calling matlab code from java mac

hello,

i am attempting to automate some data maintenance code which is giving me a little bit of a headache. i have found some sample code that has pointed my in the correct direction.
any help would be largely appreciated!

i am aware of some java library plug-ins that assist in executing matlab code, but would like to do this in a more automated fashion using each application to do its own work.

thanks!

[code]

/*
 * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates
 * and open the template in the editor.
 */

package matlab_launcher;
import java.io.*;
import java.lang.*;
/**

 *
 * @author Jason
 */
public class Main {

    /**
     */
        // TODO code application logic here

        try{

Process P=Runtime.getRuntime().exec(new String[] {"open","/Applications/Matlab_R2008bSV.app"});
        }
            catch(Exception e){
            e.printStackTrace();}
        }