Calling java class from matlab #2

Hello all,
              I need to call java class from m file. I included the
javapath in classpath.txt, when i run the m file i get an error msg.

??? Error using ==> javaObjectEDT
No class Main.class can be located on Java class path

Error in ==> primary_pat4 at 313
javaObjectEDT('Main.class');

Can anybody help me to solve this problem.
0
niratha (1)

Niratha

The javaObjectEDT function expect a class name, not the filename. If you did not have a fully qualified class name like : com.mycompany.project.Main, you probably can use 'Main' instead of 'Main.class'. Just make sure your classpath is properly set with MATLAB.

Good luck,
Ed.
0
ekyu88 (83)

Debugging java class called from Matlab
Hello all, I wish to debug a Java class that I call from Matlab. Is there any way to connect Eclipse (or something else) to set debuggable breakpoints in my Java code? (simple system.out.println works of course, but I need a more heavy-duty debugger) Thanks, Yair Altman "Yair Altman" <altmanyDEL@gmailDEL.comDEL> wrote in message <fb1gnk$5o4$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello all, > > I wish to debug a Java class that I call from Matlab. Is > there any way to connect Eclipse (or something else) to set > debuggable breakpoints in my Java code? > > (simple system.out.println works of course, but I need a > more heavy-duty debugger) > > Thanks, > Yair Altman Hi Yair, I just figured out how to do it for MATLAB 7R14 (should work for later versions) and Eclipse (I'm using JBuilder 2007, which is Eclipse 3.2.2). Here is how: 1) Create a Eclipse project (you must use JDK 1.5 or above) to include the source code of your java classes, remember the directory where you put the output classes when you define your project. 2) Add the following flags in java.opts in directory %MATLAB_ROO%\bin\arch. -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=1044,server=y,suspend=n 3) In your eclipse project, define a debug configuration. For me, I've to add a "Remote Java Application" configuration. In the "Connection Type" field, use "Standard (Socket Attach)". Then use "localhost" for field ...

integrating java and matlab #2
hi, i'm implementing a neural network, but i'm new to matlab. Currently i have implemented the gui in java and i want to integrate it with matlab to add the neural network functionalities. i have been using matlabcontrol for integrating matlab with java. Has anyone used matlabcontrol for implementing a neural network and is it successful?? are there any other mechanisms you have used? thank you very much for your kind attention Pubudu, You are on the right track... There are other options such as JNI... You can search for it in the forum here... Good Luck! Ed. ...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

Error installer class during installation Matlab 7. Help me!! #2
I try to install Matlab 7 but, after splash screen, (before install menu) i have a following error: INSTALLER ERROR Error finding installer class. An exception occurred while looking for class How can i solve this problem?(the installation ends!!) Help me, please!! "will" <stives@libero.it> wrote in message news:ef16a6b.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... >I try to install Matlab 7 but, after splash screen, (before install > menu) i have a following error: > > INSTALLER ERROR > Error finding installer class. An exception occurred while looking > for class > > How can i solve this problem?(the installation ends!!) > Help me, please!! Since this is an example of product support request your first try should be http://www.mathworks.com/support/ See what the search engine returns for "installer error". Thanks,Markus. I find this solution but i don't understood how i can solve this problem: Subject: Why do I receive "Error finding installer class" when I try to install MATLAB 7.0.1 (R14SP2) or 7.0.4 (R14SP2) on my Windows machine? Problem Description: When starting the installer for MATLAB on my Windows machine it first copies its Java Virtual Machine to my system. After that the installer launches and I see the splash screen. Then I get the following error message: Error finding installer class. An exception occurred while looking for class. Solution: This bug has been fixed in Release 14 Service Pack 3 (R14SP3)....

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of >'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft >decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m 2-3 >db gain over hard decoding... >any one having insight please let me know. >thanks > > %%% Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e [5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3. Chintan ...

interfacing C++ classes defined in a .h and a .cpp file with Matlab #2
Hello, I have a C++ class defined in 2 files: - a header (class_name.h), with the function prototypes and member variables etc. - a c++ file (class_name.cpp), with the description of the functions in the class. This file must be compiled and I compile it in C++. That is how a class is described like in C++ and all C++ coders know that. I have a function in the file function.h that uses the class. I want to use the result of this function in Matlab, so I build an interface in the file MCI.cpp. I define the function in a header file so, I can include it in the MCI.cpp file. When I compile MCI.cpp in Matlab, I get "undefined reference to the constructor (and other functions I use) from the class_name.cpp file" errors. Now, if I define the class in one file class_name.h and include this in function.h, which I include in MCI.cpp, all works. But, in this case, the class is described in a very "ugly" way, that no C++ coder would accept. So, how do I interface Matlab with C++ functions that use C++ classes defined in 2 files (one header and one cpp file)? ...

