a dot on top of a character for annotation

HI everyone,
    I am currently stuck by a problem of putting a dot on top of a
character for graph annotation. I only knew the command for
subscripta nd superscript. Is there a command for head, such as
putting a dot as the head? Thank you.

Try something like text('Interpreter','latex','String','$$\dot{x}$$')

For more info, see:

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/creating_plots/f0-28104.html

Hope this helps,

Arnaud