help with C# in matlab

Hello All,

I have a C# (previously written) code (.cs) that can convert the raw file I want into cdf using .dll's that came along with the machine that creates the raw file. I developed a GUI in matlab to visualize and modify the data from the raw file, but the conversion tool (msconv) I am using seems slow. So I am trying to see if there is a way to be able to use the C# code along with the dll files and convert the data. An issue to consider is that there are no header files, only .dll files, so I cannot use LOADLIBRARY. I tried the Matlab Compiler as well.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have never used C# before.

Thank you,
Mathew

0
mathew99 (118)

C/C++ in matlab and matlab in C/C++ ?
Is it possible to read C/C++ code in matlab and the other way around too? Hi, as long as C or C++ are written in text files you can edit them in the matlab editor. To see the special character of C or C++ coding language, in the editor go to menus: file>preferences>Edito/Debugger>language and on popup "Language" select "C/C++". This does not allow you to run the C/C++ code, just to view it i nicer way... regards, chris saneman <asdfsdf@asd.com> wrote in message <frl846 $f8i$2@news.net.uni-c.dk>... > Is it possible to read C/C...

methods to call matlab in C C++ and call C C++ in matlab
Hi, I am reading the help documents about how to program matlab and C C++ together and my questions are a little bit general. It seems that are several ways to call matlab in C C++ and another several ways to call C C++ in matlab. Please correct me if I am wrong or missing something when I try to list them. To call matlab code in C C++, are there two methods available? The first one is Matlab engine and the second one is to use MATLAB Compiler mcc to create C or C++ shared libraries from your MATLAB code. To call C C++ in matlab, are there also two methods? The first one is to call funct...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help On Nov 28, 10:03 am, "Paeo Campigotto" <campigo...@dit.unitn.it> wrote: > I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. > I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a > machine with matlab installed. > Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler > tool or the matla...

matlab beginner: calling matlab from C/C++ #2
I'm relatively new to the world of Matlab. I want to call my matlab own code from a C/C++ program on a machine with matlab installed. Do I need to compile the matlab code using matlab compiler tool or the matlab engine is enough for this? Thanks a lot for your help ...

Conversion from MATLAB to C/C++ using MATLAB compiler
I am working on conversion of .m files to c/c++. I am using the MATLAB compiler version 3.0 and MATLAB version 6.5.1. There seem to be a few functions which do not seem to get converted. The error i got while using functions like TRAIN, NETWORK and INIT (all neural-networks related functions used in the general neural network programs, newpnn.m etc) is The MATLAB compiler does not currently support MATLAB object oriented programming and the functions TRAIN , NETWORK and INIT would produce a run-time error. Could anyone please tell me as to how i can circumnavigate this problem or solve this...

Calling Matlab in C in Matlab
Hi everybody! My problem can be described as follows. I have a tool in Matlab that requires calling an optimisation algorithm in C. This algorithm consists of several C-files, one of which contains the function to be minimised (CFUNCTION), and another is the main algorithm file (CMAIN). Now what I want to do is to call Matlab from CFUNCTION or CMAIN and specify my custom function (MFUNCTION) to be minimised. So, I'm calling Matlab from C from Matlab. I'm a newbie in C and MEX files. Should I rewrite CMAIN as a MEX file and include CFUNCTION in this and then use mxCallMATLAB? Or can...

Create (Matlab) object inside C/C++ and pass it to Matlab
I'm trying to create an object inside C++ and then pass it to Matlab via en= gPutVariable. It seems I can create a struct // Create a float array mxArray *acq_data =3D mxCreateNumericMatrix(0, 0, mxSINGLE_CLASS); float *data =3D (float *)mxCalloc(M*N, sizeof(float)); mxSetData(acq_data, data); mxSetM(acq_data, M); mxSetN(acq_data, N); // Convert to struct const char *fieldname =3D "data"; mxArray *acq_struct =3D mxCreateStructMatrix(1,1,1, &fieldname); mxSetField(acq_struct,i,"data",acq_data); // Convert to class ?? Does it work? if (j=3D=3D1...