HIPERLAN/2 PHY layer simulator on Matlab #2
Thanks Laki, ur answer could be right if I apply the effect of the channel to the signal then i add the noise, but what i do is adding the noise efect first then applying the channel effect to the sum (signal+noise), to get channel*(signal+noise), so after equalization i'd have ---> (channel*(signal+noise))/channel -- > signal+noise. hope u got what i mean .! thanks alot Laki for ur participation Hany Hany That's an interesting way to model the system, but i'll come back to that. What I think you're trying to do is this H*S / H_est = S where H = channel and H_est is the channel estimate (therefore inv(H_est) represents the inverse channel which you're calling an equaliser). Now, have you tried looking at the result of simply convolving the channel and the equaliser? H / H_est = 1 What do you get out of this? If that is difficult to obtain, then can you substitute the signal S for an impulse function (no noise) and examine the signal at the output of the equaliser? What do you get? The reason i say that it's an interesting way to model the system, is because you seem to be adding noise prior to the channel. One form of noise is typically added to model the thermal noise effects at the receiver. What you're doing it seems is receiving the signal noiselessly and are adding noise at the output of the transmitter. Now, this may not be a bad thing, because you could be trying to model some form of interference, but you haven&...

VI crashs when calling CIN that calls a Matlab dll by lsb that do casting
The problem: A VI that includes a CIN calls a different DLL that was compiled by Matlab 6.5, using an LSB file that performs type casting for Matlab mxArray type variables. &nbsp; The VI crashs when entering the CIN. It seems the code crashs whenever we attempt to access pointers returned by the Matlab DLL. &nbsp; The same VI with the same LSB and Matlab DLL runs correctly in LabVIEW 7.1.1. The Matlab DLL was compiled via the Matlab MCC command. We also compiled the LSB using LabVIEW 8.5 - Multithreaded DLL + 1 byte alignment, via VC 6.0 - this didn't solve the problem. There are no int64 variables. We tried to remove the complex 128 and float64 variables and change them to float without success. We also compiled the LSB using LabVIEW 8.5 - Singlethreaded* + 1 byte alignment or Debug Singlethreaded + 1 byte alignment - again with no success. &nbsp; I have notice that the lvsbutil.exe from the cintools directory was change in 8.5 comparing his size to 7.1.1 and now it is no longer possible to run it from the command line. Any help on how to use it in labview 8.5? &nbsp; If needed i can post the C source code &nbsp; Thanks &nbsp;Lior Hello JamesR, Thank you for your replay, I tried to to follow you suggestion using the lvsbutil.exe&nbsp;from Labview 8.2.1 (I don't have 8.2) but with no result. The vi is still crashing. I notice that the lvsbutil.exe in Labview 8.2.1 &nbsp;is much smaller than 8.5 or 7.1.1 (196kb) Do you have any more sug...

Matlab no Java Machine
Do you know how to forbid Java Machine in Matlab? I use PC not Unix. Thanks. Hi, start MATLAB with the -nojvm flag http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_env/f8-4994.html J�r�me ...

loop in Matlab #2
Hello, I am very stupid to ask this. I have a matrix A and want a new matrix B. I explained below what it is: A= 1 y1 2 y2 3 y3 4 y4 B= -2 y4 5 y5 I want to transform -1 y5 6 y6 ---------------------------------------------> 0 y6 7 y7 only X coordinates +1 y7 8 y8 and out put matrix +2 y8 9 y9 have this form +3 y9 10 y10 +4 y10 11 y11 12 y12 the provided info: index boundaries (upper and lower, here 4 & 10) and index to be set zero (here 6). I would like to know how to implement this in Matlab where upper, lower and index-set-zero should be variable. Can Anyone help me. Awaiting for your response. Thanks Somnath Karmakar wrote: > Hello, I am very stupid to ask this. I have a matrix A and want a new > matrix B. I explained below what it is: ....elided for brevity... > the provided info: index boundaries (upper and lower, here 4 & 10) > and index to be set zero (here 6). I would like to know how to > implement this in Matlab where upper, lower and index-set-zero should > be variable. Can Anyone help me. Awaiting for your response. Thanks >> % straight-ahead solution >> a=[(1:1...

