[ace-users] ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.1 available for download

Hi,

Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and
users, we are pleased to announce the latest ACE+TAO+CIAO x.7.1 Bug
Fix Only (BFO) micro release, which is available from the usual
download location at:

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/

under the heading "Latest Micro Release kit." Since this is the BFO
release, a persistent link to this release is also available under
the heading "Latest BFO Micro release."

The doxygen documentation for this release is also available, as well
as the prebuilt cidlc binaries.  In addition to the packages combined
of sources and generate makefiles, this release provides source-only
packages for developers who use MPC to generate their own makefiles.

We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please
use the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$CIAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're
using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at:

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC groups of WashU,
UCI, and Vanderbilt to move ACE+TAO+CIAO forward.  Overviews of our
recent progress and upcoming plans are available at:

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS
$CIAO_ROOT/NEWS

The recent x.7 minor release was remarkably stable, there are no user
visible changes to TAO or CIAO reported in these NEWS files.

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 94% for the TAO tests.
Please see:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests. As always, we appreciate your help in
resolving any remaining problems. Please see:

ACE_ROOT/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies.  Moreover, please see

for information commercial support services available from various
companies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last micro
release. Please refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files, NEWS files
or Bugzilla entries for more details on the problem and the nature of
fixes applied.

==============
Changes to ACE
==============

.. Added support for Sun Studio 12 Update Pack 1

.. Fixed compile problems when using Windows CE x86 release mode

.. Fixed compile problems for FreeBSD

==============
Changes to TAO
==============

.. Improved Unicode compatibility.

.. Improved service configuration processing.

===============
Changes to CIAO
===============

.. No user-visible changes in this release.

.. Major improvements to CIAO to be available in the upcoming x.7.2 release.

=====================
Bugzilla Issues Fixed
=====================

2 ACE bugs fixed:
3705 ACE on Win32 with ACE_USES_WCHAR hides Unicode BOM
3708 Changes to LIB variable break non-MPC builds

3 TAO bugs fixed:
3333 Relative Roundtrip Timeout: It doesn't when forwarding and
transparent reinvocation enter the mix
3630 CORBA::ORB_init will fail when using -ORBSvcConf option where path
(or conf filename) to conf file contains a space.
3704 Servers with blocking flushing strategy can loop with 100% CPU usage

No CIAO bugs fixed.

--
Phil Mesnier
Principal Software Engineer and Partner,    http://www.ociweb.com