C/C++ in MATALB or MATLAB in C/C++?
Hi I've been asking on the net how to use MEX properly so that I can use C/C++ in MATLAB, but information is not forthcoming. There seems to be a lot on using MATLAB in C/C++ but not the other way around. I understand Mathworks is trying very hard to sell the Matlab Compiler, but even so, why is it SO hard to get information about MEX? Or is it that I've missed something very fundamental, meaning that I'm struggling over something that is actually quite easy? Any thoughts and info would be great. Thanks BullDog BullDog wrote: > Hi > > I've been asking on the net ...

Matlab command to convert Matlab script to C
I know that this has probably been asked before but I desperately need to do this. I have simple scripts in Matlab and I would like to see what they look like in C language. Can anyone help me with this? I'm not a great C programer so this would help me immensly if I could see various examples of things that I have written in Matlab in C Thank you. Hi finiteguy, check the MATLAB help for the MATLAB Compiler, if you have. Regards, Stefan Hi Stefan, I tried that and got no help. Nothing about Matlab compiler. I kew that years ago there was a simple command but I lost it. On Mon, 30...

Control of Matlab event loop from C or Matlab
I was wondering if there is a way to control Matlab event loop? Is there a way to make Matlab be able to respond to key presses in Matlab GUI or call from C (via engine) and to either pause or stop its execution. I know that Matlab can execute items on its 'event queue' when pause() or drawnow() etc are called, but that means that I have to explicitly put those in the code. Is there some way that would be more elegant? Second question is about the 'event queue.' How does one add things to the event queue? How can I add a call from, say, C engine such as evalString() to the ev...

how could i use the matlab help without running matlab?
sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product can i simply open the help document without running matlab? thanks! "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > can i simply open the help document without running matlab? > > thanks! Hi, The MATLAB help for the current release (R2010b) is available over the web. Choose a product such as the Signal Processing Toolbox. http://www.mathworks.com/products/signal/ and then under Support and Training, select the documentation. http://www.mathworks.com/help/toolbox/signal/index.html Wayne "Wayne King" <wmkingty@gmail.com> wrote in message <i67rfa$3bl$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > "fangfines " <fangfines@qq.com> wrote in message <i67kgh$qcr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > sometimes i just want to see some content of the help files and not intend to use matlab itself > > > > but as we know i must start matlab software first, then open the help product > > > > can i simply open the help document without running matlab? > > > > thanks! > > H...

[JOB] Help
Hi all Sorry to advertise within the user group but I really need some help! I was hoping that people in this usergroup could help other fellow Matlab developers who may be looking for a new role, or might be interested in what I have on offer. I need to find a Application engineer who is a confident developer with Matlab and its toolboxes. Competent at explaining to people how and why they are doing things with the technology, able to solve complex problems with simple solutions. Plus, have have a burning desire for technology. Personally, I have been looking for this type of ...

help matlab help
how to automatical digitise profile to generate a vector model of the profile and how to use the digitised profile to sweep generate a graphical three dimensional model of the picture please give me some example ...........thanks very much..... ...

C/C++ and MatLab
I am trying to call and debug matlab code via C/C++. i am able to run the engdemo.c program but I cannot stop the debugger in a test MatLab file to see if this can be done. I would like the C/C++ program to spawn the MatLab environment so that I may have access to all the MatLab debugging tools but be able to read any inputs from the C/C++ calling function and return any modifications to those values back to the C/C++ function as well. I am running MatLab 6.5.1.199709 v 13. Does MatLab 7 have any added capability that I would need to do this? Reginald Robertson wrote: > > > I am tr...

