Avoid Matlab engine splash screen

Hi there,

Is there a way of avoiding the matlab *splash screen* when connecting to an
engine session? i.e.

#include "engine.h"
int main(...)
  engOpen("\0");
  ... /// SNAPSHOT TAKEN: http://pic.twitter.com/JzBtV2WX
}

Also, it does take a while to load every time I start my application. Can I
have a pre-loaded engine somewhere and simply connecting to it rather
than running it from scratch?

Thanks a lot for the feedback

I would doubt it.  It would probably violate the license agreement,
but I'm not sure.

And when would you preload this engine?  Days before?  Won't the users
still see it at some point, especially if you do it soon before they
run it?
0
imageanalyst (7621)
4/6/2012 12:52:39 PM
> I would doubt it.  It would probably violate the license agreement,
> but I'm not sure.

It's just not subtle at all.. When you start matlab you can tell it --nosplash, I am wondering whether the same thing can be done for the engine. It's not that the user wouldn't know.. he has to have matlab installed! :|

> And when would you preload this engine?  Days before?  Won't the users
> still see it at some point, especially if you do it soon before they
> run it?

If I could pre-load an engine session on an external server, then I could just connect to an already opened session without having to wait for the relatively long initialization time which I currently incur into at every startup...

Inside your matlab engine file open engine using following arguments:

 engOpen("matlab -nosplash")
0
Michael

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Matlab Engine with Matlab Runtime Component ?
Hi, I have a c++ application which uses Matlab engine to save data for further use with Matlab. I need to distribute the application to users that do not have Matlab. Is there a way tp use Matlab Engine with Matlab Runtime Component ? How should I change the compilation to do it ? Thanks, Ofra ...

Matlab Splash Screen
Does anyone know if it's possible and how to edit the Matlab splash screen that appears during startup? I am running Matlab on a Windows machine. Thanks, Jason The most you can do is disable it, but the source code for generating the surface resides somewhere in the demos directory. Perhaps you can override it somehow, but I doubt it. What are you trying to do this for anyway? Roy "Jason Merrill" <jason.s.merrill@dartmouth.edu> wrote in message news:eed79d1.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Does anyone know if it's possible and how to edit the Matlab splash > screen ...

Do MATLAB Component Runtime come with Matlab Engine?
Hi, I have a MATLAB Component Runtime installation for Matlab v7.2. 1) I want to know if this installation contains Matlab Engine? 2) Or do I need the complete package that contains Matlab IDE also. 3) In this installation it does not have Matlab.exe. 4) Now I want to use API calls available in Matlab to call functions COHERE used to find Coherence and TFE to calculate Transfe function are needed. These functions are available in the MATLAB S toolbox) The operations required are: 1) I have to call and/or initialize MATLAB from windows form create using C#. 2) Then pass the two a...

Do MATLAB Component Runtime come with Matlab Engine?
Hi, I have a MATLAB Component Runtime installation for Matlab v7.2. 1) I want to know if this installation contains Matlab Engine? 2) Or do I need the complete package that contains Matlab IDE also. 3) In this installation it does not have Matlab.exe. 4) Now I want to use API calls available in Matlab to call functions COHERE used to find Coherence and TFE to calculate Transfer function are needed. These functions are available in the MATLAB SP toolbox) The operations required are: 1) I have to call and/or initialize MATLAB from windows form created using C#. 2) Then pass the two array...

Check for matlab error from Matlab Engine call
Hi, I am using the matlab engine from a C++ program. I call engEvalString() and check for the return value, but the result is zero, even if a Matlab error (like "Undefined function or variable '...') occurs. Is there any way to find out if a Matlab error occured? Thanks, Philipp ...

Debugging matlab with emacs and avoiding matlab editor
I am using matlab mode in emacs to run matlab without using any of the matlab buildt in GUI. However, when I use debugging eg. "dbstop error" the matlab editor opens. Does anyone know how to avoid this? -- Associate Prof. Ph.D Torben Knudsen Mobile : (+45) 2787 9826 Section of Automation and Control, Direct : 6 8694 Department of Electronic Systems, Email : tk@es.aau.dk Aalborg University Fredrik Bajersvej 7 DK-9220 Aalborg � Denmark On 10 Sep, 13:48, Torben Knudsen <t...@es.aau.dk> wrote: > I am using matlab mode in emacs to run matlab without using any of the >...

using breakpoints in C + matlab application (Matlab Engine)
Hi, i'm executing Matlab scripts from my C++ application using Matlab engine. my problem is with putting breakpoint in the Matlab script. when i put a breakpoint in the script, the program indeed stops at the breakpoint, but everything is stuck, and it is impposible to proceed executing the program (C++ and the Matlab script) Regards, Moish Frankel GSM modems and Signal Processing Texas Instruments moish@ti.com ...