Can Matlab do this? #2
Can this be done in Matlab? This is a paragraph, there are equations... if we display it in Latex, we have to add (manually) /begin{equation}, and /end{equation} in front of and after the equations.. Is there a way that we can use Matlab to do a script that automatically do the translation? Output should be able to directly shown in Latex... -------------------------------------- Your series was f(t) = 1 + 4/pi sum_{n=0}^infty (-1)^(n+1)/(2n+1) cos((2n+1) pi t/2) Note that cos((2n+1) pi t/2) = Re exp((2n+1) pi i t/2). So let's find sum_{n=0}^infty (-1)^(n+1)/(2n+1) exp((2n+1) pi i t/2). This is g(w) = sum_{n=0}^infty (-1)^(n+1) w^(2n+1)/(2n+1) where w = exp(pi i t/2). --------------- "kiki" <lunaliu3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:dgpn3q$80c$1@news.Stanford.EDU... > Can this be done in Matlab? > > > This is a paragraph, > > there are equations... > > if we display it in Latex, we have to add (manually) > /begin{equation}, and /end{equation} > in front of and after the equations.. Aaah, I just found we don't need "/begin{equation}" and "/end{equation}", .... just need "$$", "$$"... more thoughts now? > > Is there a way that we can use Matlab to do a script that automatically do > the translation? > > Output should be able to directly shown in Latex... > > -------------------------------------- > > > > Your series was > f(t...

Java Objects in Matlab
All, I understand from Matlab docs that Java objects in Matlab are reference assignments. For example: myDate = java.util.Date; setHours(myDate, 10) newDate = myDate; setHours(newDate, 8) Then myDate.getHours will return: 8 What I don't understand is why then, if I clear myDate, As in the following: myDate = java.util.Date; setHours(myDate, 10); newDate = myDate; setHours(newDate, 8); myDate.getHours; mydate = []; newDate newDate still exists. If it's a reference, shouldn't it be gone. Or is it? Run this and you will see : newDate = Thu Mar 25 08:03:22 EDT 2010 Any help is appreciated JoeyB <joseph.burgel@gm.com> wrote in message <c62f69aa-56a8-4569-8f0f-e8e356490617@h18g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>... > All, > > I understand from Matlab docs that Java objects in Matlab are > reference assignments. For example: > > myDate = java.util.Date; > setHours(myDate, 10) > newDate = myDate; > setHours(newDate, 8) > > Then > myDate.getHours > will return: 8 > > What I don't understand is why then, if I clear myDate, As in the > following: > > myDate = java.util.Date; > setHours(myDate, 10); > newDate = myDate; > setHours(newDate, 8); > myDate.getHours; > mydate = []; > newDate > > newDate still exists. If it's a reference, shouldn't it be gone. Or is > it? Run this and you will see : > > ...

@directories of Matlab classes
Hello, I generate with Matlab Simulink auto code (RTW). To access to some #defines in the hand code it was necessary to create a new custom storage. So I created a new Package with the dataclassdesinger and added my custom storage class. And a directory starting with @ that contains my class description was generated. Ok fine it works. But now I tried to Check in this package in our source code management system. And it not allowed my check in directories and filenames containing @. My question is now it is possible to change the directory, or save the class description in a mat file and load it form there. Thanks in advance. Jochen Just a thought... If you're developing on Linux or UNIX, you could just create symbolic links for these directories without the @ characters and then check the files into source control via the symbolic link path instead of the regular path. -Matt Jochen Spruck wrote: > > > Hello, > > I generate with Matlab Simulink auto code (RTW). To access to some > #defines in the hand code it was necessary to create a new custom > storage. So I created a new Package with the dataclassdesinger and > added my custom storage class. And a directory starting with @ that > contains my class description was generated. Ok fine it works. > > But now I tried to Check in this package in our source code > management system. And it not allowed my check in directories and > filenames containing @. > > My question is...