C/C++ to matlab
Hello, I have a code. I need to change that code for matlab. I am wandering if there is an article so I can read before start. Thank you "Ongun Palaoglu" <ongun@mac.com> wrote in message <hae0r2$erv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, I have a code. I need to change that code for matlab. I am wandering if there is an article so I can read before start. Thank you check matlab help and read mex file creation. its pretty simple to call c from matlab. "Maya " <priyaravi_22@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <hae4mr$nf6$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > "Ongun Palaoglu" <ongun@mac.com> wrote in message <hae0r2$erv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > Hello, I have a code. I need to change that code for matlab. I am wandering if there is an article so I can read before start. Thank you > > check matlab help and read mex file creation. its pretty simple to call c from matlab. Dear Maya, I do not want to call the function. I want to change the language to Matlabs own language . "Ongun Palaoglu" <ongun@mac.com> wrote in message <hae5r1$59l$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > "Maya " <priyaravi_22@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message <hae4mr$nf6$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > "Ongun Palaoglu" <ongun@mac.com> wrote in message <hae0r2$erv$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > > > Hello, I have a code. I need to change that code for matlab. I am wandering if th...

help on serial communication with matlab and visual C(really need help urgently)
hi I am using 'fwrite' serial function to sent data into my robot through RS232 from com port 1 but it cannot send to my robot properly. I can receive what the robot is senting to me but the robot cannot receive what I sent to it but everytime I reboot the robot it can receive some of the commands i sent to it. Can you help me on this? Thank you Albert May be you do not select the correct terminator for communication. You can change the terminator visualy by entering >> inspect(s) command, where s is the serial port object. ...

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

Call C code from Matlab -> Matlab crash
Hello, I have a problem calling C code from Matlab. The mex file compilation is ok. When I run the program Matlab (7.3) crashes. Below is the mexFunction code. Any idea is welcome. (I think the main part of the code (middle part) is not useful for the crash problem, but I put it anyway). //########################################################### #include "math.h" #include "mex.h" void mexFunction (int nlhs, mxArray *plhs[], int nrhs, const mxArray *prhs[]) { // Standard variables int p,r,h,i,j,f,w; // Indices for loop int MAX_NBM = 1000; int MAX_DIM = 10; int MAX_NB_CLUST = 20; double *SF, *km, *new_data; int size, dim, K, nbm, aux_size, count_bis, count_aux; double diam_max, diam, vec1_p, vec2_p, dist_min, dis; int combi[1000000][2]; int dist_aux[1000000][2]; /* Check for proper number of arguments. */ if (nrhs != 5) { mexErrMsgTxt("5 input required."); } else if (nlhs > 1) { mexErrMsgTxt("Too many output arguments"); } // Input parameter (MATLAB) new_data = mxGetPr(prhs[0]); size = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[1]); dim = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[2]); K = (int)mxGetScalar(prhs[3]); km = mxGetPr(prhs[4]); // Output parameter (MATLAB) plhs[0] = mxCreateDoubleMatrix(1,1,mxREAL); SF = mxGetPr(plhs[0]); // Other variables nbm = size/dim; // Number of points printf("Taille: %d\n",nbm); printf("Dimension: %d\n",dim); //#############################...

Does Matlab 7.0 inlcude MATLAB C++ library?
I tried to find matlab.h, matlab.hpp in my system, however, I did not find them. I am using MATLAB 7.0, is that this version does not include MATLAB C/C++ library? Which version can I find it? Hi, MATLAB 7.0 or MATLAB Compiler 4 doesn't include C/C++ Library. MATLAB Compiler 3.0 includes C/C++ Library. Hope it helps. LePhan. ------------------------------------- see our MATLAB C/C++ Book at www.LePhanPublishing.com Tommy wrote: > > > I tried to find matlab.h, matlab.hpp in my system, however, I did > not > find them. > I am using MATLAB 7.0, is that this version does not include MATLAB > C/C++ library? > > Which version can I find it? ...

$300 for matlab/C++ help
I am finishing up a program that is partially done already. It is written in matlab to analyse numerically some numbers. Ideally this is for a supersmart student who can knows how to optimize calculations using data structures. Must be able to work with other people's code. More work follows if successful. DONT RESPOND WITH LESS THAN 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE PROGRAMMING. Contact: Quant123456 at YesAntHowOhnO (spam killer) ...

help on integrating c and matlab
Hi. I've code, some of which is in c and some in matlab. To integrate the two I compiled the matlab functions into a library file using mcc and linked the file with the c code. But I find this to be really slow. Would it faster if I re-implemented the matlab functions in c or vice-versa? Or is there any other way of integrating the two without comprising on speed? Thanks, Sudheendra ...

