how to digitize in matlab

 I am new to using matlab 2007a version . I am looking to digitize maps in matlab. I downloaded the Digitize.m file from the site.kindly tell me that What i will do with this file and where will i save this matfile in matlab and how to use this tool.

Matlab engine with matlab R2010b

Need help for a matlab mini project

bar
In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: figure; sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') xlabel('Frequency Band') title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') %Where Average and sem are vectors; But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: ??? Error using ==> xychk Too many input arguments. Error in ==> bar at 53 [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); I'd like to know why this occour. Thanks Henrique In article <g7a1j6$l1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Henrique Amaral <henriquetomaz@uol.com.br> wrote: >In MatLab 6.5, the routine above works normal: >figure; >sem=Average(:,2)./sqrt(Average(:,3)); >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >ylabel('% of epochs analyzed') >xlabel('Frequency Band') >title ('Occurrence of Oscillatory Events - Ch X') >%Where Average and sem are vectors; >But, in MatLab 7.0, the same code cause the following error: >??? Error using ==> xychk >Too many input arguments. >Error in ==> bar at 53 > [msg,x,y] = xychk(args{1:nargs},'plot'); >Error in ==> cross_subj_analysis>ok_Callback at 327 >bar([1:1:7],Average(:,1),sem); >I'd like to know why this occour. When the third argument is numeric, it must be the bar width. barwidth must b...

Matlab builder JA: parse java string to matlab cell
Hi all, I'm building a java swing based GUI for my Matlab application. As such, user input is available as text strings, for example "{[0; 0], [3.5 0; 0 2]}" (mean vector and covariance matrix of a 2D Gaussian). The user input will be passed to the compiled matlab method as a MWCellArray. Problem is how do a convert (parse) the above string into a MWCellArray? From its javadoc http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/toolbox/javabuilder/MWArrayAPI/index.html the following method is available: java.lang.String toString() Returns a string representation of this array, but the reverse method is not. Evidently, parsing a string like the one above is a non trivial task and I'm loath to attempt writing one by myself. I would be very thankful if someone can point me to the required parser implementation. Matlab itself is carrying out this task all the time, perhaps it is possible to access Matlab's own parser. Help much appreciated, Ritesh ...

some problems of codes of MATLAB 7.0 working on MATLAB 6.5
I have used MATLAB for few hours.So I don't know the differences between version 6.5 and 7.0.I want to use some codes of MATLAB 7.0, but they doesn't work in MATLAB 6.5.How to change these codes so that they can work in matlab 6.5.Waiting for your help. Thank you . The codes are like this .I think changing the function findPI may work ,but I don'y know how % PIfun.m % Evaluate a function used to find the PI-line, using Kyle Champley's % method. % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function y = PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x3,sb) temp = R - r*cos(gamma-sb); y = h*((pi - 2*atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/temp))*(1 + (r^2 - R^2)/ (2*R*temp)) ... + sb) - x3; % find_PI_Line.m % % Find the the parametric interval corresponding to the unique PI-line % passing through the point x for a given helical pitch. % This code implements the method of Kyle Champley. % inputs: P = pitch (cm/turn), R = helix radius, delta_s = s stepsize, x % output: PI = [sb st] % % Adam Wunderlich % last update: 5/18/06 function [PI] = findPI(P,R,delta_s,x) h = P/(2*pi); r = sqrt(x(1)^2+x(2)^2); gamma = atan2(x(2),x(1)); options = optimset('TolX',h*delta_s/100,'FunValCheck','on'); [sb,fval,exitflag] = fzero(@(sb) PIfun(r,R,h,gamma,x(3),sb),... [(x(3)-h*pi)/h,x(3)/h],options); if exitflag ~=1, disp('Error: PI invalid'); end % note that beta=sb in Kyle's formula alphaX = atan(r*sin(gamma-sb)/(R - r*cos(gamma-sb))); st = sb + pi -...

