Unable to get time from NTP server
----- Original Message Follows ----- > > 4.2.0: > > notrust > > Deny service unless the packet is cryptographically > > authenticated. nopeer > > Deny packets which would result in mobilizing a new association. > > This includes > > broadcast and symmetric active packets when a configured > > association does not exist. > > > It's not specified in the man page, which is probably why I missed it. > > -- > Daniel Rudy > The man pages are not authorative. Always look at the HTML documentation. Danny D...

Web resources about - NTP answers on only 1 interface - comp.protocols.time.ntp

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus goes 7.0 with interface improvements
... especially for longtime users of the app like me. Fortunately, here comes version 7.0 of the app to the rescue with a handful of welcome interface ...

Disney CEO & Apple board member Bob Iger calls Apple TV best television interface ever
... Executive Bob Iger said in an interview on Monday, praising Apple for creating what he believes is the most intuitive television user interface ...

Playing around with BMW’s 7 Series gesture control user interface
... we showed you Dragon Drive , the voice-activation system that's now included in BMW's 7 Series. That's not the only advanced user interface ...

Firefox 43 adds new block list, updates Android user interface
Mozilla has rolled out Firefox 43 FINAL for Windows, Mac and Linux, with Firefox 43 for Android due to follow imminently. The desktop build ...

Samsung Shows Off New Smart Remote and Interface for Their Smart TVs
... hubs in 2016. On top of extensive smart home control by way of SmartThings , the company’s line of smart TVs will also be getting a user interface ...

IDG Contributor Network: Post-acquisition, LastPass rolls out new version with more user interface bling ...
... exists, revenue streams are sure to eventuate. The new version of LastPass, imaginatively called LastPass 4.0, has an entirely new user interface ...

Android’s design guru says iPhone interface is ‘heavy and burdensome’
The arrival of the original iPhone may have fundamentally changed Google’s plans for its Android smartphone platform, but according to Google’s ...

Sling TV Plans New Interface And Guide That Predicts What Users Want
... Sling CEO Roger Lynch says that the service won’t hike the price this year. He also said that later this quarter it will roll out a new interface, ...

Day of the Tentacle Remastered's slick interface works flawlessly
When we learned at the PlayStation Experience keynote that Day of the Tentacle Remastered was releasing March 2016, I wrote that it had been ...