Need help for a matlab mini project

Running java code in Matlab
class HelloWorld { public static void main(String[] args) { System.out.println("Hello World!"); } } Q1. How do I run this 'Hello World' program on Matlab ? Please help !! Q2. Is it possible to know the actual coding behind the functions in Matlab ? Thank you ! "Animesh Pandey" <apanimesh061@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ije0hs$s5b$1@fred.mathworks.com... > class HelloWorld { public static void main(String[] args) { > System.out.println("Hello World!"); } } > Q1. How do I run this 'Hello World' program on Matlab ? Please help !! http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_external/f44062.html > Q2. Is it possible to know the actual coding behind the functions in > Matlab ? It depends on the function. If the function is implemented as a MATLAB function file (with the .m extension) or as a MEX-file for which we provide the source code, yes. If not, no. -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com > "Animesh Pandey" <apanimesh061@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:ije0hs$s5b$1@fred.mathworks.com... > > class HelloWorld { public static void main(String[] args) { > > System.out.println("Hello World!"); } } > > Q1. How do I run this 'Hello World' program on Matlab ? Please help !! > > http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc...

speeding up a matlab code
for k=1:N i=2*(S(k,1)-1)+S(k,2); j=2*(S(k,3)-1)+S(k,4); K(i,j)=S(k,5); if i~=j K(j,i)=S(k,5); end end When I run this code, the computing time is too long. N is above 50000 and S has the format such as 1,1, 1,1, 1.585900137629461e+05 1,2, 1,1, -2.114533516839282e+04 2,1, 1,1, 1.057266758419613e+04 2,2, 1,1, 2.114533516839282e+04 52,1, 1,1, 9.515400825776765e+04 52,2, 1,1, -2.114533516839251e+04 53,1, 1,1, -1.057266758419608e+04 53,2, 1,1, 2.114533516839250e+04 1,2, 1,2, 9.867823078583316e+04 2,1, 1,2, 2.114533516839283e+04 2,2, 1,2, 4.933911539291625e+04 52,1, 1,2, 2.114533516839251e+04 52,2, 1,2, -3.524222528065469e+04 53,1, 1,2, 1.057266758419644e+05 53,2, 1,2, -1.127751208980947e+05 .... I think there could be a way to speed up this code. I appreciate if someone help me to reduce the computing time of this code. S=[1,1, 1,1, 1.585900137629461e+05 1,2, 1,1, -2.114533516839282e+04 2,1, 1,1, 1.057266758419613e+04 2,2, 1,1, 2.114533516839282e+04 52,1, 1,1, 9.515400825776765e+04 52,2, 1,1, -2.114533516839251e+04 53,1, 1,1, -1.057266758419608e+04 53,2, 1,1, 2.114533516839250e+04 1,2, 1,2, 9.867823078583316e+04 2,1, 1,2, 2.114533516839283e+04 2,2, 1,2, 4.933911539291625e+04 52,1, 1,2, 2.114533516839251e+04 52,2, 1,2, -3.524222528065469e+04 53,1, 1,2, 1.057266758419644e+05 53,2, 1,2, -1.127751208980947e+05] i=2*(S(:,1)-1)+S(:,2); j=2*(S(:,3)-1)+S(:,4); s = S(:,5); s = [s; s]; [i j] = deal(...

Matlab function #2 387622
I have this function but when I called like [y z] = lab2_15192572_fun(-0.8) it gives me repeated answer and I am not sure whether it is the right answer or not. The answer is z = 1.6400 y = -0.3600 y = -0.3600 z = 1.6400 Is my function structure wrong? function [y,z] = lab2_15192572_fun(x) if abs(x) < 2 z = x^2 + 1 y = x^2 - 1 elseif 2< abs(x) <= 4 z = 1/(x^2 + 1) y = 1/(x^2 - 1) else z = cos(x) y = sin(x) end Mario Fatafehi wrote: elseif 2< abs(x) <= 4 2 < abs(x) will return either 0 (false) or 1 (true). You then check to see if that 0 or 1 is <= 4, which of course it is. If you want to check to see if a number is in a range, code both halves of the test, 2 < abs(x) && abs(x) <= 4 Walter Roberson <roberson@hushmail.com> wrote in message <hoeurm$nga$1@canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca>... > Mario Fatafehi wrote: > elseif 2< abs(x) <= 4 > > 2 < abs(x) will return either 0 (false) or 1 (true). You then check to > see if that 0 or 1 is <= 4, which of course it is. > > If you want to check to see if a number is in a range, code both halves > of the test, 2 < abs(x) && abs(x) <= 4 But why does it gives me repeated answer? "Mario Fatafehi" <coruba9@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hof3hk$pes$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Walter Roberson <roberson@hushmail.com> wrote in message <hoeurm$nga$1...

how to call a procedure of maple in matlab
Hi, friends: I have a procedure in maple such as : msym2poly:=proc(p,v) local f; f:=p; PolynomialTools:-CoefficientList(f,v); end; I save this file into msym2poly.src by notepad. When I call it in matlab by function procread('msym2poly.src'), I got the wrong result as following: procread('msym2poly.src') ans = msym2poly := proc (p, v) local f; f := p; PolynomialTools; -CoefficientList(f,v) end After PolynomialTools, it should be colon with short line, but now it is semicolon plus short line. So the procedure couldn't work well. Anybody knows the reason? Thank you very much! ...