can't run matlab setup/No puedo correr matlab
Hi! I opened the&nbsp;matlab script fractal.vi&nbsp;then my antivirus (Kaspersky)&nbsp;ask&nbsp;if I acept the modified te registry of matlab setup,&nbsp; I &nbsp;say "yes" After that when I want open matlab the setup run but inmediatly it's close, why???? &nbsp; Hola: Abri el matlab script fractal.vi y mi antivirus (Kasoersky)me preguntaba si aceptaba una modificacion del registro del setup de matlab yo acepte Despues de eso cuanto abro matlab se cierra inmediatamente porque?? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hola Sa�l Es probable que el problema est� relacionado con el antivirus Kaspersky, trata de deshabilitarlo y correr nuevamente el ejemplo.&nbsp; Si esto no funciona revisa el estado de tus licencias de LabVIEW y de Matlab, probablemente tengas que reinstalar el programa y/o activar las licencias. �Qu� versi�n de LabVIEW y Matlab tienes? �El comportamiento es el mismo con el otro ejemplo?, me refiero al de la siguiente dir: labview\examples\scriptnode\Differential Equation.llb\MATLAB Script - Lorenz Diff Eq.vi Si corres este ejemplo �El antivirus tambi�n te pregunta cambiar lo de los registros?, ser�a bueno contactar a Mathworks para saber c�mo reconfigurar nuevamente los registros de Matlab ...

Incompatible of MAT file for Matlab 6.5.1 and Matlab 7.0
Hi! I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. I encountered problem as follows: ??? Error using ==> load Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat File may be corrupt. How can I solve this problem? Thanks. Linda Please see here: <http://tx.technion.ac.il/~perryb/matlab7/mat7.pdf> In short, save again as: The new features and enhancements are described in the "Release notes" of Matlab. A new feature that causes incompatibility with previous versions of Matlab is the new encoding of MAT files. Matlab release 14 writes character and figure data to MAT-files using Unicode encoding by default. Unicode encoded MAT-files are not readable by earlier versions of Matlab. If you intend to load your MAT-files created with Matlab release 14, you must override the Unicode default during the save. You can override the default encoding by using the -v6 switch with save and hgsave: save filename -v6 hgsave filename -v6 Hope it helps Linda wrote: > > > Hi! > > I have recently installed Matlab 7.0. > I have save my simulation results in .MAT file. > However, these MAT files can't be opened using Matlab 6.5.1. > > I encountered problem as follows: > > ??? Error using ==> load > Unable to read MAT file D:\MATLAB7\work\results.mat > > File ma...

to interface sony digital camera with matlab
i m a student of engineering working on a project in matlab on "hand geometry" using image processing toolbox. please help to connect my digital camera sony erricson-w110 to interface with the matlab so that i can have continuous display on my screen and send a capture command from the matlab to the camera. i m using a pic 16f877a controller and rs323 for serial transmission. pleas help at the earliest- "to interface digital camera with matlab" my email address is ronakvankawala@gmail.com. ...

Recent soft computing papers and MATLAB Toolboxes
Dear Colleagues, I would like to call your kind attention to the updated website of the Soft Computing Research Group at the University of Veszprem (Hungary) http://www.fmt.vein.hu/softcomp/ You can download MATLAB Toolboxes: - Fuzzy Clustering MATLAB Toolbox - Genetic Programming MATLAB Toolbox - Interactive Evolutionary Strategy (EASy) MATLAB Toolbox - Constrained Fuzzy Model Identification for the FMID Toolbox independent MATLAB programs related to: - Data mining * Fuzzy clustering based time-series segmentation * Supervised Fuzzy Clustering for the Identification of Fuzzy Classifiers * Fuzzy Modeling with Multidimensional Membership Functions: Grey-Box Identification and Control Design * Compact TS-Fuzzy Models through Clustering and OLS plus FIS Model Reduction * Inconsistency Analysis of Labeled Data * Star plots - MATLAB files for Graphical Representation of trace elements of clinkers - Process control and monitoring * Feedback Linearizing Control Using Hybrid Neural Networks Identified by Sensitivity Approach * Incorporating Prior Knowledge in Cubic Spline Approximation - Application to the Identification of Reaction Kinetic Models * Identification and Control of Nonlinear Systems Using Fuzzy Hammerstein Models - A Simple Fuzzy Classifier based on manuscripts in PDF about - fuzzy model based process control and monitoring - fuzzy clustering and classification - incorporation of a priori knowledge in the identif...

[...]

to interface sony digital camera with matlab #2
i m a student of engineering working on a project in matlab on "hand geometry" using image processing toolbox. please help to connect my digital camera sony erricson-w110 to interface with the matlab so that i can have continuous display on my screen and send a capture command from the matlab to the camera. i m using a pic 16f877a controller and rs323 for serial transmission. pleas help at the earliest- "to interface digital camera with matlab" my email address is ronakvankawala@gmail.com. "ronak " <ronakvankawala@gmail.com> wrote in message <jo0jl6$p7q$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > i m a student of engineering working on a project in matlab on "hand geometry" using image processing toolbox. please help to connect my digital camera sony erricson-w110 to interface with the matlab so that i can have continuous display on my screen and send a capture command from the matlab to the camera. i m using a pic 16f877a controller and rs323 for serial transmission. > pleas help at the earliest- "to interface digital camera with matlab" > my email address is ronakvankawala@gmail.com. hope you are doing well, i saw your publication on Matlab since 2012 i guess you overcome to this issue Actually am working a project similar to yours but I need live video stream interface in Matlab to find an object that already saved in my computer. e.g find a special " Stop panel on the street. please can yo...

to interface sony digital camera with matlab #3
i m a student of engineering working on a project in matlab on "hand geometry" using image processing toolbox. please help to connect my digital camera sony erricson-w110 to interface with the matlab so that i can have continuous display on my screen and send a capture command from the matlab to the camera. i m using a pic 16f877a controller and rs323 for serial transmission. pleas help at the earliest- "to interface digital camera with matlab" my email address is ronakvankawala@gmail.com. ...

Why can't Fortran-mex files be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6?
Hi, does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab V5.3 and run on matlab V6? For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) timestwo.f on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I get the error message: "Unable to load mex file: E:\timestwo.dll. The specified module could not be found. ??? Invalid MEX-file" Likewise if I compile it on matlab version 6.1 (R12), I get a similar error message if run on matlab version 5.3 (R11). However, if I run it on matlab version 6.5 it works OK. If I try the same experiment with the corresponding example file written in C, timestwo.c, I get no such problems. Why is that? Per A. Hi Per, usually MEX-files need to be compiled with the MATLAB version you want it later to run with. The reason is, that the code links against the current dynamic libraries (DLLs), which may change from version to version. You may have luck that it works (see your example of timestwo.f), but you should never rely on this. Titus "Per A. Brodtkorb" <Per.Brodtkorb@ffi.no> wrote in message news:eecb303.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hi, > > does anyone know why Fortran-mex files can't be compiled on matlab > V5.3 and run on matlab V6? > > For example: if I compile the example-program (shipped with matlab) > timestwo.f > on matlab version 5.3 (R11) and try to run > it on matlab version 6+ (R12 or R13), I ...

What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit)
What is the best way to import Excel files, with stock data, into Matlab? I’m using Matlab R2010b (64-bit) I’m trying to import historical prices of stock data. Matlab keeps cutting off the header of each column; it gives me only values. I am thinking that this is a data-type-mixing-issue, or whatever it’s called. I have ‘Dates’ in ColumnA, and ‘MSFT’, ‘PWER’, ‘KO’, and ‘SBUX’, in ColumnB-ColumnE. Basically, if I put the Excel file in my Matlab folder and double-click the file, I see the values in a matrix (no dates and no headers), I hit ‘Next’. Then, I see only one option; one radio button is enabled – ‘Create variable matching preview’. The other two options, ‘Create vectors from each column using column names’ and ‘Create vectors from each row using row names’ – both are greyed out. I’ve seen videos, on YouTube and on the Matlab site, where people import excel data and these options are NOT greyed out. No matter what I do, there options are ALWAYS greyed out. The problem is, when I click ‘Finish’ in my ‘Workspace’ I have a variable named ‘data’ all values in a 575x4 matrix, but I have NO DATES and I have NO HEADERS on the columns. All of this seems to go into another variable, called ‘textdata’; all dates and headers ate in textdata. This is VERY inconvenient. I’m trying to analyze some stock data and I have no headers, so I have no idea which stock is which (I can figure it out, but I think Matlab should do this for me). Also, I have no dates corresponding to ...

