Using the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as part of Style[]?

Hello -> All,

Is there any way to use the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as part
of Style[]?

I am writing a chess program that could really make use of the Chess fonts.
However, it seems that these fonts can only be added on somewhat
superficially, by changing the font of already generated output. I don't see
a way for a function to display them directly, without a human being going
into the Font menu.

Thanks a10^6,
Jason

Jason Ebaugh, PhD.

Personal communications: ebaughjason@gmail.com
Business communications: jason.ebaugh@apisscientific.com
Dissertation: http://hdl.handle.net/2142/13005
Linkedin:
http://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=22842228&locale=en_US&trk=tab_pro
Looking for contract IT work?:
www.apisscientific.com<http://www.apisscientific.com/>

0
Jason

Use the FontFamily option in Style:

Style[FromCharacterCode[Range[256]], FontFamily -> "WingDings"]

(the Wingdings font used in this example should be present on your
system, of course)

Cheers -- Sjoerd

On Nov 1, 11:00 am, Jason Ebaugh <ebaughja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello -> All,
>
> Is there any way to use the fonts available in the Format>Font menu as pa=
rt
> of Style[]?
>
> I am writing a chess program that could really make use of the Chess font=
s.
> However, it seems that these fonts can only be added on somewhat
> superficially, by changing the font of already generated output. I don't =
see
> a way for a function to display them directly, without a human being goin=
> into the Font menu.
>
> Thanks a10^6,
> Jason
>
> Jason Ebaugh, PhD.