f



How to run MATLAB 7 on windows 8?

I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
is there anyone else facing the same problem????
11
7/25/2012 10:15:24 PM
comp.soft-sys.matlab 211264 articles. 26 followers. lunamoonmoon (257) is leader. Post Follow

20 Replies
51540 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:

> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?

3
Aftab
7/27/2012 4:51:04 AM
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

I'm running Matlab R2012a(64-bit) on windows 8 pro (64bit).

To install matlab, i moved the install-files to C:\matlab (run the install as admin/windows xp service pack 3)..

the install and program works perfekt for me.. (:

hope it helps.. (and I hope my english is not to bad )
4
10/2/2012 11:11:08 AM
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Yes. My old computer died, so I recently got a new computer with windows 8 installed (so I have no choice on which OS to use). 

I moved the installer to Program files/Matlab like the poster above me said. Then I opened it. It will get to a dialogue window that says it's reconfiguring Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, gets to 0%, then... nothing happens. Matlab never installs. 

Does this mean I need to download visual studio as well? 
3
cwing314 (4)
11/13/2012 5:08:20 PM
"Cam " <cwing314@gmail.com> wrote in message <k7tuq4$k6n$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
> 
> Yes. My old computer died, so I recently got a new computer with windows 8 installed (so I have no choice on which OS to use). 
> 
> I moved the installer to Program files/Matlab like the poster above me said. Then I opened it. It will get to a dialogue window that says it's reconfiguring Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, gets to 0%, then... nothing happens. Matlab never installs. 
> 
> Does this mean I need to download visual studio as well? 

I am experiencing this as well.. Any workarounds?
3
koolmoo (4)
11/19/2012 11:16:19 PM
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????
0
11/23/2012 11:34:08 AM
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

You can running Malab7 on Windows 8 by change compatibility mde to be run in Windows Visita (Service Pack 2)
4
11/25/2012 5:32:09 PM
I have the same problem and I dont know what can I do??
1
haneen (8)
11/26/2012 3:27:18 AM
"Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Compatibility mode doesn't work for me. I had to install Matlab as 32-bit. It's working, but very slowly and not stable.
1
mpacuszka (4)
11/26/2012 11:03:09 AM
You can make it Run as Administrator
0
haneen (8)
11/26/2012 12:25:09 PM
"Mateusz" wrote in message <k8vi9d$c18$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
> 
> Compatibility mode doesn't work for me. I had to install Matlab as 32-bit. It's working, but very slowly and not stable.

you can make it run as administrator
2
haneen (8)
11/26/2012 12:27:09 PM
"Haneen " <lolo.20101990@hotmail.com> wrote in message <k8vn6t$rbr$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Mateusz" wrote in message <k8vi9d$c18$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > "Dishant Arora" wrote in message <jupr5s$1r7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the system.
> > > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
> > 
> > Compatibility mode doesn't work for me. I had to install Matlab as 32-bit. It's working, but very slowly and not stable.
> 
> you can make it run as administrator

Did you see it?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_install/matlab-installation-stuck-on-windows-8-pro-64-bit/20d19cd8-a2b3-461a-8006-dfbf12408817
2
ggreco (3)
12/13/2012 6:51:08 PM
Aftab MooShoo Bong Singh <me@x55v1veZ$7PA0YcSjt%BK0FvzW~EDot$.dam> wrote in message <50121e38$0$13024$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astraweb.com>...
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:
> 
> > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> > system.
> > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
> 
> When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?

My desktop running 64-bit WIN8 OS, and the Matlab 7 works well when I modified the compatible mode as Vistas.....Hope this would help.
2
2/28/2013 9:36:08 AM
"Qian " <christine412@live.com> wrote in message <kgn8e7$b2v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Aftab MooShoo Bong Singh <me@x55v1veZ$7PA0YcSjt%BK0FvzW~EDot$.dam> wrote in message <50121e38$0$13024$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astraweb.com>...
> > On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:
> > 
> > > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> > > system.
> > > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
> > 
> > When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?
> 
> My desktop running 64-bit WIN8 OS, and the Matlab 7 works well when I modified the compatible mode as Vistas.....Hope this would help.


thanks for the help, it works on my desktop too (:
3
6/19/2013 6:07:10 AM
"Oky Nur Hidayat" <okynh.clan@gmail.com> wrote in message <kprhqe$hh8$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Qian " <christine412@live.com> wrote in message <kgn8e7$b2v$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Aftab MooShoo Bong Singh <me@x55v1veZ$7PA0YcSjt%BK0FvzW~EDot$.dam> wrote in message <50121e38$0$13024$c3e8da3$40d4fd75@news.astraweb.com>...
> > > On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 22:15:24 +0000, Dishant  wrote:
> > > 
> > > > I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
> > > > recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the
> > > > system.
> > > > Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
> > > > is there anyone else facing the same problem????
> > > 
> > > When was the last time you thought about contacting Microsoft?
> > 
> > My desktop running 64-bit WIN8 OS, and the Matlab 7 works well when I modified the compatible mode as Vistas.....Hope this would help.
> 
> Yes very useful information:
1. Right click the MATLAB icon 
2. choose troubleshoot compatibility 
3.do not choose recommended setting , choose trouble shoot programme 
4. choose window vista(service pack2) only 
5. test the programme before you press "Next"
6.progrrame will run 
7. save the settings as asked by system 
finish 




4. 
 