To run matlab codes in Digital Signal Processors(TMS320C6713)
How to run matlab codes in CCS(Code composer Studio) of TMS320C6713 Digital Signal Processor? ...

Shall i use the misrosoft Visual c++ code from a m-file generated from matlab in Visual C++ with out matlab runtime environment
undefined ...

Digital Watermarking(DCT Robust Watermarking) using Matlab. #2
Hello friends: I am doing a project in Digital watermarking(Robust watermarking) using DCT in Matlab could u please send me the code for it. i can send u specifications of Project.The specifications are . A. Write a simple program for a robust watermarking system in MatLab following the diagrams below. Fig. 1 The watermark embedding system. Fig. 2 The watermark detection system Tips: 1. Read in the image data using the function imread(). 2. The function for 2-d DCT: dct2(). 3. Use 1-bit information as your watermark, that is, you can select to embed either w= '1' or w='0'. 4. The embedding strategy: randomly select one coefficient x, if w=0, let x>50, else if w=0, let x<20. 5. The function for 2-d inverse DCT is idct2(). 6. Display the watermarked image using imshow() and save it using imwrite(). 7. The detector executes the inverse function of the embedder. B. Test the robustness of your system against Gaussian white additive noise with zero mean and increasing variance. (Tips: imnoise(I,'gaussian',M,V) adds Gaussian white noise of mean M and variance V to the image I. When unspecified, M and V default to 0 and 0.01 respectively.) It would be nice if u send me the code of this. Thanking ...

soft decoding of conv. codes using vitdec matlab func. #2
Hello, Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both case vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case o 'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out sof decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give me 2- db gain over hard decoding... any one having insight please let me know. thanks >Hello, > Isnt 'unquant' and 'soft' options essentially same?..in both cases >vitdec takes in "real numbers" as input (ok they are "mapped" in case of >'soft' option)..so can we not use 'unquant' option to carry out soft >decoding?...my preliminary results show that 'unquant' option give m 2-3 >db gain over hard decoding... >any one having insight please let me know. >thanks > > %%% Yes , u can use 'unquant' as soft decoding. try to implement for k=3 i.e [5 7] and BPSK and at roughly 4 dB u should get BER of 10^-3. Chintan ...

matlab help needed for Digital signal pulse shaping and baseband transmission
Hi all, I am a student and quite new to dsp. I need some help with matlab. I a trying to write the matlab code that will sample the input data stream u [+1 -1 +1 +1 -1] and make pusle shaping to nyquist raised cosine puls before being transmitted to the channel. Is it that the PAM block perform the sampling function but only selects one pulse (middle pulse) to trigge the Tx Filter? The nyquist roll off factor with the function g(t) (sin(pi*t/T)./(pi*t/T)).*(cos(alpha*pi*t/T)./(1-(2*alpha*t/T).^2)) must b used to get the pulse shaping done? How can i plot the input data stream t the continuous time signal after sampling and the corresponding outpu response of the filter? Anyone can help me and give me some idea? Thanks in advance. PMM Data rate R give the bit period Tb (assuming M is 1). Tb = 1/R. Larger the data rate R, larger the ISI A pulse g(t)*d(i) is transmitted at each bit period Tb and the accumulation of all such signals should give you the transmitted signal. ...

