Running .sce files in command line - Windows and UNIX

Hi,

I have a very basic question that I haven't been able to find an
answer to online. Am new to SCILAB, and am running it on both a
Windows (Vista) and a UNIX system. I have an .sce file that I am
trying to execute within the terminal (in both these OS's) - and am
unable to find the syntax to do so under either platform.

Would be very grateful for any ideas. I currently am trying "scilab -f
x.sce" (with the right path) but to no avail. Does the .sce file need
to end with "exit" if I want to run it entirely within the terminal?
Can the -nw option help?

Thanks so much,

Shruthi
0
Shruthi
12/30/2008 7:20:09 PM
comp.soft-sys.math.scilab 12092 articles. 2 followers. d_k (3) is leader. Post Follow

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:20:09 -0800, Shruthi Jayaram wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a very basic question that I haven't been able to find an answer
> to online. Am new to SCILAB, and am running it on both a Windows (Vista)
> and a UNIX system. I have an .sce file that I am trying to execute
> within the terminal (in both these OS's) - and am unable to find the
> syntax to do so under either platform.
>
> Would be very grateful for any ideas. I currently am trying "scilab -f
> x.sce" (with the right path) but to no avail. Does the .sce file need to
> end with "exit" if I want to run it entirely within the terminal? Can
> the -nw option help?
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Shruthi

Yes it needs to have an "exit" at the end (so it needs to be specially
designed to run from a terminal), and the -nw can speed things up.

If you want to run the scrip both inside and outside of a terminal, you
have to make a wrapper script with the "exit", or you have to be clever
about figuring out what the command line parameters were.

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim