Competitor to Matlab

Is there any viable competitor to Matlab ..?
What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..?

Ta..!
0
canterg (2)

On Aug 12, 1:43=A0pm, "Paul " <cant...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any viable competitor to Matlab ..?

What do you use matlab for?  There are few competitors for
what mstlb originally was intended for; plenty for what
matlab eventually is used for...

> What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..?

Nothing.

Rune

0
allnor (8509)
8/12/2011 12:45:58 PM
In article <j233kh$mkr$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>,
 "Paul " <canterg@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any viable competitor to Matlab ..?

Of course, it depends on what you use it for.  See

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_numerical_analysis_software>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_numerical_analysis_software>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MATLAB>

for plenty of alternatives.

> What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..?

Empty your bank account.  Okay, Mathematica's pretty good at that, too.

(In all fairness, MATLAB is expensive, but worth every penny IMO.)

--
Doug Schwarz
dmschwarz&ieee,org
On Aug 12, 11:43=A0pm, "Paul " <cant...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any viable competitor to Matlab ..?
> What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..?
>
> Ta..!

I've tried Scilab and found it pretty good.
One of these days, I'll move over, but the amount of work involved is
what's holding me back
0
mulgor (3008)
8/12/2011 9:18:23 PM
On Aug 12, 7:43=A0am, "Paul " <cant...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any viable competitor to Matlab ..?
> What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..?
>
> Ta..!

Look up the FAQ:
http://matlab.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ#What_other_software_packages_exist_to_do_s=
imilar_work.3F
0
imageanalyst (7621)
8/15/2011 12:36:47 AM
On 8/12/2011 5:45 AM, Rune Allnor wrote:

>> What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..?
>
> Nothing.
>
> Rune

That is absolutely correct.

But what it comes down to, is convenience and speed of
proto-typing algorithms and trying things out very quickly.

Software such as Matlab, Mathematica, and similar
products (i.e. pre-packaged math/scientific/visualization
software) do not do something that one can not do with
other software pieces that can be found all over the net.
And most of that might be free software as well.

But they do provide a platform, where all these pieces has
been packaged and put together in a nice and convenient way
with good documentation, which allows one to quickly do things,
which otherwise would take much longer time and may be
with much more effort.

--Nasser
0
Nasser
8/15/2011 3:57:08 AM
"Paul" wrote in message <j233kh$mkr$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Is there any viable competitor to Matlab ..?
> What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..?
>
> Ta..!

I work as a Software contractor/consultant for many fortune 500 companies, and one thing I have come to realize is that almost all institutions are  swithing to MATLAB or at least use MATLAB as a major developing tool in their institution... Engineering, Financial, Insurance, Biological, just name it.

While all software has its weaknesses and strenghts, like C is good for embedded applications, JAVA/PHP is good for web(not really), as one contributor pointed out, MATLAB integrates many pieces. For example, I am working in a major financial institution now, and the problem is to pull information from Oracle, perform complex calculations, output some of the calcualtions back to Oracle, and some  to SQL server, generate some outputs to Excel etc... One software that can do all these at the same time is MATLAB and with ease.
0
ade100a (320)
8/15/2011 12:59:29 PM
Recently (March/Aprill 2011), the periodical "Computing in Science and Engineering" featured Python, an open source software, very similar in use to MatLab. I downloaded it prior to purchasing MatLab a couple of years ago in hopes of having a 'free' software suite equivalent to MatLab.

While it does appear that Python (including all of its associated addons) can do pretty much what MatLab can. However, it requires a fair amount of setup and configuration - something you don't really need to do with MatLab.

I think MatLab is a great product and intend on using it for a very long time. Take a look at Python, NumPy, SciPy and the other tools necessary, but in the end I believe you will find the packaged MatLab product superior.
0
physics90 (34)
8/15/2011 2:43:28 PM
If you are looking for the open source competitor that is most similar to MATLAB I suggest that it wiuld ne Octave. Octave is under active development and works to maintain a syntax that is similar to MATLAB. As you might expect Octave lags behind MATLAB in it features. Currently the Octave Octave object system is similar to the older MATLAB object system, that is there is not a system using the newer classdef keyword. The handle graphics system is similar but based on a different underlying structure and is less feature complete than MATLAB. With care is is possible to write code that will run on both Octave and MATLAB. If you are interested in doing that you should build test suites that can test your code on both platforms as each has features not available in the other. You will need to find a lowest common denominator approach.

Good Luck,

Donn
So the MATLAB "package" clinches it..?

I guess also any other competitive text-based language just won't have the same large function libraries that MATLAB has too...?

But did you see that the "clone" of the SAS product, "WPS" actually coded their product to give the same results as SAS - even if SAS produced what was regarded by most in academia as the "wrong" answer.  This was because they simply wanted to re-produce the answer that SAS gives...?
Does this happen with any Matlab competitor..?
Ta...!

"ade77 " <ade100a@gmail.com> wrote in message <j2b57h$fnn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Paul" wrote in message <j233kh$mkr$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Is there any viable competitor to Matlab ..?
> > What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..?
> >
> > Ta..!
>
> I work as a Software contractor/consultant for many fortune 500 companies, and one thing I have come to realize is that almost all institutions are  swithing to MATLAB or at least use MATLAB as a major developing tool in their institution... Engineering, Financial, Insurance, Biological, just name it.
>
> While all software has its weaknesses and strenghts, like C is good for embedded applications, JAVA/PHP is good for web(not really), as one contributor pointed out, MATLAB integrates many pieces. For example, I am working in a major financial institution now, and the problem is to pull information from Oracle, perform complex calculations, output some of the calcualtions back to Oracle, and some  to SQL server, generate some outputs to Excel etc... One software that can do all these at the same time is MATLAB and with ease.
0
canterg (2)
8/16/2011 2:22:13 PM
On 8/16/2011 9:22 AM, Paul wrote:
> So the MATLAB "package" clinches it..?

All depends on what one is doing...for many, I would say the integration
into a whole is, indeed, the driving reason behind the adoption of Matlab.

> I guess also any other competitive text-based language just won't have
> the same large function libraries that MATLAB has too...?

Well, you can look at the documentation for Mathematica, etc., and it's
not clear that would be the case, no...

> But did you see that the "clone" of the SAS product, "WPS" actually
> coded their product to give the same results as SAS - even if SAS
> produced what was regarded by most in academia as the "wrong" answer.
> This was because they simply wanted to re-produce the answer that SAS
> gives...? Does this happen with any Matlab competitor..?

That one I'm sure is a "no"...even Octave the only "work/look-alike" I'm
aware of for Matlab doesn't mimic Matlab identically.  Certainly other
than being aware of TMW and Matlab, the developers of Mathematica care
virtually nothing about ensuring duplicating results and both are
dedicated to correct results (for an appropriate definition of
"correct", of course :) ).

none1568 (7453)
8/16/2011 7:39:50 PM
My two cents...

It all depends on what you want and I separate my problems into 2 classes.

* Computation
When speed of execution matters,  you must go low-level. I used to write atmospheric models for large distributed machines ("super computers") which required fast mpi based codes - Matlab can not do this (no matter what they advertise). I would never consider Matlab / IDL / etc to be fast or robust.

* Analysis of Data
When it comes to churning through TB's of data and exploring new ideas, there are some options but C++ or Fortran are not it! I think IDL is faster than Matlab and more powerful in some areas but i'd choose Matlab any day of the week. IDL is too much hassle to get plots right, same goes for python. For simply plotting, there's no better solution I know of.

If your doing R&D, then Matlab can be ok but you need to know how to program Matlab to get some speed out of it (e.g. don't use loops and use Matlab OO sparingly - its a dog). During R&D, speed of execution is not usually your limiting factor, its ideas and analysis. When you have committed to an algorithm that requires speed, you need to translate that code into C++ or Fortran, output the data into a portable binary format and then read back into Matlab for analysis... thats my philosophy anyway..

Cheers, LP

"Paul" wrote in message <j233kh$mkr$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Is there any viable competitor to Matlab ..?
> What can Matlab do that no other product can do ..?
>
> Ta..!

parallel matlab
Hi all, I'm going to work on a project involving a parallel version of MATLAB - I'm aware of various efforts like MATLAB-*P and so on Right now I need to read up on some material regarding MATLAB internals eg: How are the ATLAS(or is it BLAS) routines called in MATLAB? How does MATLAB's C code store information in memory, cache'ing etc? How is one to get at those? Do you know of any suitable reference(s)/resource(s)? Thank you very much, Aravind ...

Calling Compiled MATLAB from MATLAB
Hello everyone, How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to be to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), then compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an easier way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do with it to get this to work. Thanks in advance, Sina sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that. Is there an > easier > way? I have the MATLAB compiler, so I just need to know what to do > with > it to get this to work. > > Thanks in advance, > > Sina > > HELP MEX > HELP MEX Or, better, HELP MCC help pcode pseudo code is useful to obfuscate code - protect algorithms, yet still run at full speed and be distributable to other matlab users sina.tootoonian wrote: > > > Hello everyone, > > How do I compile MATLAB M files into a form that can then be called > from within the MATLAB interpreter? A roundabout way would seem to > be > to (somehow) Turn the matlab code into C (I think mcc does this), > then > compile this C code into MEX format and call that...

Competitors to MATLAB
Hi! I am a regular user of MATLAB software.I am indeed very curious to know about the competitors to MATLAB & their advantages & disadvantages when compared with MATLAB.I would appretiate if any one could list them all. In article <eecb587.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, christopher <chris_bert@mail.com> wrote: > Hi! > I am a regular user of MATLAB software.I am indeed very curious to > know about the competitors to MATLAB & their advantages & > disadvantages when compared with MATLAB.I would appretiate if any one > could list them all. List them all? Should I start with Excel? With C or J? With Octave or Scilab? Maybe APL or IDL? Maple or Mathematica? Python, Perl or Pascal? Gauss? Fortran, PL1 or Cobol? The list is very long and I am certain I left out many competitors of merit. My point is, any programming language/computational environment is a competitor to Matlab. I have solved nonlinear systems of PDEs in a spreadsheet. A colleague has implemented a variety of fairly sophisticated splines as Excel macros. Sorry I can't be of more help here, John D'Errico -- There are no questions "?" about my real address. The best material model of a cat is another, or preferably the same, cat. A. Rosenblueth, Philosophy of Science, 1945 "christopher" <chris_bert@mail.com> wrote in message news:eecb587.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi! > I am a regular user of MATLAB software.I am indeed very curious t...

Matlab plots outside Matlab
I'm making an end-user application where I would like to use Matlab functionality both for calculation and plotting. Matlabs GUI builder guide does not satisfy my needs (no support for f.ex. internal frames and other nescessities), so I'm planning to compile my Matlab code and use other API (Java, QT or something) for GUI. My problem is then, that I loose access to the neat plotting commands availible under matlab GUI... Is there a way of integrating Matlabs plot functionality into another GUI system? - has it been done? - I appreciate any response! - P�l Berge ...

Matlab
Hello , I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , documentation please ? <azatserver113@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7b4e75e2-40c6-43bb-acc6-2553123ba649@googlegroups.com... > Hello , > > I'm a new user in Matlab. So should you advise matlab notes , > documentation please ? > At the MATLAB command prompt type this command: doc This will show the documentation included as part of your installation. I recommend reading through the Getting Started section of the MATLAB documentation first, and executing the examp...

matlab
any one please can help me sploving the following question 1________Given the causal system y[n] =3D 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and zplane.m. 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 =E2=80=93 =EF=81=B0, or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. S= ee the freqz.m command. hani_al_yazidi@hotmail.com wrote: > any one please can help me sploving the following question > > > 1________Given the causal system > > y[n] = 0.9y[n-1] + x[n], > > find H(z) and sketch the pole-zero plot. See the functions roots.m and > zplane.m. > > 2___ Plot the magnitude and phase of H(z) on the frequency axis from 0 > – , or normalized frequency 0 - 1, and label the graphs. See the > freqz.m command. It looks like homework. State what you tried and what error messages you got and someone who knows Matlab will probably help. We try not to do homework here, but (like gods) we do help those who help themselves. Jerry -- Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get. ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯&...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u "Gangamma " <gangvsng@gmail.com> wrote in message <hvmr7h$sn0$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? Yes, Matlab program written in 32/64 bits are compatible accepted MEX file. 64-bit version can handle larger array but does *NOT* improve speed. Br...

can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab #2
can Matlab support 32-bit matlab version scripts on 64-bit version of matlab in windows platform?.if yes , how is the performance better ? please do answer this question thank u ...

Writing a Matlab add-on in a Matlab clone?
What is the best Matlab clone and is it good enough to write Matlab software in? I'd like to use one of these free clones to start writing Matlab add-ons. I am aware of Scilab and GNU Octave. The former seems to be more popular. -- Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy The F#.NET Journal http://www.ffconsultancy.com/products/fsharp_journal/?usenet Jon Harrop wrote: > > > > What is the best Matlab clone and is it good enough to write Matlab > software > in? > > I'd like to use one of these free clones to start writing Matlab > add-ons. I > am aware ...

Matlab Engine with Matlab Runtime Component ?
Hi, I have a c++ application which uses Matlab engine to save data for further use with Matlab. I need to distribute the application to users that do not have Matlab. Is there a way tp use Matlab Engine with Matlab Runtime Component ? How should I change the compilation to do it ? Thanks, Ofra ...

MATLAB Daemon
Hi! Is it posible to make a Daemon in MATLAB so that i can access a shared memory between MATLAB and .NET? I ask this because every method i've tryied to call MATLAB functions from .NET are really slow, mostly the call process (because i call the function about 300.000-1.000.000 times in a small time lapse. I thought that using a Daemon using shared memory between my .NET app and MATLAB would make that performance bottleneck almost dissapear. Any other ideas are really appreciated. By the way, is it posible to open a socket in MATLAB? That would be another possible solution, less performa...

Matlab compiler for Matlab 5.2
I'm looking for matlab compiler for matlab 5.2 for Mac computers. I wasn't able to find anywhere because the Mathworks doesn't produce it. Do you know were I may find it? Thanks ...

Matlab R2006b compatability with Matlab R14?
I am trying to execute some code (a mixture of C++ and Matlab) that was delivered to me. The Matlab code was originally developed under Matlab R14. I have Matlab R2006b installed on my system. When I attempt to execute the program, I get the following message: I18N Runtime warning: Missing ICU data file detected while processing $(MATLAB)/bin/$(ARCH). Hint: Check for a misconfigured environment or installation. When I look in the referenced directory, there does appear to be an ICU related .dat file. Any ideas as to what could be causing this runtime warning? Thanks. ...

Matlab comiler and simple matlab function
I am trying to create an exe from a matlab function which doubles the number you give it. matlab function: test.m function [output] = test (number) %return double the input number output = 2*number; disp(output); run matlab compiler at command line with: mcc -mv test.m with the resulting exe: test.exe However when I run it at DOS prompt: test 1 I am returned a value of 98. I thought that maybe this was some octal description of the output, but 98 oct is not 2 decimal. Some other results it returned: C:\Documents and Settings\alex\Desktop\lighttrans\Frank Work \test...

MATLAB 6 to MATLAB 7 changes
I am looking for information here on the MathWorks website about the changes between MATLAB 6 and MATLAB 7. Specifically, I am looking for information about changes in the handling of .mat files. For example if I have a mat-file: example.mat located in the MATLAB current directory. In MATLAB 7 I can load this data-file into the MATLAB workspace with: >> load example And it loads fine. If I type the above load command in MATLAB 6 I get and error. Is there anything that provides the technical information for this? Thanks Dave Dave wrote: > I am looking for information here on t...

Matlab 6.5 to matlab 7
hi, i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects to the M-files that i saved before? Or do I need to uninstall the Matlab 6.5 first before installing the Matlab 7? regards, blur On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 13:03:13 +0000, Blur wrote: > hi, > i want to upgrade my Matlab 6.5 to Matlab7, will it cause any effects > to the M-files that i saved before? See http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/rn/r14sp1_a.html for information on changes to the Matlab programming language that may affect old m-files. For the most part the changes are minor, and most ...

shutdown matlab.exe when matlab is not in use
Hi, I've noticed everytime I start my computer, matlab.exe starts automatically and consumes a considerable amount of memory space which slows down my computer. Is there an option to prevent this process from starting automatically each time my computer starts. I have Windows XP operating system. I have matlab 6.5. Thanks. Fenisol3 puffy_blake wrote: > Hi, > I've noticed everytime I start my computer, matlab.exe starts automatically > and consumes a considerable amount of memory space which slows down my > computer. Is there an option to prevent this process from starti...

Why does Matlab do this
What is happening when I type rand(1:10) at the command line? Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? Thanks "Robert" wrote in message <j64asi$5v4$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > What is happening when I type > rand(1:10) > at the command line? > > Matlab goes into a 10 minute spin - what's going on? > Thanks Hi Robert, You're create a 10-D array with that syntax. Do you just want a vector of 10 uniformly distributed random numbers. x = rand(10,1); % or x = rand(1,10); Wayne Hi Wayne, You're right - that's what...

Re: Matlab scripts are not working with matlab 7
Dear Jon Bowers I am facing the same problem with Matlab 7.&nbsp; Is there any permanent solution? Please let me know about the same. Regards, Basanta ...

opening matlab figures in older version of matlab
hey, im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: "error using ==> open Unable to read MAT file C:\figs\7b.fig See FILEFORMATS for a list of known file types and the functions used to read them." i think its because I may have made the figures in matlab 7 (but im not 100% sure). is this error typical of a version mismatch of that kind? is there a way to modify the figure so that an older version of matlab can open it? matlabnoob wrote: > > > hey, > im using matlab 6 to open figures and I'm getting the error: > > "error using ==>...

Inside the MATLAB Desktop Blog on MATLAB Central
Hello, The MATLAB Desktop team is joining the MATLAB blog community and recently introduced the "Inside the MATLAB Desktop" blog. The entire Desktop development team will be contributing to the content of this blog to give you information about features that you may not have found in the product and productivity tips. We also will introduce new features as they are released. The blog can be found over on MATLAB Central or at the following link: http://blogs.mathworks.com/desktop/ For more information about who we are and what the "Desktop team" works on, check out our first entry that I posted last week (it even has a group picture of us): http://blogs.mathworks.com/desktop/category/intro/ Also, take a look at our second entry, just posted by Christina, about moving between functions in the Editor. http://blogs.mathworks.com/desktop/2007/03/23/moving-between-functions-within-a-file/ Thanks and let us know what you think! Kristin -------------------------------------- Kristin Thomas Software Engineer The MathWorks, Inc. kthomas@mathworks.com -------------------------------------- ...

