SSL Server authentication, SSL client authentication, SSL connection and SSL session

Can someone please define these terms as I am struggling to find anything on
the internet about them?

SSL Server authentication
SSL client authentication
SSL connection
SSL session.

Thank you,

Johnny.

0
John4932 (6)
8/14/2006 5:05:52 PM
comp.security.misc 4155 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"Johnny" <John@adventnoSpam.com> wrote
> Can someone please define these terms as I am struggling to find anything
> on the internet about them?
>
> SSL Server authentication
> SSL client authentication

and how the above two are performed.

Thanks,

Johnny.

0
John4932 (6)
8/14/2006 5:09:56 PM
"Johnny" <John@adventnoSpam.com> writes:
>Can someone please define these terms as I am struggling to find anything on
>the internet about them?

>SSL Server authentication
>SSL client authentication
>SSL connection
>SSL session.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Sockets_Layer

0
merlyn (359)
8/14/2006 7:28:32 PM
On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:09:56 +0000, Johnny wrote:

> "Johnny" <John@adventnoSpam.com> wrote
>> Can someone please define these terms as I am struggling to find anything
>> on the internet about them?
>>
>> SSL Server authentication
>> SSL client authentication
>
> and how the above two are performed.

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2246.txt

HTH

Will.

0
wrd1 (1)
8/14/2006 9:12:46 PM
In comp.security.misc Johnny <John@adventnospam.com> wrote:
> Can someone please define these terms as I am struggling to find anything on
> the internet about them?

Please learn how to use a search engine.

Yours,
VB.
--
Ich w�rde sch�tzen, dass ca. 87% aller spontanen Sch�tzungen v�llig f�r
den Arsch sind.

	Ralph Angenendt in debate@ccc.de
0
bumens (2698)