Binary to image in Matlab

Dear All,

I have 4000 x 3000 - 16-bit data stored as a binary file which I want
to display as an image. How do I read this file into matlab and
convert the binary file to image file (jpg,png,bmp - any format will
do)?

Bye,
Satish

Sat <satish.isro@gmail.com> wrote in message <6dcd0330-bfb5-4c99-b442-24ca90b39984@x1g2000prh.googlegroups.com>...
> Dear All,
>
> I have 4000 x 3000 - 16-bit data stored as a binary file which I want
> to display as an image. How do I read this file into matlab and
> convert the binary file to image file (jpg,png,bmp - any format will
> do)?
>
> Bye,
> Satish

Hi Sat!

Why not using this tool on the internet:

http://www.ryanwestafer.com/stuff/bin2img.php

Hope this help you quick!

Best regards,

Michael
0
mihaispr (1097)
6/12/2009 7:14:02 AM
Sat <satish.isro@gmail.com> wrote in message <6dcd0330-bfb5-4c99-b442-24ca90b39984@x1g2000prh.googlegroups.com>...
> Dear All,
>
> I have 4000 x 3000 - 16-bit data stored as a binary file which I want
> to display as an image. How do I read this file into matlab and
> convert the binary file to image file (jpg,png,bmp - any format will
> do)?
>
> Bye,
> Satish

So you don't have to use matlab I wait to tell me that it's working with that link!

Best regards,

Michael(Sprinceana)
0
mihaispr (1097)
6/12/2009 7:15:19 AM
On Jun 12, 3:04=A0am, Sat <satish.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have 4000 x 3000 - 16-bit data stored as a binary file which I want
> to display as an image. How do I read this file into matlab and
> convert the binary file to image file (jpg,png,bmp - any format will
> do)?
>
> Bye,
> Satish

If it's one of the well known formats, just read it into an array with
imread().  If it's some proprietary format, you need to get the
documentation for the format and use fread() to read it into an
array.  Once it's in an array, well, that is your image.  In MATLAB an
array is an image.
0
imageanalyst (7621)