ssh -2 CLASSPATH: Undefined variable?

I'm using Cygwin on Windows XP to "ssh -2" to OS X on a LAN. Neither
one of these machines has an environment variable called CLASSPATH (
the only one I know of is for Java, why would ssh care? ). After
logging in and the "Welcome to Darwin!" statement, it says
CLASSPATH: Undefined variable.

How can I make it stop and why does ssh care?

On Mon, Jul 7, johan antwerp inscribed on the eternal scroll:

> I'm using Cygwin on Windows XP to "ssh -2" to OS X on a LAN. Neither
> one of these machines has an environment variable called CLASSPATH (
> the only one I know of is for Java, why would ssh care? ). After
> logging in and the "Welcome to Darwin!" statement, it says
> CLASSPATH: Undefined variable.

Sounds like it's executing some kind of shell startup script
at the far end, and reporting a resulting error.

> How can I make it stop

Find out just what gets executed at shell startup, and quieten it
down.

> and why does ssh care?

ssh doesn't "care" - it's only reporting the results back to you, if
my interpretation is correct.

--
     "The operator has a long-standing problem with short formations" -
     news report about a train service - translation: the operator