MATLAB algorithm to MATLAB function code or C code
hallo firends, Can any body help me write this below code into MATLAB object oriented code or C code form please? M=50; % total number of periods. (choose for 1s duration) f0 = 50; % fundamental AC frequency T0 = 1/f0; %fundamental AC period T = M*T0; %Time for M periods (integer M) N=30; % sample points per period. dt = T0/N; % Sample at N points per period (integer N > 20) t = dt*[1:M*N-1]; % Sampling time array A0=120/2; % amplitude of AC signal. Divide by 2 or maybe sqrt (2) ? AC=A0*sin(f0*t*2*pi); % create AC signal. DC0=50; % DC amplitude DC=DC0*ones(1,length(t)); % create a DC signal that is constant of length t S=AC+DC; % total signal is AC signal + DC signal figure(1); plot(t,S); % plot signal. xlabel('time');ylabel('Signal'); title('Total Signal'); % filter components fAC=S-mean(S); % here is the AC component fDC=mean(S); % here is the DC component figure(2); plot(t,fAC,'r',t,fDC,'b'); % plot AC and DC signals legend('AC','DC'); xlabel('time');ylabel('Signal'); title('Signal with only AC component'); figure(3); plot(t,fDC,'b'); % plot DC signal legend('DC'); xlabel('time');ylabel('Signal'); title('Signal with only DC component'); figure(4); % best to plot in Fourier domain u=abs(fftshift(fft(S))); NumPoints=length(t); freq=(1/dt)*[1:NumPoints]/NumPoints; % create frequency axis freq=fre...

Converting Matlab code to C using Matlab Compiler
Hello All, Please can I get some guidance on how to Convert a structure from Matlab code to C code using Matlab Compiler. Kind regards Sammy ...

C++ to MATLAB and debugging in MATLAB w edit/debugger
I am currently trying to create a C++ - Matlab function call(on a Windows platform) where I am able to debug the Matlab function via the edit/debugger. Yes, I have used the MatLab Engine calls and the COM interface. However when i attempt to debug via the edit/debugger, I get the following error message sent to STDOUT: buffer 0x0012fda4 "Warning: Debug commands not available when using MATLAB as Engine. > In <a href="error:c:\matlab7\bin\win32\cMatlabTest.m,4,1">cMatlabTest at 4</a> Checked all 17 cache memory tables. Found no corrupted tables. We also at...

Web resources about - help with C# in matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Undocumented Matlab
Undocumented, unsupported and hidden features in Matlab

Matlab Upazila - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Coordinates : 23°21′N 90°42.5′E  /  23.35°N 90.7083°E  / 23.35; 90.7083 Matlab ...

Open Directory - Science: Math: Software: MATLAB
The MathWorks - Developers of MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow. Offers products for data analysis, visualization, application development, simulation, ...

MATLAB Mobile on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about MATLAB Mobile. Download MATLAB Mobile and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

The Smart Emergency Response System Using MATLAB and Simulink - YouTube
In the aftermath of an earthquake, every second counts for disaster victims. Imagine a system that can locate people quickly and help first responders ...

The A-Z of Programming Languages: MATLAB
What prompted the development of MATLAB?

Matlab: Invalid .NET Framework. Either the specified framework was not found or is not currently supported ...
If you are trying to compile Matlab into .Net framework, you might encounter this message, even though you have the .Net framework installed ...

Matlab edges closer to electronic design automation world
Matlab, one of the world's most widely used products for algorithmic development, has long occupied its own niche far removed from EDA and hardware ...

Can I/How do I use DMTCP with a parallel pool of MATLAB workers? · Issue #223 · dmtcp/dmtcp · GitHub
dmtcp - DMTCP: Distributed MultiThreaded CheckPointing matlab -nodisplay -r "parpool('local',4); parfor i=1:10, pause(1); fprintf('%i ',i); end; ...

Using MATLAB and SDR to Reverse Engineer 433MHz Messages
... so he focused on studying the methodology and the tools available for analyzing 433MHz RF transmission. He describes the process of using MATLAB ...