how to get rid of this

I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago.

I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still
have the same Internet service.

I used to have DSL.

I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL
before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from
running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation.

About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and
configuartion.

A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr
Network Password" with the folling info:

Server: smtp:sbcglobal.yahoo.com
User name: ****@sbcglobal.net
Password:

I can't closed this window not cancel.  What do I need to do?

I believe all my posrts inclduing smtp is blocked properly. Thanks.
comp.security.firewalls 10672 articles. 0 followers. dfinc1988 (97) is leader. Post Follow

heyimjustcurious@yahoo.com (curious) wrote in

> I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago.
>
> I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still
> have the same Internet service.
>
> I used to have DSL.
>
> I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL
> before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from
> running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation.
>
> About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and
> configuartion.
>
> A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr
> Network Password" with the folling info:
>
> Server: smtp:sbcglobal.yahoo.com
> User name: ****@sbcglobal.net
> Password:

Are you using some kind of yahoo smtp email service that requires a
username and password? Maybe, some software on the machine that supplies
the information has changed.

Duane :)
0
notme13 (2648)
2/23/2004 5:17:55 AM
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 05:17:55 GMT, Duane Arnold <notme@notme.com>
wrote:

>heyimjustcurious@yahoo.com (curious) wrote in
>
>> I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago.
>>
>> I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still
>> have the same Internet service.
>>
>> I used to have DSL.
>>
>> I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL
>> before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from
>> running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation.
>>
>> About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and
>> configuartion.
>>
>> A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr
>> Network Password" with the folling info:
>>
>> Server: smtp:sbcglobal.yahoo.com
>> User name: ****@sbcglobal.net
>> Password:

    I have dsl with sbc. All that software has to uninstalled in a
certain order to get it all out. That may be the problem.

Tom

0
not32 (1022)
2/23/2004 5:50:14 AM
Duane Arnold <notme@notme.com> wrote in message news:<Xns9497ED01D6BCdarnold92insightbbco@63.240.76.16>...
> heyimjustcurious@yahoo.com (curious) wrote in
>
> > I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago.
> >
> > I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still
> > have the same Internet service.
> >
> > I used to have DSL.
> >
> > I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL
> > before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from
> > running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation.
> >
> > About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and
> > configuartion.
> >
> > A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr
> > Network Password" with the folling info:
> >
> > Server: smtp:sbcglobal.yahoo.com
> > User name: ****@sbcglobal.net
> > Password:
>
> Are you using some kind of yahoo smtp email service that requires a
> username and password?

All my email accounts are yahoo accounts which I log on to at
http://www.mail.yahoo.com.

>Maybe, some software on the machine that supplies
> the information has changed.

You eman. with the new configuration by the comcast tech? Then why
didn't this start happening immediately?