[ace-users] test program failed on running Static library of ACE 5.3.1 on AMD 64 Windows platform

Hi Meenakshi,

> I tried building ACE 5.3.1 on an AMD 64 bit Windows platform.

Please make sure you fill out the appropriate problem report form
(PRF), which is in

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

or in

$ACE_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/BUG-REPORT-FORM

in older versions of ACE+TAO.  Make sure to include this information
when asking any questions about ACE+TAO since otherwise we have to
"guess" what version/platform/compiler/options you've using, which is
error-prone and slows down our responsiveness.

> After that I tried to run the following test program with static ace
> release library (aces.lib).  The output was always some junk and
> debugging gave me a hint that as soon as ::set fn. is called the
> parameter values become, invalid looks like a stack corruption.  > I
> verfied that the library did get built successfully on AMD64
> platform by doing needed build changes.

You're using an old version of ACE, so I recommend upgrading to ACE
5.4.2, which is available at

http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/Download.html

If you need to stay with ACE 5.3.1 please contact one of the companies
listed at

http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/commercial-support.html

for help.

Thanks,