ntpd does anser questions with the wrong IP

I have a Linux Server with serval IP addresses. ntpd allways answers
with the first one and not with the one it became the querry. This
causes that no client can ever syncronize.

Is this a bug or is there a config parameter which lets me bind ntpd to
a specific address ?

Same seams to happen for IPv6 addresses (Have two of them on the server)

Best regards

   Matthias

0
cramer (1)

Use the option -L ( man ntpq ) when you start ntpd like that the server
answers with the vritual IP address too.
Regards
Daniel
"Matthias Cramer" <cramer@dolphins.ch> wrote in message
> I have a Linux Server with serval IP addresses. ntpd allways answers
> with the first one and not with the one it became the querry. This
> causes that no client can ever syncronize.
>
> Is this a bug or is there a config parameter which lets me bind ntpd to
> a specific address ?
>
> Same seams to happen for IPv6 addresses (Have two of them on the server)
>
> Best regards
>
>    Matthias

0
Daniel