Sow to sync system time to BIOS automatic after ntpd updated os time from remote ntp server?

Hi, all,
I meet below problem on SUSE11 sp1 64bit with ntp4.2.4p6:
1. Set os date and bios date 7 minutes earlier than current date time;
and wait ntpd to sync from remote ntp server to fix the time , after
some minutes, both OS time and bios time fixed.

2. but when I try to test 30 minutes instead of 7minutes, only os time
synced with upper level ntp server, the bios time still 30 minutes
earlier than os time. hwclock can sync time to bios.

Is there any option to control the "sync to bios" action?
Or I need to set a cron job to run hwclock ?

Thanks.

--
Colin
0

> Is there any option to control the "sync to bios" action?
> Or I need to set a cron job to run hwclock ?

I assume that you are using a machine that is a relative of the IBM
PC/AT, and by BIOS clock, you mean the clock that used to be attached to
the CMOS parameter RAM and was clocked at 32kHz?

None in ntpd.

If you use the kernel time discipline, Linux will do so in less than 11
minutes.  Some people disapprove of this because it frustrates utilities
that correct for clock drift when the processor is powered down.
0
david2295 (209)