MATLAB talking to MATLAB?
For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) talking to a server program (also MATLAB executable) to query data. Is there any easy way to accomplish that? I appreciate any help that I can get on that. Thanks. Cheers, Hoi Oops, I forgot to mention. There are multiple clients querying the server, so I guess serial objects + remote serial port wouldn't work. "Hoi Wong" <wonghoi.ee@gmail.com_> wrote in message news:f3ald6$gg4$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > For my project, I need to have a client program (MATLAB executable) > talking to a ser...

Passing function arguments to Matlab via Matlab Engine
If someone can help me here , it will be greatly appreciated ... I was able to set up the Matlab Engine Call via C properly without any issues.. , done it via a C function calll .. something like this ... : ////////////////////////////////////////////////// #include <math.h> ..... int matlab_call(double Amp) { Engine *ep; mxArray *A = NULL, *result = NULL; if (!(ep = engOpen(""))) { fprintf(stderr, "\nCan't start MATLAB engine\n"); return EXIT_FAILURE; } ... } ////////////////////////////////////////////////// Now i want to...

Run Matlab ... from Matlab
Hello, Is there any limitation to run Matlab from Matlab, as a system command, on Linux platforms ? I tried to start Matlab, both using the ! syntax (!matlab&) or the system command (system('matlab&')), the Matlab splash screen appears, but the new Matlab session closes rapidly . When I do the same with a script of mine (system('matlab -r "myscript"&')), my script is being executed, but Matlab finally crashes . If I remove the &, it works well, but the first Matlab session is blocked till I close the second one . I run Matlab on a Linux 64bits pla...

matlab calling DLL vs. .exe calling matlab engine
Hello, I'm writing an 3D image recognition which sends commands via RS232 to a Robot which moves to the point in 3D. The problem is the serial interface: sending string commands via serial/fprintf is very slow (I really don't know what matlab makes before sending them) in comparison to e.g. Windows hyperterminal. My question is if it is better to execute a dll out of Matlab-code doing the serial things or viceversus writing a program in c++ which uses the matlab-engine ? What could be the fastest way? What are advantages/disadvantages ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanc...

MLApp (Matlab API Engine) running without Matlab IDE
Is it a possible (and how) to run Application (written in C#) on a maschine that has just MCR (Matlab Component Runtime)? Details> I am integrating Matlab COM with .NET. Everything works fine od development maschine (with 2007a). But when I deploy my scenario on production maschine (that only has MCR installed) I get error: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {A052DEB6-24BF-4425-B4AE-E8C55D264566} failed due to the following error: 80040154. Best regards, Veroljub Zmijanac, intership in Robert Bosch GmbH ...

How to call matlab functions directly from C++ /without calling matlab engine
How to call matlab functions directly from C++ without calling matlab engine. as it is described in this tutorial: http://www.codeproject.com/samples/matlab_cpp.asp I have tried to do something similar in Visual Studio 2005 [Matlab 7, r14] #include <mclcppclass.h> .... mwArray A, B, C; A = magic(mwArray(5)); B = transpose(A); .... but it doesn't compile. I got following errors: error C3861: 'magic': identifier not found error C3861: 'transpose': identifier not found etc... I was looking for header files with declarations of this functions in matlab directory...

Web resources about - Avoid Matlab engine splash screen - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

MATLAB - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MATLAB ( mat rix lab oratory) is a numerical computing environment and fourth-generation programming language . Developed by MathWorks , MATLAB ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
about dmoz - help Top : Science : Math : Software : MATLAB Submit here webpages that explain and illustrate how to use MATLAB. Sites that cover ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...

Matlab 6.5
After several years' absence, Matlab 6.5, comes back to the Mac. This is exceptionally good news for science and engineering labs with a code ...