ACE 6.4.0 and TAO 2.4.0 released

Hi all,

Once again, thanks to the efforts of many developers, testers, and
users, we are pleased to announce the minor release
of ACE 6.4.0 and TAO 2.4.0 which is available from the usual
download location at:

http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/

under the heading "Latest Release".

Or from the github release page at:

https://github.com/DOCGroup/ACE_TAO/releases/tag/ACE%2BTAO-6_4_0

The doxygen documentation for this release is also available.  In
addition to the packages combined of sources and generate makefiles,
this release provides source-only packages for developers who use MPC to
generate their own makefiles.

We encourage you to download the new release, use it with your
applications, and let us know if you encounter any problems. Please use the:

$ACE_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$MPC_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM
$TAO_ROOT/PROBLEM-REPORT-FORM

so that we have the proper version/platform/compiler/options you're
using to report problems. We also request that you take a look at:

$TAO_ROOT/docs/releasenotes/

for the status of various ongoing projects at the DOC group of
Vanderbilt to move ACE and TAO forward.  Overviews of our recent
progress and upcoming plans are available at:

$ACE_ROOT/NEWS
$TAO_ROOT/NEWS

The overall success rates for the test results gathered from all our
daily builds is 98% for the ACE tests and 98% for the TAO tests.

Please see:

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/scoreboard/

for a summary of these tests.  As always, we appreciate your help in
resolving any remaining problems. Please see:

ACE_wrappers/docs/ACE-bug-process.html

for an overview of our bug fixing policies.  Moreover, please see:

for information commercial support services available from various
companies.

The following is a list of key changes since the last major release.
Please refer to the corresponding ChangeLog files, NEWS files, or
Bugzilla entries for more details on the problem and the nature of fixes
applied.

==============
Changes to ACE
==============

.. Added support for obtaining the micro version number

.. Reduced include of ace/Auto_Ptr.h in header files

==============
Changes to TAO
==============

.. None

=====================
Bugzilla Issues Fixed
=====================

0 MPC bugzilla issue fixed:

0 ACE bugzilla issues fixed:

0 TAO bugzilla issues fixed:
0
Johnny

On Monday, July 4, 2016 at 1:19:15 AM UTC-7, Johnny Willemsen wrote:
> [...]
> applied.
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> Changes to ACE
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>=20
> . Added support for obtaining the micro version number
>=20
> . Reduced include of ace/Auto_Ptr.h in header files
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> Changes to TAO
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>=20
> . None
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> Bugzilla Issues Fixed
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Of course once again ACE+TAO no longer compiles on SPARC with Solaris Studi=
o Compilers. I guess you've decided it's no longer worth supporting with So=
laris Studio. Someone needs to remove the reference to supporting Solaris S=
tudio 12.4 in the documentation. Although 12.5 is now released.
0
David