matlab forum
Hi, I am extremely interested in a Matlab Forum. Is there already one? Best Greetings Nina On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:25:14 +0000 (UTC), nvalkanova@hotmail.com (Nina) wrote: >Hi, > >I am extremely interested in a Matlab Forum. Is there already one? > >Best Greetings >Nina I daresay this (CSSM) is it. You've come to the right place. Denis. On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:07:27 GMT, Denis Gilbert <nospam@thank.you> wrote: >On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:25:14 +0000 (UTC), nvalkanova@hotmail.com >(Nina) wrote: > >>Hi, >> >>I am extremely interested in a Matlab Forum. Is there already one? There is one dedicated to matlab/Neural Network ToolBox at: http://www.makhfi.com .... >> >>Best Greetings >>Nina > >I daresay this (CSSM) is it. You've come to the right place. > >Denis. Denis Gilbert <nospam@thank.you> wrote in message <raivpvkqnhe8usep458ffped7rsjr26b8r@4ax.com>... > On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:25:14 +0000 (UTC), nvalkanova@hotmail.com > (Nina) wrote: > > >Hi, > > > >I am extremely interested in a Matlab Forum. Is there already one? > > > >Best Greetings > >Nina > > I daresay this (CSSM) is it. You've come to the right place. > > Denis. > ...

OpenCL and MATLAB
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew if OpenCL can be easily interfaced with MATLAB. I've been programming CUDA code which i've interfaced with MATLAB via the MEX interface, which, despite having some frustrations with the MEX interface, has been extremely productive, as i can examine results so easily in MATLAB. My research group is now planning a project to produce some GPU computing suites and are opting for OpenCL due to it's vendor-agnostic nature and also it's interoperability between GPUs and multi-core CPU machines. What i would like to know is if OpenCL code can be interfaced with MATLAB via the MEX interface successfully, i havent found anything which suggests either way and i don't yet know anything about OpenCL. Your comments will be greatly appreciated Many thanks Matt HI Matt, I saw your postings on using Matlab with CUDA on a Mac. Do you have a more detailed documentation on how to do this? Your posting is a little sketchy for me - I'm not a power unix user and could use a little more details. Thanks for your help. Martin.Lo@jpl.nasa.gov "Matthew " <matthew.rowe.09@ucl.ac.uk> wrote in message <i40v17$mvn$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi > > I was wondering if anyone knew if OpenCL can be easily interfaced > with MATLAB. > > I've been programming CUDA code which i've interfaced with MATLAB > via the MEX interface, which, despite having some frustra...

Web resources about - how to digitize in matlab - comp.soft-sys.matlab

Digitizing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is the representation of an object , image , sound , document or a signal (usually an analog signal ) by a discrete set of its points or samples ...

PhotoRevival: Digitize, Revive, & Share Your Old Photos for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 ...
Get PhotoRevival: Digitize, Revive, & Share Your Old Photos on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Harvard Law And Ravel Law To Digitize All Case Law For Free; Are Paid Competitors Worried?
When will you be able to get all of your case law for free? Soon!

Adobe's Fill & Sign Makes It Easy To Digitize And Fill Out Tedious Forms
The dream of the 1990s was a paperless office, a digital wonderland where no one would ever have to change a toner cartridge again. That, um, ...

Take Note: You Can Now Easily Digitize Your Post-It Notes With Evernote For iOS
... app has just received an update that adds the new Post-it Note camera. This new feature enables you to snap photos of Post-it Notes and digitize ...

Fujitsu's ScanSnap iX500 digitizes 25 double-sided docs per minute; wins a Best of Show
The straightforward demonstrations you see at Macworld are sometimes the best. No long pitch or hard sale, just a quick demo of a scanner zipping ...

Archives digitize 19th century materials for 21st century access
The Victorian era has become ridiculously popular in the new millennium. Between costume drama in film and steampunk in print and video games, ...

Deming Library to digitize historic photos from Nesset family farm
... or more photos tied to the historic Nesset homestead in South Fork Valley is the latest batch of rural Whatcom County images to be digitized ...

You Can Now Digitize HarperCollins Books Using Bitlit App
... keep everyone happy, and they're starting to convince the players in the publishing game that matter most. Bitlit, an app that helps you digitize ...

WSDOT partners with Seattle tech company to digitize inspections on viaduct, roads statewide
When the Washington state Department of Transportation finishes building a road or bridge, all the documents related to the project are printed, ...