0:0:0:0:phone

Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get:  0:0:0:0:phone

where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

comp.security.firewalls 10672 articles. 0 followers. dfinc1988 (97) is leader. Post Follow

MikeStevens.invalid@spamtrap.org wrote:

> Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get:  0:0:0:0:phone
>
> where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to
> mean?

That's illegal -- there should be nothing coming from 0.0.0.0 at all, on ANY
port.  Block that IP outright.

--
Cinemuck, n.:
        The combination of popcorn, soda, and melted chocolate which

0
neosad1st (530)
1/9/2004 4:49:40 AM
0.0.0.0 is seen as YOUR ip address until you get assigned a ip address.  They
even said it was their local port, so its something just listening on a local
port which has the alias 'phone'.

"NeoSadist" <neosad1st@charter.net> wrote in message
MikeStevens.invalid@spamtrap.org wrote:

> Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get:  0:0:0:0:phone
>
> where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to
> mean?

That's illegal -- there should be nothing coming from 0.0.0.0 at all, on ANY
port.  Block that IP outright.

--
Cinemuck, n.:
        The combination of popcorn, soda, and melted chocolate which
covers the floors of movie theaters.
                -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"

0
nospam6806 (21)
1/9/2004 5:02:15 AM
Go into the Firewall Status where you saw this, and in the settings check
"Don't show port names", done.