vectorized computation in C++ such as those in Matlab (Matlab to C++)?
Dear all, Can C++/STL/Boost do the vectorized calculation as those in Matlab? For example, in the following code, what I really want to do is to send in a vector of u's. All other parameters such as t, l1, l2, l3, etc. are scalars... But u is a vector. Thus, t6 becomes a vector. t9 is an element-wise multiplication... The following code was actually converted from Matlab. If vectorized computation is not facilitated, then I have to call this function millions of times. But if vectorized computation is okay, then I can send in just a u vector with batch elements a time. I have many such code in Matlab need to be converted into C++ with vectorization. Any thoughts? Thank you! double t5, t6, t7, t9, t11, t13, t16, t20, t23, t27, t32, t34, t36, t37, t38, t42, t44, t47, t48, t51, t52, t54, t59, t60, t61, t66, t67, t69, t74, t75, t76, t81, t82, t84, t87, t105, t106, t110, t112; t5 = exp(-t * l1 - t * l2 - t * l3); t6 = t * u; t7 = mu1 * mu1; t9 = u * u; t11 = kappa * kappa; t13 = 0.1e1 / (t9 * t7 + t11); > Dear all, > > Can C++/STL/Boost do the vectorized calculation as those in Matlab? > > For example, in the following code, what I really want to do is to > send in a vector of u's. > > All other parameters such as t, l1, l2, l3, etc. are scalars... > > But u is a vector. > > Thus, t6 becomes a vector. > > t9 is an element-wise multiplication... > > The following code was actually converted f...

C/C++ in matlab and matlab in C/C++ ?
Is it possible to read C/C++ code in matlab and the other way around too? Hi, as long as C or C++ are written in text files you can edit them in the matlab editor. To see the special character of C or C++ coding language, in the editor go to menus: file>preferences>Edito/Debugger>language and on popup "Language" select "C/C++". This does not allow you to run the C/C++ code, just to view it i nicer way... regards, chris saneman <asdfsdf@asd.com> wrote in message <frl846 $f8i$2@news.net.uni-c.dk>... > Is it possible to read C/C...

how to call matlab file to another matlab file
Hey friends, i am working on simulation of power system using matlab. for that i have written codes for generation side and line side separately. Now i want to use the result of generation file to line file....so how can i use the result of one file to another.... eg i have gen.m file from that i can get hourly gen data....now i want to compare that data to line.....and line modelling is done in separate file line.m so i want to call result of gen.m file to line.m file..... waiting for ur valuable suggestion thanks ...

Web resources about - Competitor to Matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Competitors for the Crown of Scotland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
With the death of King Alexander III in 1286, the crown of Scotland passed to his only surviving descendant, his three-year-old granddaughter ...

Optimal Analytics Allows Brands On Facebook To Analyze Performance Vs. Competitors
Self-service ad-buying and analytics platform Optimal announced the launch of audience analytics dashboard Optimal Analytics , which allows brands ...

New comScore Study Shows Facebook Ads Increase Vehicle Consideration, Decrease Competitor Consideration ...
A new comScore Action Lift study initiated by Facebook shows Facebook’s impact on new vehicle consideration.

Zuum updates Facebook strategy tool to provide more insight on page content, competitor performance
... the most engaging terms for all brands in the report. Most Engaging Posts – A list of the most engaging posts for client page as well as competitor ...

Competitor Magazine (@RunCompetitor) on Twitter

How to Steal the Market from Your Competitor
In the summer of 1981, The Corcoran Group was a tiny company in the big bad world of New York City real estate. Despite the money I spent every ...

Competitor for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Competitor on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Do You Report Competitors to Google? - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Poll results at www.seroundtable.com/archives/017213.html to use these graphs, link tot he original post.

IVERSON: NBA Legend & All-Time Competitor - Premieres May 16th - YouTube
Tom Brokaw's description of Allen Iverson 'electrifying the NBA' might be an understatement when considering AI's impact on modern-day basketball. ...

From Coffee Club competitor to CEO
Australia's largest home-grown cafe chain The Coffee Club has appointed the former managing director of Starbucks as its new chief executive. ...