> thanks for the help, it works on my desktop too (:
3
pgshilpi (4)
8/21/2013 4:50:27 PM
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 3:15:24 PM UTC-7, Dishant  wrote:
> I was previously running matlab 7 on windows, using classic theme.
>=20
> recently i upgraded to windows 8 and not able to run matlab 7 on the syst=
em.
>=20
> Kindly help me running it on windows 8.
>=20
> is there anyone else facing the same problem????

Hey if it is still not working then you can try linux... Install ubuntu or =
mint and download matlab for linux!!! If you do not want to install linux a=
s an OS you can use simulator if your device's processor is capable enough =
to run win 8 linux and matlab!!! I won't prefer third option!!!
2
11/16/2013 12:45:52 PM
I also need to run MATLAB R2007A on a very new Windows8 machine.  I am trying to run a aeronautical simulation using an older set of library files which runs perfectly on WinXP.  I'm pretty sure these libraries are not compatible with the newer MATLABs so I'm kinda stuck here.

I followed the various ideas proposed in the previous posts.  The R2007A install program refused to run until I forced a 32bit installation by copying the install disk content to C:\program files (x86)\MATLAB and ALSO making sure the SETUP.EXE was set to Compatibility Mode (Vista service pack 2).   Inoticed that on my R2007A install disks there was three SETUP.EXE.  One at top, and one in each of the 32 and 64 bit sub-folders.  I used the 32 bit one for the most recent attempt that appeared to work.

The installation appears to have gone normally.  But now when I try to launch MATLAB I get an entire screen full of "java script" warnings.  Almost like JAVA is entirely missing.  Do I need to install this for Windows 8?   

Any and all advice or help (especially by someone who got this working) would be greatly appreciated!
3
2/12/2014 5:51:37 PM
Em quarta-feira, 12 de fevereiro de 2014 15h51min38s UTC-2, jstevenson599  =
escreveu:
> I also need to run MATLAB R2007A on a very new Windows8 machine.  I am tr=
ying to run a aeronautical simulation using an older set of library files w=
hich runs perfectly on WinXP.  I'm pretty sure these libraries are not comp=
atible with the newer MATLABs so I'm kinda stuck here.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I followed the various ideas proposed in the previous posts.  The R2007A =
install program refused to run until I forced a 32bit installation by copyi=
ng the install disk content to C:\program files (x86)\MATLAB and ALSO makin=
g sure the SETUP.EXE was set to Compatibility Mode (Vista service pack 2). =
  Inoticed that on my R2007A install disks there was three SETUP.EXE.  One =
at top, and one in each of the 32 and 64 bit sub-folders.  I used the 32 bi=
t one for the most recent attempt that appeared to work.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> The installation appears to have gone normally.  But now when I try to la=
unch MATLAB I get an entire screen full of "java script" warnings.  Almost =
like JAVA is entirely missing.  Do I need to install this for Windows 8?  =
=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Any and all advice or help (especially by someone who got this working) w=
ould be greatly appreciated!

Hi, Users


I'm with its problem, too....=20

Someone knows how to solve

Thanks
Carlos
2
krlosbatist
3/25/2014 10:34:59 PM
Hello. There are many options here to choose me, I think will try them one by one, thank all! http://www.friv3go.com
1
lovestory (3)
7/21/2014 11:38:45 PM
krlosbatist@gmail.com wrote in message <f5916b07-8e31-48f6-9d7f-872784a87117@googlegroups.com>...
> Em quarta-feira, 12 de fevereiro de 2014 15h51min38s UTC-2, jstevenson599  escreveu:
> > I also need to run MATLAB R2007A on a very new Windows8 machine.  I am trying to run a aeronautical simulation using an older set of library files which runs perfectly on WinXP.  I'm pretty sure these libraries are not compatible with the newer MATLABs so I'm kinda stuck here.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > I followed the various ideas proposed in the previous posts.  The R2007A install program refused to run until I forced a 32bit installation by copying the install disk content to C:\program files (x86)\MATLAB and ALSO making sure the SETUP.EXE was set to Compatibility Mode (Vista service pack 2).   Inoticed that on my R2007A install disks there was three SETUP.EXE.  One at top, and one in each of the 32 and 64 bit sub-folders.  I used the 32 bit one for the most recent attempt that appeared to work.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > The installation appears to have gone normally.  But now when I try to launch MATLAB I get an entire screen full of "java script" warnings.  Almost like JAVA is entirely missing.  Do I need to install this for Windows 8?   
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > Any and all advice or help (especially by someone who got this working) would be greatly appreciated!
> 
> Hi, Users
> 
> 
> I'm with its problem, too.... 
> 
> Someone knows how to solve
> 
> Thanks
> Carlos

Right click setup and go to properties
click on compatibility
check the 'compatibility mode' box
choose vista service pack 2
ok and run the program..... 
it worked for me and I hope this will work for you too
0
Hamaid
3/12/2015 10:04:06 PM
"Haneen " <moonlight.plus@yahoo.com> wrote in message 


This method works!!!!!!!!!!

You can running Malab7 on Windows 8 by change compatibility mde to be run in Windows Visita (Service Pack 2)

This method works!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!
0
CHUANQIANG
4/25/2015 11:03:20 PM
Reply: