[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.5 available for download

Hi all,

Thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and users, we are
pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.6.5 release. The x.6.5
release is available from the usual download location at

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/

under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit".

The doxygen documentation for the release is also available.  The
prebuilt cidlc binaries are also available.  In addition to the packages
combined of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides
source-only packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own
makefiles.

We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use
the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're
using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at:

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU,
UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward.  Overviews of our
recent progress and upcoming plans are available at:

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS
$CIAO_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 95% for the TAO tests.  Please
see:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests. As always, we appreciate your help in
resolving any remaining problems. Please see:

ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies.  Moreover, please see

for information commercial support services available from various
companies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last micro
release. Please refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files, NEWS files
or Bugzilla entries for more details on the problem and the nature of
fixes applied.

==============
Changes to ACE
==============

.. Added new Monitoring lib that can be used to store and retrieve
  counters. This is disabled by default because it is not 100%
  finished yet, with the next release it will be enabled by default

.. Fixed bug in ACE_Service_Config when it was used from a thread
  not spawned by ACE

.. Add VxWorks 6.x kernel mode with shared library support to ACE

.. Extended the implementation of Unbounded_Set, which has been
  renamed Unbounded_Set_Ex, to accept a second parameter which is
  a comparator that implements operator() which returns true if
  the items are equivalent.  Unbounded_Set has been reimplemented
  in terms of Unbounded_Set_Ex using a comparator that uses operator==,
  which captures the previous behavior.

.. Added support for Intel C++ on MacOSX

==============
Changes to TAO
==============

.. Updated TAO to comply with the IDL to C++ mapping v1.2. As a result
  CORBA::LocalObject is now refcounted by default

.. Added a new ORB parameter, -ORBAcceptErrorDelay, that controls the amount
  of time to wait before attempting to accept new connections when a
  possibly transient error occurs during accepting a new connection.

.. Fixed a bug which could lead to an ACE_ASSERT at runtime when a TAO
  is used from a thread that is not spawned using ACE

.. Added new Monitoring lib that can be used to retrieve values from
  the new Monitoring framework in ACE. This is disabled by default
  because it is not 100% finished yet, with the next release it
  will be enabled by default

.. Extended the -ORBLaneListenEndpoints commandline option to support
  *, for details see docs/Options.html

.. VxWorks 6.x kernel mode with shared library support

===============
Changes to CIAO
===============

.. None

==================
Bugzilla Issues Fixes
==================

ACE issues fixed:

1833, 2657, 3007, 3232, 3285, 3291, 3293, 3295, 3313, 3314, 3315, 3319

TAO issues fixed:

2106, 2189, 2593, 3129, 3193, 3251, 3252, 3277, 3296, 3299, 3306, 3308,
3309,
3311, 3321

CIAO issues fixed:

None