Re: [ace-users] ACE Tests FAIL on Windows XP / Cygwin / gcc 3.4.4

Hi,

Thanks for using the prf form. This is a known issue, Cygwin support is
experimental and not ready for production. Have a look at the link below, we
do as Remedy IT a daily build with Cygwin but disabled the tests last
november because they caused problems on our build system. We did fix a lot
of issues in the past but we haven't continued with that because we had no
funding for the Cygwin port. Please deliver patches to improve the cygwin
support or hire commercial support to improve the Cygwin port.

http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~remedynl/teststat/builds/WinXP_Cygwin_GCC_3_4
_4_ACE.html

Regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT
Postbus 101
2650 AC  Berkel en Rodenrijs
The Netherlands
www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl

"nitin" <g6nitin@gmail.com> wrote in message

>    ACE VERSION: 5.5
>
>     HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP
> Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2
>         If on Windows based OS's, which version of WINSOCK do you
>         use?:
>         Version 3.10.0.103
>

>     TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST:
>     COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL):
>
>    Cygwin 1.5.23-2 and gcc version 3.4.4
>
>     THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE [if you use a link to a platform-
>     specific file, simply state which one]:
>
> #include "ace/config-cygwin32.h"
>
>     THE $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU FILE [if you
>     use a link to a platform-specific file, simply state which one
>     (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft Visual
>     C++)]:
>
> include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_cygwin32.GNU
>
>     CONTENTS OF
> $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features
>     (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles):
>
>     AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED:
> [What example failed?  What module failed to compile?]
>
> ACE Tests compile and link fine but none of the tests execute properly.
>

>     DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT:
>         COMPILATION? NO
>         LINKING? NO
>             On Unix systems, did you run make realclean first?
>         EXECUTION? YES
>         OTHER (please specify)?
> [Please indicate whether ACE, your application, or both are affected.]
>
>     SYNOPSIS:
> [Brief description of the problem]
>
> All ACE Tests FAIL with exit status 53

> [Detailed description of problem.  Don't just say "<blah>
> doesn't work, here's a fix," explain what your program does
> to get to the <blah> state. ]
>
> I ran the tests in $ACE_ROOT/tests using perl run_test.pl  and this is
> an example of the results:
>
> auto_run_tests_finished: test/Upgradable_RW_Test Time:1s Result:53
> Error: No log file (log/Upgradable_RW_Test.log) is present
> auto_run_tests: tests/Vector_Test
> Error: Vector_Test FAILED with exit status 53
>
> auto_run_tests_finished: test/Vector_Test Time:1s Result:53
> Error: No log file (log/Vector_Test.log) is present
> auto_run_tests: tests/WFMO_Reactor_Test
> Error: WFMO_Reactor_Test FAILED with exit status 53
>
> auto_run_tests_finished: test/WFMO_Reactor_Test Time:1s Result:53
> Error: No log file (log/WFMO_Reactor_Test.log) is present
> auto_run_tests: tests/INET_Addr_Test_IPV6
> Error: INET_Addr_Test_IPV6 FAILED with exit status 53
>
> auto_run_tests_finished: test/INET_Addr_Test_IPV6 Time:1s Result:53
> Error: No log file (log/INET_Addr_Test_IPV6.log) is present
> auto_run_tests: tests/Max_Default_Port_Test_IPV6
> Error: Max_Default_Port_Test_IPV6 FAILED with exit status 53
>
> auto_run_tests_finished: test/Max_Default_Port_Test_IPV6 Time:1s
> Result:53
> Error: No log file (log/Max_Default_Port_Test_IPV6.log) is present
> auto_run_tests: tests/Multicast_Test_IPV6
> [...]

0
Johnny