Executing Matlab commands from Java
Hello, I would like to execute some Matlab commands from Java without opening Matlab. So i would like Java to call the functions and get the results. I tried the MatlabControl but it opens Matlab when I run which is not what I want. Any idea how to do this? Thanks! "sarah " <sarah.db67@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:joc64q$o1q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com... > Hello, > > I would like to execute some Matlab commands from Java without opening > Matlab. So i would like Java to call the functions and get the results. I > tried the MatlabControl but it opens Matlab when I run which is not what I > want. > > Any idea how to do this? http://www.mathworks.com/products/javabuilder/ -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on http://www.mathworks.com Or open-source http://code.google.com/p/matlabcontrol/ ...

Dspace and Matlab 2007b #2
Hello all Background: My system has been upgraded from Dspace with ControlDesk version 2.6 connected with Matlab 7.1 R14 sp3 to Dspace with ControlDesk version 3.2 connected with Matlab 2007b. I have a Simulink model which has both a serial RTI transmit block and serial RTI receive block in it. I transmit control data and receive sensor data. The simulation time step of the model is 0.001 or a simulation time of 1kHz. This time is fine for serial receiving but I needed a different simulation rate for transimission, about 100 Hz. I have used and a Rate Transition block in front of the serial transmit block and this has worked fine on the older version Dspace with ControlDesk 2.6. However, this same model does not work on the newer version Dspace platform. I have discovered the Rate Transition block actually prevents data from being received once loaded onto the newer Dspace platform version. Question: Does anyone know how to do a rate transition of the transmit simulation frequency without affecting the simulation recieve on my new Dspace with ControlDesk version and Matlab 2007b? Regards ...

Interpolation with JAVA like MATLAB
Hello! I'm programming an Applet in JAVA and I need a method/class/library tha makes Interpolation like function "interp" in MatLab. My trouble is easy, I have a data vector with 320 samples and I must t convert it in a data vector with 320*16 samples using Interpolation of th originals samples. Any Idea? Somebody know this method/class/library ? Thanks to help me, i really need it. Carlos Vargas fositin@hotmail.com I have an ingenious idea: look on Java's website! >Hello! > >I'm programming an Applet in JAVA and I need a method/class/library that >makes Interpolation like function "interp" in MatLab. >My trouble is easy, I have a data vector with 320 samples and I must to >convert it in a data vector with 320*16 samples using Interpolation o the >originals samples. > >Any Idea? Somebody know this method/class/library ? >Thanks to help me, i really need it. > Sometimes it might be faster to just write the code instead of searching the internet. Or at least just look for code written in any language and translate it. (if you know java I suppose you would be able to read C/C++ or pascal) In Numerical Recipes http://www.nr.com you find C++ code for different interpolation methods. gr. Anton anton, What you said is certainly correct. But in this case the 2 seconds it takes to enter the search string "jave interpolation" into to google will be much faster. The second hit: http://java.sun.com/p...

Web resources about - Calling java class from matlab #2 - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Tru Calling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tru Calling is an American television supernatural drama series that was shown on the Fox Network from 2003 to 2005. Created by Jon Harmon Feldman ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Android’s Facebook Messenger App Gets VoIP Calling
Facebook’s war against the call feature of a phone continues. TechCrunch reported Thursday that the Android Messenger app is getting an update ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Free voice calling rolls out to U.S. Facebook users with iOS Messenger
Facebook’s free voice calling service has begun rolling out to users in the U.S. after a trial in Canada that began earlier this month . As ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

Rounds Video Calling + Chat for iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad ...
Get Rounds Video Calling + Chat on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

AT&T now officially supports Wi-Fi Calling for international travels
AT&T is currently sending out text messages letting eligible customers know that they may use Wi-Fi Calling when traveling abroad. Users on iOS ...

How to enable Wi-Fi Calling in iOS 9.3 for Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile iPhones
With Monday's release of iOS 9.3, all four major U.S. cellular carriers including the latest addition, Verizon now support Wi-Fi Calling on Apple ...